Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-2 Encoding
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 16th July 2003, 07:13   #161  |  Link
quinn

I am using ECL 2.67.0.11 on 2.67.0.9 CCE. Whenver I save the ECL - it saves it on top of my AVS file instead of onto an ecl file with the same root name - this is really annoying - It works fine if I remember to type a file name, but by default it overwrites the avs file.
quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2003, 17:59   #162  |  Link
digitalman

Quote:
Originally posted by RB
I have seen this myself, but it is definitely not an EclCCE bug. Happens also when you don't run CCE via EclCCE. But IIRC I have seen it also when not fiddling with the bitrates in the advanced screen, it seems to be related to the final stream size, maybe a "2 GB barrier" problem.
I saw this problem in 2.67.09 and it is still there in 2.67.11. No one must have reported this to them.
digitalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2003, 08:36   #163  |  Link
RB
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by quinn
I am using ECL 2.67.0.11 on 2.67.0.9 CCE. Whenver I save the ECL - it saves it on top of my AVS file instead of onto an ecl file with the same root name - this is really annoying - It works fine if I remember to type a file name, but by default it overwrites the avs file.
I don't see how that could happen. Please describe the exact steps to reproduce this.
RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2003, 09:26   #164  |  Link
RB
Retired

CC-SP 2.67.00.13

CCE-SP 2.67.00.13 Trial was released and here is a new EclCCE version that supports it.

History:
Code:
25/07/2003 v1.6

- Added support for CCE-SP 2.67.00.12 and CCE-SP 2.67.00.13
Old 4th August 2003, 10:57   #165  |  Link
SeRiaL

This don't work!!!!!!!!!!!

I downloaded trial 266.01.07 CCE, installed the EclCEE 1.6 patch, and when DVD2SVD trys to save an ECL file this message poops up (trial version limitation),then everything stops. What am I doing wrong here?
SeRiaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2003, 15:19   #166  |  Link
r6d2
Graphite mod

Re: This don't work!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by SeRiaL
I downloaded trial 266.01.07 CCE, installed the EclCEE 1.6 patch, and when DVD2SVD trys to save an ECL file this message poops up (trial version limitation),then everything stops. What am I doing wrong here?
Did you make sure you selected ECL's exe in DVD2SVCD as CCE?
Do you know how much overscan and which resolution your TV has? Find out if NTSC.
Moderator: 1: one who arbitrates 2: one who presides over an assembly, meeting, or discussion
3: a substance (as graphite) used for slowing down neutrons in a nuclear reactor (Webster)
r6d2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2003, 19:06   #167  |  Link
SeRiaL

I found the problem. It turns out that Cinema craft and or AVI2SVCD did not like the avi file I loaded in. After trying other avi files ect... it worked fine.
SeRiaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2003, 00:40   #168  |  Link
raj53

Hey, does anyone know where to get the latest version of cce? The official webpage only has updates...

Thanks.
raj53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2003, 01:51   #169  |  Link
r6d2
Graphite mod

Quote:
Originally posted by raj53
Hey, does anyone know where to get the latest version of cce? The official webpage only has updates...

Thanks.
Hi raj53 and welcome to the forum.

There is a software download section in www.doom9.org you may check. It lists CCE 2.50 and CCE 2.66 (left panel, "Download").
Do you know how much overscan and which resolution your TV has? Find out if NTSC.
Moderator: 1: one who arbitrates 2: one who presides over an assembly, meeting, or discussion
3: a substance (as graphite) used for slowing down neutrons in a nuclear reactor (Webster)
r6d2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2003, 08:21   #170  |  Link
RB
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by raj53
Hey, does anyone know where to get the latest version of cce?
The latest trial version can always be found at http://www.cinemacraft.com/jpn/download.html
Old 16th August 2003, 21:35   #171  |  Link
Bonex

I have found a problem in EclCCE 1.6: when the encoding is finished, the PC, instead of shutting down correctly, simply restarts, like if I chose to close the current session of Windows and restart with a new user, and stays there waiting for me to put a password in or to click Cancel.
I'm using Windows ME, CCE SP Trial 2.66.01.07 and I don't use login and password for different users (I'm the only user of this PC).

Maybe the shutdown function called by EclCCE works in a different way on WinMe than WinXP?

Anyway thank you!! Your program rocks!!
Bonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2003, 18:52   #172  |  Link
RB
Retired

I'm sorry, I can't reproduce this here in Windows ME, nor can I see how this can possibly happen. The code definitely calls for "poweroff" rather than "log off". Can you power off your system successfully via the start menu?
Old 18th August 2003, 23:23   #173  |  Link
Bonex

Quote:
Originally posted by RB
I'm sorry, I can't reproduce this here in Windows ME, nor can I see how this can possibly happen. The code definitely calls for "poweroff" rather than "log off". Can you power off your system successfully via the start menu?
Yes, usually I turn it off via the start menu, some other times with the power button, but always works...
Very strange...
Anyway I selected the option from the window where it shows the encoding statistics, and there was no other program open. It was a 4pass encoding and the priority was set to normal.

The problem happened all the two times I tried to use the option.
When the count down window closes the desktop is cleared and the log on window appears, it doesn't restart everything like when you chose the restart option from the start menu.
Hope this helps.
Anyway I'll try to make some other experiment and see. I'll try to write a little program in C++Builder and see what it does

*** EDIT ***
OK, I did the tests...

I did a little encoding in CCE and after it the login window popped up again.
So I investigated with a little program made in Borland C++Builder 1.0. I checked the Win32 Reference help guide provided with it. What it does is just enable a timer that decreases an integer, when it is 0, it calls a Windows API function.

Test 1:
With ExitWindows(0,0) the desktop is cleared and the login windows appears.
(it was the guide to say that the two parameters must be 0, see below)
The program isn't even closed, and the timer goes under zero ;-)

Test 2:
with ExitWindowsEx(EWX_SHUTDOWN,NULL) the PC was correctly shut down and turned off.

Test 3:
with ExitWindowsEx(EWX_POWEROFF, NULL) I get again the login window exactly like Test 1.

Test 4:
with ExitWindowsEx(EWX_REBOOT,NULL) the system was restarted correctly.

Test 5:
with ExitWindowsEx(EWX_LOGOFF,NULL) again the damn login window, as expected.

It seems like that Win32 Reference I have is outdated with WinME (ehm... it speaks only of Win95 ) as the first parameter does not always work as its name suggests. I checked the winuser.h sources and I found these declarations:

#define EWX_LOGOFF 0
#define EWX_SHUTDOWN 1
#define EWX_REBOOT 2
#define EWX_FORCE 4
#define EWX_POWEROFF 8

#define ExitWindows(dwReserved, Code) ExitWindowsEx(EWX_LOGOFF, 0xFFFFFFFF)

WINUSERAPI
BOOL
WINAPI
ExitWindowsEx(
UINT uFlags,
DWORD dwReserved);

etc...

So, what ExitWindows(0,0) does is just the same as EWX_LOGOFF.

Last edited by Bonex; 19th August 2003 at 01:26.
Old 20th August 2003, 12:47   #174  |  Link
RB
Retired

Right, EclCCE uses ExitWindowsEx(EWX_POWEROFF, 0) to shut down and power off the system. It looks like your system does not support the (software) power off feature. Is that an older system without an ATX power supply? When you shut down your system manually, it doesn't actually power off but shows the "It is now safe to turn off the computer" screen, right?
Old 20th August 2003, 23:14   #175  |  Link
Bonex

Quote:
When you shut down your system manually, it doesn't actually power off but shows the "It is now safe to turn off the computer" screen, right?
No... it is really turned off by Windows, I don't have to switch the power off manually. Now I'm starting to suspect that maybe something is a bit screwed on my Windows install?
Old 22nd August 2003, 08:17   #176  |  Link
RB
Retired

Weird. Anyway, I don't think there is something wrong with your system. Unfortunately, it's not possible for me to know in advance whether EWX_POWEROFF will work or not, so in the next version I'll support a "ShutdownMode" setting in EclCCE.ini that you can set to 0 or 1 and it will use EWX_POWEROFF or EWX_SHUTDOWN, respectively.
Old 22nd August 2003, 20:33   #177  |  Link
Bonex

Quote:
Originally posted by RB
in the next version I'll support a "ShutdownMode" setting in EclCCE.ini that you can set to 0 or 1 and it will use EWX_POWEROFF or EWX_SHUTDOWN, respectively.
Thanks a lot for your help!
Old 24th August 2003, 20:24   #178  |  Link
Gumbie

strangest thing, XP,CCE 2.66.1.7 &ecl 1.6

I used to run W2K and CCE 250 worked like a charm, upgraded to XP about 10 months ago and that was the last of DVD2SVCD with CCE for me. (any ver) I used TMPGEnc for about 6 encodes then got pissed off with time and quality so I spent the next 7 months configuring dvd2svcd & CCE with no luck at all, finally last night I installed CCE2.50 to a new folder in the same dir as CCE 2.66.1.7.well fuck me, tests 1 thru 4 were flawless!So I got brave and tried 2.66.1.7 with the new ecl 1.6 and ripped a small chapter from Spiderman.It worked perfect. un-installed 2.50 and tried the same test and same old grief, about 10,000 loop errors pop up till I crash,lol.Re-installed 2.50 and 2.66.1.7 is working just fine after I ran force aspi again,odd that it said drivers were gone and aspi chk said they were ok but dvd2svcd said not found.Drivers were run, rebooted & CCE is auto everything,lmfao! CCE is 18 hrs for 4 pass VBR compared to 46 hrs with only 2 pass VBR in TMPGEnc, I'm a happy camper even if I have to run force aspi before starting a new project everytime. Any idea's why this is? Or how to get dvd2svcd to see that winaspi32 4.60 is really there and working?
Gumbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2003, 15:57   #179  |  Link
RB
Retired

When you want to use a different version of CCE with EclCCE, make sure to delete EclCCE.ini and run EclCCE manually once to have it pick up the new CCE executable.
Old 30th August 2003, 09:29   #180  |  Link
ExSport

DVD2AVI and CCE

Hello
Could I have a question, please?
When I am using DVD2AVI 1.2.1 build 1 and CCE version 2.67.0.11 trial with eclCCE, need I switch DVD2SVCD to safe mode(2.66 and up can handle avs files as 2.62-2.64 cannot)?
Thanks for answer.
P.S.
I used SEARCH button but nothing found
ExSport is offline   Reply With Quote