Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 5th August 2008, 16:20   #1221  |  Link
yawoo

I have a sample TRP file recorded by my set-top-box. I would like to convert it to TS format. Using TSRemux, it can recognize all video and audio streams. But it cannot detect the existing subtitle stream. How can I fix it? Here is the sample TRP file (11MB). Thx a lot.

http://www.u-file.net/f-hkr3913
yawoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 17:53   #1222  |  Link
Schmendrick

You should rather use Project-X instead of TsRemux as your source file is a standard SD-resolution MPEG2-file which properly can be demuxed by Project-X which also is able to extract your chinese sup-subtitle stream. In the sample you have provided I have found 7 subtitle images.

Schmendrick
Schmendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 18:23   #1223  |  Link
yawoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmendrick View Post
You should rather use Project-X instead of TsRemux as your source file is a standard SD-resolution MPEG2-file which properly can be demuxed by Project-X which also is able to extract your chinese sup-subtitle stream. In the sample you have provided I have found 7 subtitle images.

Schmendrick
Thx for your advice.
I have another TRP file with H264 video stream, which cannot remux to TS by ProjectX. Moreover, the SUP subtitle extracted by ProjectX cannot be remuxed to TS by TsRemux. Is it possible to re-pack all streams, including video, audio and subtitle, of this type of TRP to TS? Thx a lot.

http://www.u-file.net/f-fvs5138
yawoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 18:42   #1224  |  Link
rica

Yawoo, i think you are not alone; but sorry i'm not used to terrestrial broadcast and i'm afraid you have to wait until a handsome demuxer fixes this issue.

http://archives.free.net.ph/message/...6530a2.en.html

BTW i also gave it a go with your files on DVB Viewer Pro; no subtitles..

Last edited by rica; 5th August 2008 at 18:44.
rica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 21:35   #1225  |  Link
Schmendrick

I am not familiar with subtitle processing, but even though the other video contains a H.264-video stream still Project-X is able to demux everything except the h.264 video. The h.264 video you can demux with TsRemux, with it you can also remux without time alignment into a ts-file which contains a PMT-stream. Then from this ts-file Media-Info is able to determine the audio delay values of the audio streams so that you are able to properly synchonize the streams back again from the demuxed elementary streams. The sup-file can be read e.g. by SupRead or SubtitleCreator. With these programs you are also able to produce a srt-file and output the subtitles as BMP- or PNG-image files. From these image files it should be possible to encode a m2ts-file which can be processed by TSmuxer, but I have never done this so you will have to ask other people within the Subtitle subforum.

Schmendrick
Old 12th August 2008, 06:08   #1226  |  Link
Nullity

This question has been asked several times in this thread but I have not yet seen anyone answer it...

Could someone please explain in detail what the option "Bypass Audio Alignment" does and when it should/should not be used?
Nullity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2008, 06:53   #1227  |  Link
Duppie

Hi dmz01

Thanks for such a great free app. I am sure alot of people has asked the question if you would introduce file splitting on .m2ts files in the Blu-ray structure output. Do you have the intention of doing this in the future?

Thanks again.
Duppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2008, 07:31   #1228  |  Link
Schmendrick

@Nullity: The video and the audio stream in most satellite transmissions have a significant time offset and most of the times the audio is playing too late. If you keep the clip in the ts-container most players will automatically compensate this time offset by buffering the streams and playing them according to the time stamps which are included within the programme elementary stream container the streams are encapsulated within the ts-container.

If on the other hand you wish to demux the streams an produce pure elementary streams the time stamps are lost. So if the audio alignment is done before you demux the streams you keep synchronity.

Schmendrick
Old 12th August 2008, 23:06   #1229  |  Link
rica

Hi guys, TSRemux seems more precise in trimming but i've never achieved a right cut.

I set the trim beginning and end points and start remux.

Trimmed file starts from the right point but there is no end point; the rest is the left of the movie.

What am i doing wrong?

Last edited by rica; 12th August 2008 at 23:35.
rica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2008, 22:00   #1230  |  Link
GreenOnyx

When I select the main video stream and DTS-HD Master Audio stream from an existing blu-ray m2ts that I want to remux into a new Blu-ray, I think I might be losing the HD audio. If I open the output once complete, tsremux shows that it's a DTS-HD Master Audio stream, but tsmuxergui and my PC's software player just show DTS, not DTS-HD MSTR. Unfortunately I can't bitstream to test on my receiver right now, but am I doing something wrong, is it actually there and this is a labeling issue, or does tsremux not handle this properly right now?

The convert truehd/dtshd to DTS is NOT checked when I remux.

Any help would be appreciated.
GreenOnyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2008, 05:22   #1231  |  Link
Duppie

DolbyTrueHD, DTS-HD MA and LPCM

Hi There,

I have done the following tests during the week since it is very confusing to remember what tsMuxeR and TsRemux can do. I am also doing this to be used in AVCHD on disk for PS3 playback since I do not have a Blu-Ray writer and does not want to copy 5 DVD's each time and change them during playback. Will update it when complete. Sources was "Advantage point" for Dolby TrueHD, "Kung Fu Hustle" for LPCM and content from Demo world for DTS-HD MA. Any comments are welcome. I will post this in tsMuxeR as well since it was part of my test. Hope it helps.

Dolby True HD:
--------------
1. tsMuxeR Version 1.8.4(b):
-tsMuxeR > Blu-Ray > DVD > NOK
-tsMuxeR > Blu-Ray > AVCHD > NOK

2. TsRemux v0.21.2:
-tsMuxeR > Blu-Ray > TsRemux > Blu-Ray > DVD > OK
-tsMuxeR > Blu-Ray > TsRemux > Blu-Ray > AVCHD > OK

Note:
-----
The source (*.m2ts) generated from tsMuxeR (Blu-Ray output) is remuxed again by TsRemux
(also Blu-Ray output) due to the .mpls file from TSmuxeR causing Dolby True HD not to play.
tsMuxeR is only used in this case for the splitting function. For both DTS HD-MA & LPCM,
tsMuxeR can be used since it can split big files into 4Gig chunks for PS3 as well. For
BD-R's it does not matter since it does not need to be split if the file is less than
25Gig.

DTS HD-MA:
----------
-tsMuxeR > Blu-Ray > DVD > OK
-tsMuxeR > Blu-Ray > AVCHD > OK

2. TsRemux v0.21.2:
-TsRemux > Blu-Ray > DVD > NOK
-TsRemux > Blu-Ray > AVCHD > NOK

LPCM:
-----
-tsMuxeR > Blu-Ray > DVD > OK
-tsMuxeR > Blu-Ray > AVCHD > OK

2. TsRemux v0.21.2:
-TsRemux > Blu-Ray > DVD > not tested yet
-TsRemux > Blu-Ray > AVCHD > not tested yet

Notes:
------
For TsRemux:
Default settings are used - "Bypass Audio Alignment"&"Use async I/O"&"Blu-Ray" are selected.

For tsMuxeR:
"Change fps" is selected but nothing is changed. This will insure that forward and rewind works. "Language:und (Undetermined)" is set to the correct settings for subtitles and audio. Not changed if correct.

I also have 2 Questions:

1. Did someone find a way to Author more than one playlists in AVCHD format for Dolby TrueHD playable on PS3, either by bdedit or whatever. Please share this. I will appreciate it. I do not want to create AVCHD structure for each file.

2. The pause of 2-3 seconds during playback when next file is accessed is not so bad, but since this is actually a backup of my originals will this be OK when merged again and burned on BD-R when I have one?

Thx
Duppie

Last edited by Duppie; 11th September 2008 at 09:56.
Duppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2008, 06:13   #1232  |  Link
dieselgg

TSRemux indicates delay of -1.2 sec in the track ... what to do?

Sorry, this is a beginner question. I loaded a .ts file, which was converted from multiple .trp files. When I load it into TSRemux, it indicates that there is a delay in the track of about 1.2 sec. How do I go about correcting this.

Do I have to demux the audio stream using TSRemux and then join it back together with the video stream using TSRemux again?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
dieselgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2008, 11:55   #1233  |  Link
Schmendrick

@dieselgg: If you untick the option "Bypass Audio Alignment" both streams will be time aligned, so there is no need to first demux and then mux the streams, the latter cannot be done by TSRemux so you would have to use e.g. TsMuxer. For replay of the ts-clips you don't need to do a time algnment as the player software like PowerDVD or WinDVD takes care of the proper synchronisation.
Old 7th September 2008, 15:21   #1234  |  Link
dieselgg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmendrick View Post
@dieselgg: If you untick the option "Bypass Audio Alignment" both streams will be time aligned, so there is no need to first demux and then mux the streams, the latter cannot be done by TSRemux so you would have to use e.g. TsMuxer. For replay of the ts-clips you don't need to do a time algnment as the player software like PowerDVD or WinDVD takes care of the proper synchronisation.
I went looking for the "Bypass Audio Alignment" when I realized that I was using TsMuxer instead of TsRemux. I did not realize as the names are so close and I had read long ago that TsMuxer replaced TsRemux.

I am now using TsRemux but another issue has come up. Basically, I have spent 4 hrs trying attempting to convert a .trp to a .ts file and then to a .m2ts with no luck. I recorded an Mpeg4 .trp file. I then used H.264 Cutter to convert to a .ts file. Then I used TsMuxer to convert it to an .m2ts file. Any video player that tries to play it, it just crashes. I tried again using TsRemux and same thing. Also, the .ts file will not play. What happens is the first frame goes on the screen and then it goes black. The only thing that will play the video is H.264 Cutter in the 'play video" window of the app.

Any ideas as to why I am having so many problems??I do have Haali Media Splitter installed as required by H.264 Cutter app.

Last edited by dieselgg; 7th September 2008 at 15:29.
Old 7th September 2008, 17:26   #1235  |  Link
dieselgg

No help needed now. It seemed that the video players I was using did not like the m2ts file being played. However, mplayerc played it ok which told me that the m2ts file is good to go. I burned it to DVD9 and it played perfectly on the PS3.

I guess some players are just more picky than others when it comes to certain files.
Old 10th September 2008, 22:31   #1236  |  Link
hdjerin

Please help !
How can I inmux SUPreader presentation graphics subtile streams ?
I cant add a new sup files to m2ts (one subtitle track in it) ripped from original BD.
There was always .net Framework error - unhandled exception ... on adding a new supread stream.
ps. I have .net Framework 2.0 installed. winxp sp2 system.

Thanks for any comment !

.net Framework error
details :
----------------------------------------
System.Windows.Forms
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Last edited by hdjerin; 11th September 2008 at 02:01.
hdjerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2008, 03:52   #1237  |  Link
hdjerin

inmux sup stream how to ?

Thanks for your great work !
This is the unsuccessful sup file.
It is a chinese subtitle in sup format.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Phantom.rar (6.0 KB, 38 views)
hdjerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2008, 07:22   #1238  |  Link
Jeff Flowerday

Any reason why tsmuxer doesn't understand the TrueHD stream in the 300 evo? I even extracted it with eac3to and still tsmuxer doesn't like it, unknown stream.
Jeff Flowerday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2008, 07:44   #1239  |  Link
Beastie Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Flowerday View Post
Any reason why tsmuxer doesn't understand the TrueHD stream...
This is the tsRemux thread. Which application are you referring to? If it is tsMuxeR, some of the recent posts in that thread may help you.

Cheers, Beastie.
Beastie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2008, 16:42   #1240  |  Link
Beastie Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdpete View Post
Is it possible to add 2 seperate files to tsremux and then mux together to form a blu-ray?

I know you can do that with tsmuxer, but I need to use tsremux for TrueHD compatibility.

I'll use RipBot264 to reduce the video only size and add it tsremux, but then want to use eac3to to extract the TrueHD audio from the original blu-ray as a .thd file and add that to tsremux to form a blu-ray keeping THD that'll fit a BD25 disc.

Thanks for your help
Use tsMuxeR to create your Bluray files. Import these into TsRemux and output a Bluray stream that works from there.
Beastie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote