Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Linux, Mac OS X, & Co

Old 20th February 2010, 06:51   #1  |  Link
jckson

Linux installation problem. please help!

Hi!
I am trying to install linux(ive tryed Fedora 12, ubuntu 9.10 and 9.04) on my desktop computer that my friend gave me. it had been sitting in his gorage for a while. when linux gets about half way installed an error message comes up and says: "The installer has encountered an error coping files to your hard disk, this error is often due to a faulty CD/DVD disk or drive, or a faulty hard disk. it may help to burn the cd/dvd at a lower speed, to clean the cd/dvd drive lens to check weather the HDD is old and in need of replacement, or move the system to a cooler environment".
jckson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2010, 11:08   #2  |  Link
Midzuki
Unavailable

Quote:
"The installer has encountered an error coping files to your hard disk, this error is often due to a faulty CD/DVD disk or drive, or a faulty hard disk. it may help to burn the cd/dvd at a lower speed, to clean the cd/dvd drive lens to check weather the HDD is old and in need of replacement, or move the system to a cooler environment".
Sometimes the error messages mean exactly what they say. Maybe the lens of the DVD drive is really dirty and needs to be cleaned, perhaps the HDD really has got a problem, and it's not impossible that the CPU temperature is going too high. You'd better check all these possibilities.
Midzuki is offline   Reply With Quote