Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Closed Thread

Old 30th April 2007, 19:35   #1101  |  Link
CademiaX

Quote:
Originally Posted by milOtis View Post
the people who use URGE will need WMP11 to even run URGE, so that wouldn't help those users, that's why i posted the fix...makes WMP11 work (which helps all users no matter what service you use, urge or not)
Well I dont use urge, I bet more ppl dont then do on here, and for those ppl I will show how this is done.

besides, VPC has to be the most time consuming way to go about it, why not just get a windows live cd.. thats how i was doing it, and I dont have to worry about moving files back and forth from VPC to my HDD.

I will be posting how to install WMP 10 on vista shorty!
Old 1st May 2007, 06:57   #1102  |  Link
milOtis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjackcracker View Post
Maybe I am missing the point of the virtual PC, or my install is messed up. when I start up the VPC I can not access my "real" hard drive, only the "virtual" one. is this normal, or is there something I am missing here?

virtual pc is like having a virtual computer...runs on a virtual harddrive on your main harddrive. if you want access to your main computer, set up a shared folder. that's what i did on my virtual XP machine...then i also made that shared folder the direct download location of my URGE files, so i could go in, unDRM then, then access them from my main harddrive running Vista. It's a snap!

if you are talking about just being able to get your mouse out of the virtual pc windows, back onto your main desktop, just hold down the right ALT key while dragging the mouse out.

::: milOtis

Last edited by milOtis; 1st May 2007 at 07:01.
Old 1st May 2007, 08:07   #1103  |  Link
CademiaX

Install Windows Media Player 10 on Vista!

Install Windows Media Player 10 on Vista 32/64-bit!

1. Boot Into SAFE MODE! - This won't work if you dont!

2. Disable Application Compatibility - This won't work if you dont!
Code:
A. Click Start, type "gpedit.msc" in the Start Search bar, press enter.

B. Expand "Administrative Templates", then expand "Windows Components",
find "Application Compatibility" (2nd one under Windows Components).

C. Double click "Remove Program Compatibility Property Page", Select enable,
then click "Next Setting" at the bottom.

D. Repeat Untill all settings are enabled.
3. Download Windows Media Player 10 With auto batch installer! - Created by me!
Code:
A. Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/28846725/321.rar.html

B. Extract the archive and right click on "Install.bat", click edit. Then click
Edit > Replace, Find what: Bobby | Replace with: *Your Vista User Name!*, 
click replace all, save and exit.

C. Then run the included batch file "Install.bat"! (This is all automated, 
if it askes you if you want to overwrite something, then the file is being used
by another process and cant be accessed, if it does happen, exit, make sure
you are in safe mode and that no other programs are running and run the
Install.bat again)

D. Follow the WMP10 installer instructions. (If it says wmp10 is already installed,
browse to \program files (x86)\Windows Media Player\ and run wmplayer.exe, and if
that tells you file xxxx is version 10.xx, expecting version 11.xx, arrange icons by name,
select all the .inf files, right click > install, one wont work, it will tell you and the
rest will continue, after that run \program files (x86)\Windows Media Player\setup_wm.exe)
4. Security component upgrade
Code:
A. Visit (IE ONLY): http://services.wmdrm.windowsmedia.com/indivSite/en/indivit.asp

Last edited by CademiaX; 1st May 2007 at 09:55.
Old 1st May 2007, 14:52   #1104  |  Link
milOtis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CademiaX View Post
Well I dont use urge, I bet more ppl dont then do on here,
wrong buddy. it's $10 a month for unlimited downloads...they don't charge by the track, there are millions of users.

FYI - A Windows Live CD??? come on, you have to reboot into Windows Live to use it, then reboot your computer to get back into your regular Windows...what a pain. Once your VPC is set up, you can save the state of the desktop, so restarting it takes about 5 seconds, and you don't have to ever leave your original desktop. You can move files back and forth freely, that is why I posted this fix, works for XP users, Vista users, and ANY music download service, not just the few that only need WMP10 instead of 11.

Last edited by milOtis; 1st May 2007 at 14:54.
Old 1st May 2007, 18:47   #1105  |  Link
Itsdon

Quote:
2007-04-29 Fix for WMP11/DRM running Windows VISTA (or XP):
INCLUDES: Windows Media Player 11.0.5705.5043 + FairUse4WM 1.3(fix) + instructions

mirror links:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PNEG9F20

http://rapidshare.com/files/28495302...M_FIX.zip.html

http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.ph...29_DRM_FIX.zip

http://files-upload.com/197061/2007-...M_FIX.zip.html

NOTE: This is intended for people running Windows Vista as their main OS. These instructions include how to set up Virtual PC within Vista, and get FairUseWM working again. All you need is a Windows XP disc.

(Tested under Home Basic/Premium, Business, and Ultimate). This ALSO works on XP...you can just run an older version of XP within Virtual PC on your updated XP host OS.

Here it is working, I installed Virtual PC yesterday, and Windows XP today, so this is 100% working and can be done by anyone using Vista. I am doing this on an intel MAC, so anyone should be able to do this.

Screenshot:

Microsoft says VPC 2007 won't work with Vista Premium (which I have) only Business or Ultimate. You say you've run this on Premium and Home, was there anything special you had to do to get it running or is MS lying about what versions it will install on?
Old 1st May 2007, 21:09   #1106  |  Link
CademiaX

Quote:
wrong buddy. it's $10 a month for unlimited downloads...they don't charge by the track, there are millions of users.

FYI - A Windows Live CD??? come on, you have to reboot into Windows Live to use it, then reboot your computer to get back into your regular Windows...what a pain. Once your VPC is set up, you can save the state of the desktop, so restarting it takes about 5 seconds, and you don't have to ever leave your original desktop. You can move files back and forth freely, that is why I posted this fix, works for XP users, Vista users, and ANY music download service, not just the few that only need WMP10 instead of 11.

Well, that saves me lots and TONS of resources.. and it took me about 20min to make a custom windows live cd, which btw i can boot in VPC or standalone .. so win win compared to having a whole other OS virtually installed..

beside, WMP10 is working on vista with no problems, which means those versions of wmp11 that work with fairuse4wm can be installed too.. already did that btw.. works wonders

and Its gunna be an auto batch install like wmp10, no mess, just working software for all the music pirates out and about.

AND.. thats 2 ways we have beat M$ at the DRM game, so be happy and let ppl choose what they perfer and stop getting alll defensive about...
Old 1st May 2007, 23:15   #1107  |  Link

Quote:
and Its gunna be an auto batch install like wmp10, no mess, just working software for all the music pirates out and about
Offering help to pirates violates our forum rules. Please don't discuss that here.

Last edited by Guest; 1st May 2007 at 23:17.
Old 2nd May 2007, 04:51   #1108  |  Link
milOtis
Banned

Quote:
Well, that saves me lots and TONS of resources.. and it took me about 20min to make a custom windows live cd, which btw i can boot in VPC or standalone .. so win win compared to having a whole other OS virtually installed..

beside, WMP10 is working on vista with no problems, which means those versions of wmp11 that work with fairuse4wm can be installed too.. already did that btw.. works wonders

and Its gunna be an auto batch install like wmp10, no mess, just working software for all the music pirates out and about.

AND.. thats 2 ways we have beat M$ at the DRM game, so be happy and let ppl choose what they perfer and stop getting alll defensive about...

so how would someone go about using your instructions, but for WMP11 if they need v11 installed instead of 10? I have the wmp11 installer...do I do all the same stuff, then just use my installer to upgrade to wmp11beta2 after?

Last edited by milOtis; 2nd May 2007 at 05:07.
Old 2nd May 2007, 06:13   #1109  |  Link
milOtis
Banned

CADEMIAX,

your fix doesn't work .....at least not in Vista Ultimate, i followed your instructions 100% accurately and in order.

you sure you have Ultimate? and final version? if you have one of the online copies, 99% of them are beta versions even though they say FINAL RTM!

look....here are the errors I got when i tried to do that INF thing you talked about (since it expected version 11.x), and NONE of them worked, not just one...and the errors when the install.bat could not overwrite files in use (because they are in use even in safe mode!)...

:: milOtis

Last edited by milOtis; 2nd May 2007 at 06:17.
Old 2nd May 2007, 22:26   #1110  |  Link
ratmaster9

I added a trouble shooting section for the Xarus Fair Use Instructions for those who are experiencing the basic issues with getting FairUse4WM working...

Main Page: http://www.xarus.net/index.php?act=f...4_wm&page=desc

TroubleShooting: http://www.xarus.net/index.php?act=f...e=troubleshoot

Just to give everyone a heads up NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO, FAIRUSE4WM WILL NOT WORK WITH ZUNE MARKETPLACE. Someone said it works quite a while ago, and later I found after days of trial and error, that even with WMP 9, the IBX Version is 11.0.6000.6324. This is because as soon as the Zune software is loaded, if it doesn't have IBX version 11.0.6000.6324, it will automatically update it.
Old 3rd May 2007, 02:18   #1111  |  Link
CademiaX

Quote:
CADEMIAX,

your fix doesn't work .....at least not in Vista Ultimate, i followed your instructions 100% accurately and in order.

you sure you have Ultimate? and final version? if you have one of the online copies, 99% of them are beta versions even though they say FINAL RTM!

look....here are the errors I got when i tried to do that INF thing you talked about (since it expected version 11.x), and NONE of them worked, not just one...and the errors when the install.bat could not overwrite files in use (because they are in use even in safe mode!)...

:: milOtis
are you able to delete them manually?

guess I should explain what the batch does, basicly the first part takes control of the files.. then deletes them and replaces them with the wmp10 files..

and did you also change the name in the batch file?
Old 3rd May 2007, 02:29   #1112  |  Link
milOtis
Banned

Yes, I DID change the name in the install.bat file from "Bobby" to my user name, and did Find/Replace All.

I could not delete the files in question though. For exacmple, when i tried to delete the wmp DLL files, in safe mode, it says "You need permission to perform this action" and keeps popping up when I click "Try Again"

I have also tried changing the folder permissions, but it won't let you do that for system folders. Only stuff outside the "Windows" folder can have permissions changed in Vista Ultimate.

Old 3rd May 2007, 03:11   #1113  |  Link
milOtis
Banned

CademiaX - ok, i got yours working, and if i could use URGE with WMP10 i would be fine, but I need 11...so I have my wmp11beta2 installation folder, and i click on "setup_wm.exe" and I get this error...

it says that 10.x is more recent than 11.x! is there any way I can force an install, or have it not check for the version currently installed? is there a registry key i need to modify?

or, can you make a package for version 11 like you did for version 10? i think your package and permission changing is a good idea, i just it with version 11.0.5703 files instead of 10.0.0.

all the files in my WMP directory are 11.0.5703.x but all the files in the system32 directory in windows are your 10.0.0.x files...that is why it won't let me continue my installation of v11...how can i change the version of those files or at least fool it into thinking they are 11.x files so I can install my wmp11beta2??

Old 4th May 2007, 01:27   #1114  |  Link
CademiaX

Quote:
CademiaX - ok, i got yours working, and if i could use URGE with WMP10 i would be fine, but I need 11...so I have my wmp11beta2 installation folder, and i click on "setup_wm.exe" and I get this error...

it says that 10.x is more recent than 11.x! is there any way I can force an install, or have it not check for the version currently installed? is there a registry key i need to modify?

or, can you make a package for version 11 like you did for version 10? i think your package and permission changing is a good idea, i just it with version 11.0.5703 files instead of 10.0.0.

all the files in my WMP directory are 11.0.5703.x but all the files in the system32 directory in windows are your 10.0.0.x files...that is why it won't let me continue my installation of v11...how can i change the version of those files or at least fool it into thinking they are 11.x files so I can install my wmp11beta2??

Im actaully working on this at the moment, wmp11 beta 2 is packaged different then wmp10, and it doesn support 64bit, well the installer doesnt. So its proving to be a little bit more tricky then wmp10..

glad you got that working, what was the problem?

try this, open up the install.bat file and scroll tho the bottom and remove the following lines::

xcopy sys\*.* C:\Windows\System32\
xcopy sys\*.* C:\Windows\SysWOW64\

xcopy prog\*.* "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\setup_wm.exe"

Now, it should just delete all the wmp stuff and not copy over anything..

then try to install wmp11 beta 2.. might work

Last edited by CademiaX; 4th May 2007 at 01:30.
Old 4th May 2007, 02:19   #1115  |  Link
mlarry01

Too bad for me!

Well, I am basically screwed then as I have WMP 11.6 and am really not inclined to attempt multiple gymnastics to get this working.

Thanks to all the nice folks who are trying to have us folk who actually paid for stuff to be able to retain it on disk. it is very appreciated. I will keep checking and hoping for some sort of Vista WMP fix in the near future.
Old 4th May 2007, 14:40   #1116  |  Link
milOtis
Banned

CademiaX:

I will await your WMP11 package. I appreciate the hard work on it.

Old 4th May 2007, 16:43   #1117  |  Link
mysekurity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmaster9 View Post
NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO, FAIRUSE4WM WILL NOT WORK WITH ZUNE MARKETPLACE.
Sorry to tell you, but I've been running ZMP with WMP11 11.0.57 for a while now, and it's worked wonderfully. I also got my Zune shortly after it was released, installing the 1.0 software off the CD (and downloaded .57 shortly after it was released). I don't know why it isn't working for you. Have you tried using beta2?
Old 5th May 2007, 05:33   #1118  |  Link
trudgy

xarus worked great for me! thanks alot
Old 5th May 2007, 15:44   #1119  |  Link
MeteorRain
結城有紀

excuse me

i've tried that fu4wm package on my WinXP. all the files in program files/windows media player are of 11.0.5721.* and i deleted the drm folder and upgraded on the indivSite.

but the downloaded drm files are of 11.0.6000.* and i've tried for several times.

any idea? thanks.
Old 5th May 2007, 18:13   #1120  |  Link
Itsdon

Has anyone gotten Virtual PC 2007 to run under Windows Vista Premium?
Closed Thread