Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 23rd October 2003, 14:26   #1  |  Link
Mr Walker

Adding a subtitle, running time change.

Ok here is the deal. I got an NTSC disc and want to add a nordic subtitle.

* First i ripped the whole disc in filemode using dvd-decryptor.

* Then i used VOB-Edit to demultiplex an .m2v and an .AC3 file.

* Then i got an SRT-subtitle that i DL, it was synked to 23.976. Converted this to sup using srt2sup.

* So after this i multiplexed it all back togheter with IFO-Edits author mode.

Everything seemed to work until i was going to put it all back in the "original" - structure. Now i noticed that there where less cells in the vob ant therefore also less chapters. And by looking further more the running-time had changde from about 2h 18min to 1h 54min (or neaby those numbers, but the whole movie is there???) i tried to multiplex everythin again and copied the cell times again but same thin. Seems to me that this is a framerate related problem. but i'm not sure. By looking at the .m2v file in DVD2Avi it states 23,976fps.

Please help me out, isnt most NTSC -material encoded at 23,976 and then played at 29,97 by pulldown or somethin like that. As I'm a PAL person im not to familiar with all this.
Old 19th November 2003, 16:42   #2  |  Link
ffroms

You are not the only one. I have same problem. When I extract everything from VOB and then remux it to new VOB-s (IFOEdit + Author new DVD) lenght of movie is changed. Then I copy original .IFO and .BUP over new one and then everything is OK (I've update VOBs with new chapters), but moving through chapters don't work as it should (clicking on next for next chapter keep on returning me to same chapter) even everything works in IFOEdit.

FFS