Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Closed Thread

Old 9th March 2007, 18:33   #981  |  Link
jermiahu

I Am Sure That Someone Is Going To Yell At Me But...

I have been following this forum on an off since the beginning. It is so long now though and I have a very basic question that may or may not have been answered somewhere along the line, but I cannot find that answer with my current search thread ability. Here it is:

Now that a significant number of people are changing over to Vista or are buying machines that come preloaded with Vista, is FairUse4WM going to be updated to work with that OS and of course current versions os WMP11?

I have my made for Vista machine partitioned with a copy of WinXP JUST FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE of being able to run FairUse4WM. As you can imagine this is less than ideal, especially for a laptop user.

Again if this specific issue has been previously addressed, answered, etc. I am sorry, but I am very interested in the possibility of the creators of this most EXCELLENT piece of groundbreaking software for downloadable music subscribers to USE their music when where and how they want to motivate themselves to sove the VISTA issue, because then this would truely be one of the most important pieces of code written in the 21st Century!!!!

Thanx for your patience.

Jeremy K.
Old 10th March 2007, 03:06   #982  |  Link
Danj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermiahu View Post
motivate themselves to solve the VISTA issue
Right, because there's really going to be a new version of FairUse4WM while there's an ongoing lawsuit searching for viodentia. Mm-hm. The discovery period Microsoft were granted was like 120 days, and that was starting in what, October, November last year? So you've got at least that long to wait, and then there'll probably be some further delays after that while Microsoft attempt to stop their case from fizzling out completely, so I wouldn't expect a new version of FairUse4WM until at least 2008 - if ever.
Old 10th March 2007, 04:12   #983  |  Link
johnnyquid

will fairuse4wm work after fresh install of windows xp sp2 and mp10

My motherboard is starting to flake out. If I load a new machine with windows xp sp2 and install windows media player 10 will fairuse4wm still work? I assume that I will need to reindividualize. I read that reindividualization will install the lastest IBX which will make fairuse4wm not work. I read ratmaster9 instructions say to reindividualize using the link http://services.wmdrm.windowsmedia.com/indivSite. Will this install a IBX which will not work with fairuse4wm at this time?
Old 10th March 2007, 07:56   #984  |  Link
rdn98

I run vista, but I haven't tried fu4wm in there yet, although I do have a winxp partition anyway.

What happens when you try to run in vista? Does it give you an error message? What if you try running in xp compatibility mode?

I suggest if you don't want to have an xp parition, setup a virtual OS on your system under vista. MS PC 2007 is free and you can do it.
Old 11th March 2007, 04:01   #985  |  Link
mayan6174

Here

Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 1.0

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...339e26d3ec0f0f
Old 11th March 2007, 20:35   #986  |  Link
The_Harbinger

Files corrupted after DRM removal?

I have a number of WMA files purchased with DRM from a download service. I'm running RockBox on my iPod mini. I can load and play music I ripped myself just fine. With the un-DRMmed files, I may see the appropriate title information on-screen (or not), but the files will not play. They play fine in Media Player 10 and jetAudio.

Are the files corrupt in some way, and is there a way to repair them if so? Or, does the blame rest with RockBox?
Old 12th March 2007, 02:55   #987  |  Link
mysekurity

@Harbinger:

Does Rockbox natively support wma's? I thought they either didn't, or did but spottily (as with other Free software, it's hard for them to work with wma). Have you tried to encode it to a different format, possibly mp3, aac, or ogg?
Old 12th March 2007, 06:54   #988  |  Link
sonicbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermiahu View Post
...but I am very interested in the possibility of the creators of this most EXCELLENT piece of groundbreaking software for downloadable music subscribers to USE their music when where and how they want to
Jermiahu, I know you are new, but please pay attention to the forum rules and what "fair use" really is. fairuse4wm is not a a tool intended for everyone to violate 'rental' subscription license & terms of service. You do not have the rights to keep subscription content and "use the music where and how you want to." fairuse4wm should only be used on content you have 'purchased'.

The_Harbinger, Rockbox doesn't support WMA "out of the box." However, someone did wedge in support using code from ffmpeg: http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/4984 Not sure what the current state of it is, though...
Old 12th March 2007, 13:12   #989  |  Link
DepecheNYC

Automate UnDRM 1.0 vs. FairUse4WM

I decrypted a single file using both programs. The output file of both programs have different filesize. Why is that? What's the difference? Is there any difference in quality between the two?
Old 12th March 2007, 15:14   #990  |  Link
bearshat

which Media Player?

Does anyone know the last version of Windows Media Player 11 that wm4fu1.3fixed will work on?
Old 13th March 2007, 02:06   #991  |  Link
omjeremy

11 beta 2
Old 13th March 2007, 02:16   #992  |  Link
mysekurity

@bearshat: it runs on wmp11 final (hence the need for the "fix" version) up to IBX 11.0.6 (if you have 11.0.6 or greater, you can't run it). omjeremy is saying that the only way to have FU4WM work with wmp11 now is to use beta 2. Only wmp11 final users who have been "grandfathered in" (installed before the update to 11.0.6, and haven't updated since) can still use the tool.

I don't have much experience with Automate UnDRM, but I know that FU4WM's converted filesizes are *exactly* the same (at least on the kilobyte level). I don't know why they wouldn't be smaller, however. Maybe it's to fool the flag?

Last edited by blutach; 13th March 2007 at 03:22. Reason: Merged posts
Old 15th March 2007, 22:09   #993  |  Link
joshie10024

I had a v. 1.1 of fairuse4WM and I loved it so when I saw the v.1.3 was available I thought i would upgrade. Unfortunately I can't seem to get it to work properly. I continue to get the error message "IBX Version 11.0.6000.6324 isn't supported yet." when I try to retrieve new keys for my music. The message on the next scree says, "Attempting to recover DRMv1 keys. FairUse4WM will use a WM-installed DLL to determine system specific information. 'DrmCline.DLL' has version 10.0.0.3646" Pleas if anyone can help i would appreciate it greatly as I have tons of music waiting to go on my iPod.
Old 16th March 2007, 04:51   #994  |  Link
milomannn

Safe site from which to download FairUse4WM1.3fix?

Looking for site in order to download FairUse4WM1.3fix. Had my computer seriously crash last month and now I am pretty wary of downloading programs from unfamiliar sources or that use .rar file compression. Can anyone recommend a source for the program they have tried and found to be virus free?
Thanks.
Old 16th March 2007, 08:47   #995  |  Link
Danj

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshie10024 View Post
I continue to get the error message "IBX Version 11.0.6000.6324 isn't supported yet."
Sorry but this means your iPod won't be seeing any songs any time soon because your Individualized Black Box DLL (IndivBox.key, the file that does all the DRM "donkey work") has been automatically updated by your music service to a version that's newer than FairUse4WM 1.3 can handle.

Just to sum up:
"IBX Version 11.0.6000.6324 isn't supported yet."
means
"IT WILL NOT WORK".

Some people have been able to "roll back" their Windows Media Player installations, with varied results, but any rollback procedure will destroy any existing licenses for downloaded music that you may have, so your music provider would have to allow redownloads.
Old 17th March 2007, 18:43   #996  |  Link
milOtis
Banned

The URGE music service does not autoupdate, nor does it force IBX updates...you can still download files today and play them, strip them with FairUse4WM provided you followed the fix I posted 3 months ago...guess what....? IT STILL WORKS

But you have to use URGE + FairUse 4WM...even 1.2 works if you have 11 beta 2. I can't speak for other download services like Rhapsody, Yahoo, Sonic, or Napster...I just know this works, so why not use it? URGE has pretty much everything.

::: milOtis
Old 18th March 2007, 23:58   #997  |  Link
rdn98

Yup, Urge is nice, but paying each month becomes a hassle.

I've just started using Ruckus networks, its free legit music for college kids and the like. It has helped me explore new genres of music and entice me into buying things I would probably never heard before.
Old 19th March 2007, 14:34   #998  |  Link
zunefun

can sum one just give the link to download this again with the fix included in it as well?
Old 19th March 2007, 19:29   #999  |  Link
rdn98

Ask and you shall receive:

http://download.yousendit.com/7AE6291D5F9FF7D6
Old 20th March 2007, 17:01   #1000  |  Link
zunefun

thanks now that will work all i do is download it and set the program up and thats it? ill try it after i get off work and if that works ..i owe you a million...thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ill let you guys know when i get it up and running !!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread