Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex

Old 6th July 2006, 21:28   #1  |  Link
Jacquers
bonkers

CMD Line Cutting

Hi,

Could it be possible to add cmd line options to DGIndex so it could also be used as a mpeg1/2 cutter in cmd line mode? The functionality is there in the GUI, but it would be really useful to me & hopefully others as well if I could for example use it to "extract" the 1st x frames from a vob file. Or maybe give it start & end frame in cmd line?

If not, can anyone plz recommend a cmd line app that could do this ? Something similar to vobsplitter, but with cmd line options? I must admit that I would rather use DGIndex for this because it supports more formats and is a better tool anyway.
Jacquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2006, 21:45   #2  |  Link

You can't specify x frames because DGIndex does not have a frame accurate index. DGIndex knows only how many bytes of stream there are loaded on the timeline. So when you position the slider to halway, it just jumps to the middle of the stream and starts decoding.

If you wanted to specify the start and end as percentages of the total stream size, it could be done.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2006, 08:38   #3  |  Link
Jacquers
bonkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2
If you wanted to specify the start and end as percentages of the total stream size, it could be done.
That would work for me Maybe even possible to specify the size in MB ? e.g. Demux 1st 50 MB?

Thanx!

Last edited by Jacquers; 7th July 2006 at 09:59.
Jacquers is offline   Reply With Quote