Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex

Old 12th December 2009, 20:10   #1  |  Link
rtjnyoface
Constantly learning

Better IVTC

Is there a way to get better results from IVTC such as doing all 3 processes separately? Currently I am using Megui's TIVTC (yes, I understand some here aren't fond of megui) and I would like to produce better results. Anyone willing to take a couple posts to provide me with some guidance or willing to give some links to material better than that on the google search of "ivtc"? I'm not afraid to use avisynth.
rtjnyoface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2009, 20:47   #2  |  Link
Inspector.Gadget

TIVTC is called by MeGUI, but has its own manual and stands alone. Decomb IVTC is another option. More advanced options included YATTA, using TIVTC for VFR, and for "perfect" sources using a regular field-matching command to turn 5 reasonably clean hard telecined frames (3 progressive and 2 interlaced) back into the original frame rate, etc.
Inspector.Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2009, 21:28   #3  |  Link
TheRyuu
warpsharpened

Well depending on what kind of source you have often times
Code:
tfm().tdecimate()
will yield the best result, at least out of the automatic ivtc filters.

Decomb is an older one which has its uses but for general ivtc I would not recommend it.

And indeed there are other options to give us a more 'perfect' result such as using yatta's pattern guidance. Just keep in mind that sometimes no amount of magic can clean up a badly done source.
TheRyuu is offline   Reply With Quote