Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 29th September 2008, 23:29   #181  |  Link
KenD00

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomZ View Post
1 - It's not ./dumphd.sh but sh ./dumphd.sh.
Um, no, this is not necessary. The script contains the proper header line so that you can start it directly. However, is uses bash instead of sh.

@kkloster21:
Don't you have bash on your system anymore? Although the error message doesn't seem to support this theory i otherwise can't explain why it runs with sh. What happens if you enter /bin/bash into a console?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomZ View Post
2 - You need a copy of libaacskeys.so and (not sure) aacskeys files taken from aacskeys source directory (another project).
You need to have the files libaacskeys.so, ProcessingDeviceKeysSimple.txt and HostKeyCertificate.txt in the root directory of DumpHD.

KenD00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2008, 13:32   #182  |  Link
kkloster21

the problem is solved for me - there was a strange character in the dumphd 0.45 sh script (a carriage return or a null character or something that doesn't show up). i deleted it and it works fine now.

sorry to have caused a big stink about it.

if anyone else has had this problem try this:

open the dumphd.sh file in a text editor and put the cursor just in front of the "java -server..." line and press backspace until there are no spaces between the "j" in java and the "s" in the bash on the first line. Then press enter (or return) twice to put the "java -server..." line on its own line in the script file with a line space in between the lines of code.

sorry if this is a stupid mini-howto but there may be people out there as green as me!
kkloster21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2008, 18:27   #183  |  Link
kkloster21

i have not been able to stream to mplayer (or vlc) from dumphd 0.45. i am still able to stream content to mplayer (but only audio to vlc, not video) using dumphd 0.4 but it doesn't work with v0.45. i think it is a problem with trying to stream multiple files to mplayer (since v0.45 now streams the entire disc instead of just one file at a time).

has anybody else been able to stream content to mplayer (instead of dumping it) using dumphd v0.45?
Old 1st October 2008, 07:09   #184  |  Link
KenD00

About that problem with the shell script, its all my fault . I've build the zip under windows so all the files had windows line terminators, obviously bash doesn't like that.

DumpHD 0.4 could also stream the whole disc but in contrast to 0.45 as second option only one file. DumpHD 0.45 can stream multiple files in a specified order, but for this to work you have to specify them on the command line with the new switch --infile and use the disc root directory as input instead the file directly. And this does work with 0.45, only complete disc streaming of Blu-Rays is broken, and that is broken in 0.4 too .

I have uploaded a new version that should fix all these issues.

Old 1st October 2008, 15:38   #185  |  Link
kkloster21

happy to report that dumphd v0.46 works for streaming blu-rays to mplayer! it worked when i input only the root disc location (for complete disc streaming) and also when i specified the main movie file with the --infile switch.

thanks KenD00!
Old 7th October 2008, 04:53   #186  |  Link
kkloster21

KenD00:

there seems to be a problem streaming multiple files: dumphd doesn't work if you attempt to specify (with --infile:...) more than 8 files to stream consecutively. this can be a problem with movies such Ratatouille, which have 31 or so .m2ts files that need to be played (not in sequential order). is it possible (and not too difficult) for you to enable streaming of more than 8 user specified files with dumphd?

thanks again KenD00 for all your great work!
Old 7th October 2008, 07:45   #187  |  Link
CiNcH

Quote:
happy to report that dumphd v0.46 works for streaming blu-rays to mplayer!
Can somebody explain that one? So does this work on-the-fly without copying the content to HDD? Does mplayer read from stdout? How is this environment set up?

Last edited by CiNcH; 7th October 2008 at 07:53.
CiNcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2008, 07:53   #188  |  Link
chavonbravo

Yes, you can stream to and read from stdout w/ dumphd and mplayer/xine, though xine doesn't like streams for some reason, only files on hdd.
chavonbravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2008, 13:44   #189  |  Link
kkloster21

@CiNcH

an example command line input for linux would be:

Code:
./dumphd.sh /media/cdrom1/ | mplayer -cache 8192 -demuxer lavf -aid 1 -channels 6 -
for windows i imagine it would look something like:

Code:
>Dumphd.cmd d:\ | mplayer -cache 8192 -demuxer lavf -aid 1 -channels 6 -
where all the -flag inputs are arguments to mplayer and the final "-" indicates to mplayer that it should read from stdout. (i'm not sure if it works exactly the same way in windows). i hope this helps.

Note that you will also need some other files in the directory that you run that from (besides the dumpHD program).

Last edited by kkloster21; 7th October 2008 at 13:49.
Old 8th October 2008, 19:39   #190  |  Link
KenD00

Quote:
there seems to be a problem streaming multiple files: dumphd doesn't work if you attempt to specify (with --infile:...) more than 8 files to stream consecutively.
And again, it's not DumpHD but the rather simple shell scripts . I'm not an expert in writing these so i used what i knew, because of that only at most 9 parameters get passed to DumpHD. Replace dumphd.sh with this:
Code:
#!/bin/bash

java -server -Djava.library.path=. -jar DumpHD.jar "$@"
For the windows side, replace DumpHD.cmd with this:
Code:
@java -server -jar DumpHD.jar %*
This way all the parameters get passed to DumpHD and you can specify as many files as you like. I won't make a new release for this small fix, it will be included later.

Has anyone tested DumpHD with BD recordables yet, i'd like to know if it handles them correctly because i can't test this myself.

Old 8th October 2008, 22:00   #191  |  Link
XAvAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavonbravo View Post
Yes, you can stream to and read from stdout w/ dumphd and mplayer/xine, though xine doesn't like streams for some reason, only files on hdd.
It's jut that Xine doesn't accept '-' to mean stdin. Try 'stdin://' instead.
XAvAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2008, 02:02   #192  |  Link
chavonbravo

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAvAX View Post
It's jut that Xine doesn't accept '-' to mean stdin. Try 'stdin://' instead.
Yes, that's what I'd used. It can't find a demuxer when it's stdin:// for me. Only works in file mode.
Old 9th October 2008, 05:48   #193  |  Link
XAvAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavonbravo View Post
Yes, that's what I'd used. It can't find a demuxer when it's stdin:// for me. Only works in file mode.
Hm. Try this:
Code:
xine --verbose <file> | grep 'xine: found demuxer plugin:'
on one of the files from a decryption. The line should be in the format
Code:
xine: found demuxer plugin: <word> demux plugin
Take the first word of "<word> demux plugin", and when you next go to play it via streaming, try to pipe it into
Code:
xine stdin:// demux:<word>

Last edited by XAvAX; 9th October 2008 at 05:52.
XAvAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2008, 17:52   #194  |  Link
chavonbravo

Even then it's pointless, as it can't decode vc1. For some reason, xineplug_decode_ff doesn't use the ffvc1 codec.
Old 8th November 2008, 22:57   #195  |  Link
KenD00

DumpHD 0.5

Today i'm proud to present you DumpHD 0.5.

This new version adds experimental BD+ support to DumpHD . This feature isn't fully automatic and only works in CLI mode currently. It requires that you already have the BD+ Conversion Table from the movie. To get this file, you can use the BDVM Debugger 0.1.1. Then simply specify this file on the command line with the new switch --convtable:<file> and BD+ gets removed too.

I have also updated ConvTableView (links in the first post) to do some structural sanity checks when reading a Conversion Table. If your movie doesn't decrypt succesfully open the Conversion Table with this tool and check if the log displays any messages.

The current implementation of the BD+ stuff isn't very clean, DumpHD is quite AACS centric and changing this will need some time. Also using the BDVM Debugger to get the Conversion Table automatically isn't that easy, so don't expect this to happen soon (and the BDVM itself needs work too).

Because i plan to make bigger changes to the source and don't know when this will happen and because i have promised that earlier this release includes something more than all the previous ones: the full source code of DumpHD under the GPLv3.
Now for every aspect of decrypting a commercial HD-DVD / Blu-Ray the source code is available, maybe this will help to get smoother playback on platforms not intended by the big movie studios .

Old 9th November 2008, 20:59   #196  |  Link
kkloster21

KenD00 -

thanks for implementing this into dumpHD!

i've tried using dumphd-0.5 with the convtable flag and i haven't been able to get it to work. i checked the tables in your convtableview and the log says they loaded successfully. could it be a problem with the location of the files? i know that the infile flag looks for the file relative to the source directory (i.e. /media/cdrom1 or whatever). could it be looking in the wrong place for the conv_tab.bin?

Code:
/dumphd-0.5/dumphd.sh --infile:BDMV/STREAM/00000.m2ts --convtable:live_free_or_die_hard_tab.bin /media/cdrom1/ | mplayer -cache 8192 -lavdopts threads=4 -aid 4352 -channels 6 -
MPlayer dev-SVN-r27902-4.3.2 (C) 2000-2008 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad  CPU   Q9450  @ 2.66GHz (Family: 6, Model: 23, Stepping: 7)
CPUflags:  MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1 SSE2: 1
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE SSE2

Playing -.
Reading from stdin...
Cache fill:  0.00% (0 bytes)   

Exiting... (End of file)
this is all i get from the console - not very helpful. if there is any other info i can give you please let me know.

thanks again for all your hard work!
Old 9th November 2008, 22:21   #197  |  Link
KenD00

I tried to reproduce your result and indeed it happens if the conversion table file isn't found. The --convtable switch takes the file as given, that means if the path is not absolute it is resolved against the current directory. You have given only the filename so it looks for the file in the current directory, regarding your given console output this is /dumphd-0.5, check if your conversion table is there too.

Looks like you made the console dump by appending the > operator behind the whole command, this won't work because it grabs only the output from the program at the end of the pipe (in your case mplayer), maybe its also a problem because DumpHD writes it output to stderr and not stdout, i'm not sure. Anyway, its possible to grab the output from DumpHD but i remember it is difficult and so i forgot how .

Old 9th November 2008, 23:41   #198  |  Link
kkloster21

the convtable file is in the current directory, i double checked. i tried giving an absolute address also - same result.

i'm not sure what you mean about the > operator, i haven't used it in the command. i'm just piping to mplayer, which has always worked with previous versions of dumpHD. is there something else i'm doing wrong?
Old 10th November 2008, 01:43   #199  |  Link
KenD00

Usually, if you want to get the console output from a program, you do something like that
Code:
ls > output.txt
this saves you from copy pasting the stuff from the console window. But well, thats not the problem here.

Your console dump shows that the problem lies in DumpHD, it doesn't stream anything to mplayer. If its not the conversion table, then its something else. Just start DumpHD as you would but don't pipe the output to mplayer and give a destination (if you don't your console gets crazy ) then you should be able to see the messages from DumpHD. If you can't solve the problem post the output here and i take a look.

Old 10th November 2008, 02:32   #200  |  Link
kkloster21

KenD00 -

here is the output i get when i don't pipe to mplayer:

Code:
/dumphd-0.5/dumphd.sh --infile:BDMV/STREAM/00000.m2ts --convtable:live_free_or_die_hard_tab.bin /media/cdrom1/
Unknown long option: "convtable:live_free_or_die_hard_tab.bin"
(its the same as if i type "> output.txt" and copy and paste that.) i've never seen "unknown long option" before. do you know what it means? i tried looking around to find out but i didn't find anything useful.