Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 26th March 2008, 10:44   #1041  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author
 
Atak_Snajpera's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Poland
Posts: 6,773
Please send me 50 Mb TS sample
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 13:36   #1042  |  Link
ajamils
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajamils View Post
@Atak,

Will it be possible for you (or someone who know what they are doing) to create a tutorial for converting 720p & 1080p file to Ps3 recognizable format (with 5.1 surround) for all the newbies like me ?

Even though your software is straight forward, I'm not having 100% success in conversion because I do not know what all the options mean and which ones should I select.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajamils View Post
tutorial ???
ajamils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 13:59   #1043  |  Link
survivant001
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Whyyyyyyyyyyy ? Is that hard to burn directory directly in IMGBurn????


Why do you always write ajak?
to save a step on opening nero.. drag and drop.. burn

just double click on the iso.. I'm lazy


ajak.. ah aha h.. it's a typo. sorry
survivant001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 14:44   #1044  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author
 
Atak_Snajpera's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Poland
Posts: 6,773
Quote:
just double click on the iso.. I'm lazy
I'm lazy too
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 14:57   #1045  |  Link
~bT~
н∂-αиαтι
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bedfordshire, UK
Posts: 1,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajamils View Post
wot tutorial do u want. ripping to what format?
~bT~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 14:57   #1046  |  Link
ajamils
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
I'm lazy too
I'm sure you can find enough strength to do a tutorial

Last edited by ajamils; 26th March 2008 at 15:11.
ajamils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 15:12   #1047  |  Link
ajamils
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~bT~ View Post
wot tutorial do u want. ripping to what format?
Tutorial about what settings to use for converting 720p and 1080p files for Ps3 without the loss of PQ or surround sound.
ajamils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 16:55   #1048  |  Link
Ryu77
Registered User
 
Ryu77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajamils View Post
Tutorial about what settings to use for converting 720p and 1080p files for Ps3 without the loss of PQ or surround sound.
Just do some research on the x264 codec and learn what the settings mean. Then research DTS and AC3 audio... Google, google and more google.

If you are unclear about output formats, look up (google) these terms m2ts, Blu-ray and AVCHD.

From there you should be clued in enough to use RipBot264 and get the desired results.

Oh and by the way use google!
Ryu77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 17:06   #1049  |  Link
ajamils
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu77 View Post
Just do some research on the x264 codec and learn what the settings mean. Then research DTS and AC3 audio... Google, google and more google.

If you are unclear about output formats, look up (google) these terms m2ts, Blu-ray and AVCHD.

From there you should be clued in enough to use RipBot264 and get the desired results.

Oh and by the way use google!
Thanks for the advise but like other people here....i'm lazy too
ajamils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 17:59   #1050  |  Link
Ryu77
Registered User
 
Ryu77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajamils View Post
Thanks for the advise but like other people here....i'm lazy too
With all due respect, I feel Atak said that out of cheekiness to you first making the "I'm lazy" statement.

Do you really think Atak is lazy with all the improvements he is making to RipBot264?

Again, no disrespect intended but how do you expect others to create a guide for you, if you wont put in a little bit of effort to learn some fundamentals required to even understand a guide if one was in fact created?
Ryu77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 18:29   #1051  |  Link
ajamils
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu77 View Post
With all due respect, I feel Atak said that out of cheekiness to you first making the "I'm lazy" statement.

Do you really think Atak is lazy with all the improvements he is making to RipBot264?

Again, no disrespect intended but how do you expect others to create a guide for you, if you wont put in a little bit of effort to learn some fundamentals required to even understand a guide if one was in fact created?
I said it as a joke too and it was not meant to disrespect anyone. As for me asking about the tutorials, I just thought that it would be beneficial for all the new people to learn from the experiences of people like you(currently reading your threads on Afterdawn forum) and Atak instead of them spending many hours learning it themselves cuz after all not everyone has the same level of intelligence .

As for me being lazy, I've spent COUNTLESS hours reading different forums (to a point where my girl is getting annoyed because I spend more time reading forums than watching movies that we already have on Blu-ray ) and trying out different software/scripts to make things work and I'm still not 100% successful and that's why I wanted input for the the experts so that I at least have one side covered, while I learn/understand other ways of doing the same process.
ajamils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 18:45   #1052  |  Link
~bT~
н∂-αиαтι
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bedfordshire, UK
Posts: 1,005
here, i made a lil tut for the lazy ones out there

http://maxupload.com/36F6A3B4

its a flash guide. make sure you have flash installed on your system. now don't ask me for a tut on that
~bT~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 19:05   #1053  |  Link
ajamils
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~bT~ View Post
here, i made a lil tut for the lazy ones out there

http://maxupload.com/36F6A3B4

its a flash guide. make sure you have flash installed on your system. now don't ask me for a tut on that

You that MAN !!! Thank you sir. Gonna check it out right now.
ajamils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 19:16   #1054  |  Link
ajamils
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 130
Ok just watched the tut. Good stuff !! Now I have the following question

1) Why did you select output as "Blu-ray Disc" ? Wouldn't mp4 be better if I just want to copy the file to Ps3 instead of creating the whole Blu-ray structure (my understanding is that "Blu-ray Disc" output creates the whole file structure for a Blu-ray" and that's only if I want to "burn" the movie to a disc")

2) What does "CQ" under mode and "CRF" means ? Do we ever use that for converting movies for Ps3 ?

3) Why do we have to select "Lock Size" and "Size" (on the properties page?

Sorry for the newbie question and thanks again for the tut.
ajamils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 19:27   #1055  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author
 
Atak_Snajpera's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Poland
Posts: 6,773
1) in order to get *.m2ts (AVC+5.1 sound). It can be copied on PS3 HD.
2) CQ means Constant Quality. CRF = Constant Rate Factor.
3) In order to use whole space on disc. Blu-Ray allows only two resolutions 1080p and 720p
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 19:36   #1056  |  Link
ajamils
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
1) in order to get *.m2ts (AVC+5.1 sound). It can be copied on PS3 HD.
2) CQ means Constant Quality. CRF = Constant Rate Factor.
3) In order to use whole space on disc. Blu-Ray allows only two resolutions 1080p and 720p
Thanks for the reply.

1) So if I use *.mp4, I will not get 5.1 sound ? Also, the Blu-ray mode outputs a folder, is the *.m2ts file inside it ? If so, I can just copy that file to Ps3 and everything will be ok ?

2) So we do not use CQ or CRF for blu-ray ?
ajamils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 19:41   #1057  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author
 
Atak_Snajpera's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Poland
Posts: 6,773
Quote:
1) So if I use *.mp4, I will not get 5.1 sound ? Also, the Blu-ray mode outputs a folder, is the *.m2ts file inside it ? If so, I can just copy that file to Ps3 and everything will be ok ?
PS3 probably still downmix to 2.0. ( I haven't checked that with latest firmware ...)

If you don't care about final size use CQ@22 otherwise if you are going to fit your movie on DVD then you must use 2-pass!
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 20:02   #1058  |  Link
ajamils
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 130
I converted Rush Hour 3 to mp4 with AC3 audio and Ps3 info showed 5.1 Dolby (that was before the latest update). Also, since I'm not gonna burn a movie to DVD, will using SQ@22 take more time than the other option ?

Will the quality be the same with 2-pass or CQ@22 ?

(I'm sure I'm starting to annoy you with all the questions )
ajamils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 20:08   #1059  |  Link
~bT~
н∂-αиαтι
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bedfordshire, UK
Posts: 1,005
^ yes, coz ur not trying to understand why we do things the way we do.
~bT~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 20:18   #1060  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author
 
Atak_Snajpera's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Poland
Posts: 6,773
Quote:
I converted Rush Hour 3 to mp4 with AC3 audio and Ps3 info showed 5.1 Dolby (that was before the latest update). Also, since I'm not gonna burn a movie to DVD, will using SQ@22 take more time than the other option ?
PS3 sees AC3 in mp4 container??? DTS as well???

Quote:
Will the quality be the same with 2-pass or CQ@22 ?
Read MeGui tutorials ok?
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 16:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.