Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 29th June 2008, 09:52   #301  |  Link
mommyman

Does someone experience the same problem with these discs? Might be very interesting case...
mommyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2008, 10:16   #302  |  Link
Hancoque

I didn't have any problems ripping The Complex.
Hancoque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2008, 18:36   #303  |  Link
gfxnow

I was able to rip The Complex with the very first alpha
gfxnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2008, 07:41   #304  |  Link
mommyman

And what about Foo Fighters - One by One? It's still under question...
Old 1st July 2008, 13:52   #305  |  Link
jolson

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfxnow View Post
On a side note i wonder if it is possible to hack/take-out the older SACD-supporting PS3 drive and get it to work with a PC, like what people did with the xbox hddvd drive.
Possibly better to install Linux on the PS3...?
jolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2008, 16:02   #306  |  Link
Chrisssssssss

One big thanks to all that have worked on this tool. Simply awesome. Kudos to all of you that are much smarter and have more patience than I to code programs.

However, on my Mac, I am having a problem using beta2. It recognizes the .exe file as a text file. I cannot get it to run as an executable in the mac os. I used it in my windows bootcamp partition with no problems and it worked great. All of my DVD-A's are now as wav files on my HD so that I can use my computer as the media source.

If you could repost the beta 2 or maybe try and recompile it, I will test it for functionality on my mac. Like I said, beta 1 works as an executable, beta 2, not so much... Or is it possibly I am doing something incorrectly?

Thanks again and I look forward to trying the ripping process on the mac side (although all of my Current DVD-A's are already done) I would like to still be able to do so on the mac side.

Cheers
Chris
Chrisssssssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2008, 21:57   #307  |  Link
Wraul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisssssssss View Post
One big thanks to all that have worked on this tool. Simply awesome. Kudos to all of you that are much smarter and have more patience than I to code programs.

However, on my Mac, I am having a problem using beta2. It recognizes the .exe file as a text file. I cannot get it to run as an executable in the mac os. I used it in my windows bootcamp partition with no problems and it worked great. All of my DVD-A's are now as wav files on my HD so that I can use my computer as the media source.

If you could repost the beta 2 or maybe try and recompile it, I will test it for functionality on my mac. Like I said, beta 1 works as an executable, beta 2, not so much... Or is it possibly I am doing something incorrectly?

Thanks again and I look forward to trying the ripping process on the mac side (although all of my Current DVD-A's are already done) I would like to still be able to do so on the mac side.

Cheers
Chris
You are not doing anything wrong. The reason the .exe file won't run in OS X is the fact that it's a windows program which OS X don't know how to execute. The same principle that other windows programs wont run in OS X.

You could run beta 1 in OS X because:
1. mommyman provided the source code for the application.
2. mommyman used the Qt framework when developing the program, this makes the program sort of platform independent.
3. I used the source provided by mommyman and compiled it into a OS X application.

Now to the good news. mommyman released the source code for beta 2 too. This made it possible to compile a version for OS X which you can download here OS X Binary (Universal) of Beta 2

Now you can continue to happily rip your DVD-A in OS X.
Wraul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2008, 14:37   #308  |  Link
Chrisssssssss

Ok, so now the program ran, but...

Hey there,

OK, so I got the program to run on the Mac side, however I am getting an "Encrypted Stream" error message when I try and extract the same disc that worked just fine on the PC side. Just thought that I would give a heads up on that issue. Any thoughts?

Thanks again for all the hard work
Chris
Old 2nd July 2008, 14:41   #309  |  Link
mommyman

Decryption library (libdvdcpxm) is not ported to Linux & MacOS. You can't rip protected discs on Mac.
Old 2nd July 2008, 20:34   #310  |  Link
Chrisssssssss

oh,

I guess that explains it then...
Old 16th July 2008, 08:47   #311  |  Link
jolson

Oh, *when* do I get the time to try these things out more thoroughly...
jolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2008, 23:07   #312  |  Link
Jens S

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasth View Post
Has anyone cracked a SACD yet?
No, though PS3 probably provides the best platform so far for this.

Quote:
I've heard sony was going to release vaio computers capable of decoding DSD and playing SACDs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolson View Post
Didn't the earlier PS3's have such a drive?
The 20GB, 60GB and initial 80GB model have a CD/SACD/DVD/BD drive. The 40GB and new 80GB model announced this week just have a CD/DVD/BD drive. Probably all can play DSD Discs though.

There's a guide about how to make DSD Disc at http://www.ps3sacd.com/dsddiscguide.html

Quote:
@mommyman
sorry my post was a bit confusing, i said i've heard sony is going to release a SACD capable VAIO computer.
The VGN-FZ15G link was only about the DSD direct player, which shows that there is software support for DSD on their laptops, so perhaps a model might come out with a DVD/SACD/etc combo drive (like the one in the earlier Playstation 3s).
It must be technically possible but I doubt Sony will do that. SACD was specifically designed such that it can't be read by PC DVD-ROM drives.

Quote:
On a side note i wonder if it is possible to hack/take-out the older SACD-supporting PS3 drive and get it to work with a PC, like what people did with the xbox hddvd drive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolson View Post
Possibly better to install Linux on the PS3...?
There's a discussion about the idea of playing SACDs under Linux on PS3 here.

Carrying a little further and probably more interesting (because the PS3's UI doesn’t support it) is the idea of playing DVD-Audio discs on PS3 under Linux. It's discussed in here.

The idea is that DVD-Audio is basically just a DVD-ROM (which PS3 can read) with some specific audio files (such as multichannel, high-resolution PCM, which the PS3 can decode) so if someone were to port a DVD-Audio player like DVDAE to Linux for PS3 it might make a yet greater multi-format player.

Sounds like an interesting idea?
Jens S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2008, 14:00   #313  |  Link
ron spencer
DVD Magistrate

thanks again for this proggy....such a big help.

I am curious though....are there any other development ideas?

thanks again!!!
ron spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2008, 10:48   #314  |  Link
mommyman

Beta 3: http://www.sendspace.com/file/4muyhm
Changes:
1. Build with the "official" mlpdec.c module (revision 14206).
2. User manual added.
Old 23rd July 2008, 13:22   #315  |  Link
Balwyn

Yahoo

Nice job Mommyman ! really really nice job, thanks a bunch
Balwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2008, 13:53   #316  |  Link
ron spencer
DVD Magistrate

love it!!!
ron spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2008, 11:40   #317  |  Link
rrkradio

WRAUL ..... Please update to BETA 3 the OSX version
rrkradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2008, 15:53   #318  |  Link
musicmanseattle

Hello!

First off, thanks so much to Mommyman and anyone else who's worked on this project - it great to be able to back up my DVD-A discs.

Had a question, though - I've got one DVD-A - Naxos 5.110102-03 - Bach's Mass in B minor conducted by Helmut Muller-Bruhl, that when I attempt to convert on particular track (Disc 2, Track 4) of the MLP disc data data to WAV, it crashes DVDAExplorer - access violation. Also, if I just grab the MLP directly off the disc (which works) and attempt to play it through the TrueHD/MLP decoder plugin for WinAmp, it doesn't play there either. However, the disc plays just fine through my 2 DVD-A disc players.

If I turn on logging in DVDAExplorer when attempting to convert to WAV, I see this:
[32] ### MLP Stream (channels: 6, sample_rate: 96000, bits_per_sample: 24) ###
[24] Stream parameters not seen; skipping frame.
There are lots of lines like the second one, then the app crashes with an access violation.

Can I provide more information about this error somehow for debugging purposes?

Thanks!
musicmanseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2008, 16:44   #319  |  Link
Wraul

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrkradio View Post
WRAUL ..... Please update to BETA 3 the OSX version
Here you go.

OS X Binary (Universal) of Beta 3

I haven't had time to test rip a DVD-A with it yet, hope it works without problems anyway.
Wraul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2008, 17:02   #320  |  Link
rrkradio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraul View Post
Here you go.

OS X Binary (Universal) of Beta 3

I haven't had time to test rip a DVD-A with it yet, hope it works without problems anyway.
Hello Wraul, i tried "on the fly" with 2 DVD-A (one with PCM stereo 2ch and another with downmixing enabled) .... PERFECT under OSX 10.5.4

Tnx again
rrkradio is offline   Reply With Quote