Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VirtualDub, VDubMod & AviDemux

Closed Thread

Old 15th January 2003, 18:10   #1  |  Link
drwe_1600

Help fixing LOTR: The Two Towers

Hi there. I've got a Sharereactor version of The Two Towers screener, but it appears that frames 11263-11293 cause Windows Media player to crash. It seems like everyone else that downloaded it has the same problem. Is there a way to fix this? I know you can delete those frames, but I'm not quite sure how that would turn out, and I'm not even sure how to exactly do that. Any suggestions? I also have another version of the same movie, but the sound quality is a little worse and the motion is slightly choppy. Would it be possible to copy the frames from the other version and replace the corrupted frames with these? Thanks.

Drew
Old 15th January 2003, 20:17   #2  |  Link
Angrychair

Fact: IN SOVIET RUSSIA jokes are dead

Thanks for clarifying this website's position on pirated films, Don.

Last edited by Angrychair; 16th January 2003 at 00:34.
Old 16th January 2003, 00:00   #3  |  Link

Quote:
(sorry, couldn't help but reply to something so idiotic as the original post with something I found that was equally idiotic on slashdot... Once again, sorry in advance for anyone that doesn't find this amusing)
Not amusing at all, and you won't last here very long if you go around calling people's posts idiotic. I'll be nice and only strike you for rule 11.
Old 16th January 2003, 00:06   #4  |  Link

@Drew

Yes, it is possible to replace the frames with the good ones. It would be easiest in Avisynth. Perhaps you should repost the query there; the denizens like challenges like this.
Old 16th January 2003, 00:33   #5  |  Link
Angrychair

Quote:
Originally posted by neuron2
Not amusing at all, and you won't last here very long if you go around calling people's posts idiotic. I'll be nice and only strike you for rule 11.
Didn't realize I was in such a pirate friendly territory. I'm more used to boards where the moderators delete questions asking how they can watch their pirated films.
Old 16th January 2003, 18:24   #6  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

It is theoretically possible (and not even so hard.. all you need is to know how to cut and copy together two movie clips - incidentally this is part of the virtualdub procedure document).
As for practice, I could potentially interprete your post as to ask somebody to help you in illegal activities which is eligible for a double strike (rule6 - warez). I don't care where your source is from, this is a matter between you and the copyright holder, but I care for the reputation of this board. And that reputation has to be "we don't support illegal activities, only personal backups". And by definition it's highly unlikely that you own a TTT DVD.