Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 12th June 2003, 18:59   #21  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

Re: Re: Re: Tears of the Sun

Quote:
Originally posted by geffroman
2COOL... did you ever give that MOVIE TITLE thing a look see...?
Sorry for the late response but I've tried with no success. I read somewhere at IFOedit.com that Derrow would have dabbled into this area if he had more information on how it works.
Old 13th June 2003, 03:08   #22  |  Link
geffroman

Re: Re: Re: Re: Tears of the Sun

Quote:
Originally posted by 2COOL
Sorry for the late response but I've tried with no success. I read somewhere at IFOedit.com that Derrow would have dabbled into this area if he had more information on how it works.
What about Derrow... is he just checked out or what...? Has 321 Studios locked him down completely with confidentiality employment agreements...?

I read he only answers email when people donate now so I sent a nice not on PayPal with $10 thanking him for his great program and asked one question...

NO REPLY at all... was a little diappointed... Come to think of it no acknoledgement from DVDDECRYPTOR's $10 donation either...

If these guys don't a have a form letter they can send as a reply to a PAYMENT in their account that seems a LITTLE ungratful... makes me think twice about donating again real soon...
geffroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2003, 13:32   #23  |  Link
Defiler
Asker of Questions

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tears of the Sun

Quote:
NO REPLY at all... was a little diappointed... Come to think of it no acknoledgement from DVDDECRYPTOR's $10 donation either...
I eventually got a reply to my donation message, but it took at least a month. I think he's just busy. Heh.
Defiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2003, 14:01   #24  |  Link
geffroman

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tears of the Sun

Quote:
Originally posted by Defiler
I eventually got a reply to my donation message, but it took at least a month. I think he's just busy. Heh.
I should not complain... I am very appreciative for the tools... I just know that PayPal sends an payment message for each payment received... The idea of having even just a form letter response to kick out as he is clearing his box would make sense...

I would sure be more likely to send more donations to someone that seemed to appreciate getting them...

But hey... thats me... I send thank you cards at Christmas too...
Old 13th June 2003, 18:26   #25  |  Link
voo_doo99

I tried to apply 2COOL's Formula 51 cheat sheet to bypass the ARM screen for the Columbia Tristar movie 'I-Spy' but was not successful. I could fix the FullScreen option to point to the WideScreen title, and normally was satisfied with that before, but now am itching to accomplish the cooler next step, argh!grrh!. By any chance, has anyone done work on this movie?. TIA.
voo_doo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2003, 22:19   #26  |  Link
geffroman

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tears of the Sun

Quote:
I should not complain... I am very appreciative for the tools... I just know that PayPal sends an payment message for each payment received... The idea of having even just a form letter response to kick out as he is clearing his box would make sense...

I would sure be more likely to send more donations to someone that seemed to appreciate getting them...

But hey... thats me... I send thank you cards at Christmas too...

WOO HOOOOO I got a donation thank you from DERROW... HE LIVES I tell you... HE LIVES...!
Old 14th June 2003, 05:38   #27  |  Link
geffroman

Quote:
Originally posted by voo_doo99
I tried to apply 2COOL's Formula 51 cheat sheet to bypass the ARM screen for the Columbia Tristar movie 'I-Spy' but was not successful.
It's not your fault... Most Eddie Murphy Movies are not successful... I think it was planned that way...
Old 14th June 2003, 14:11   #28  |  Link
komanch

Can I use 2COOL's method "How To Do a Movie-Only DVD using DVD95Copy" with InstantCopy ?

Last edited by komanch; 14th June 2003 at 14:19.
komanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2003, 21:41   #29  |  Link
voo_doo99

Quote:
It's not your fault... Most Eddie Murphy Movies are not successful... I think it was planned that way...
Well, Murphy was tiresome, but Wilson OK. I dont expect too much from a mindless comedy anyway. But I did find the answer to my problem in 2COOL Joe Dirt cheatsheet. Feel cool (not 2, maybe 1/2 ) to successfully get rid of that annoying ARM screen. Thanks, 2COOL for your super guides.
Old 24th June 2003, 11:08   #30  |  Link
Kb_cruncher
replecant

I have successfully bypassed the annoying stuff but if my movie starts playing without stopping at the main menu how do i make it do so?the original movie does this and is not a result of any changes i have made to the ifo.
Old 24th June 2003, 12:20   #31  |  Link
2COOL

Quote:
Originally posted by Kb_cruncher
I have successfully bypassed the annoying stuff but if my movie starts playing without stopping at the main menu how do i make it do so?the original movie does this and is not a result of any changes i have made to the ifo.
What exactly have you done and which titleset contains your menus? You mention a "but if"...I assume you mean "and" instead.
Old 28th June 2003, 04:56   #32  |  Link
geffroman

Live Wire

Has anyone sorted out LIVE WIRE... This one has 4 choices not just wide screen and full... It has VTS 1 with full screen rated or unrated in two different PGC sets. Wide screen also has the same in VTS 2... I am trying to make it so that when I select PLAY I get the movie in Full Screen UNRATED which is VTS 1 - PGC 2 - Title 2...

So far all I seem to be able to do is kill the selection screen and hang the movie upon selecting play...
Old 14th July 2003, 19:40   #33  |  Link
mmgrover
Custom User Text:

2Cool, Do you know where I can find info on the syntax of
Pre and post Commands?

I have a DVD that starts into the main movie. After the movie starts
you can select root menu, and one of the menu buttons is "Return to Movie". I can make the DVD start with the root menu, but I havn't been able to make the movie button start the movie...

mike
mmgrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2003, 22:08   #34  |  Link
2COOL

@mmgrover

Quote:
Originally posted by mmgrover
2Cool, Do you know where I can find info on the syntax of
Pre and post Commands?
There really isn't any cut and dry place I can point to you that covers this. Sorry.
Quote:
I have a DVD that starts into the main movie. After the movie starts
you can select root menu, and one of the menu buttons is "Return to Movie". I can make the DVD start with the root menu, but I havn't been able to make the movie button start the movie...
To better help you on this, I need to understand your unedited navigations in your original DVD. Play your DVD using IFOedit and watch the Status window on what it displays. This tells you where the video clip playing is residing. Can you post back on what is being played and what the status field says from DVD insert to main movie plays? Just curious also if there is any miscellaneous clips after main menu and main movie.

Last edited by 2COOL; 14th July 2003 at 23:21.
2COOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2003, 03:06   #35  |  Link
mpucoder

It also helps if you remember, you are looking at a computer program. While we can describe the meaning of each command (which is done in several DVD authoring books) that is the same as looking at a book on assembly programming. You must look at the command within the context of the whole program.
mpucoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2003, 16:49   #36  |  Link
mmgrover
Custom User Text:

I Agree, being a programmer I am having lots of fun with this.

I am curently playing with the new movie "Basic".

I get the disk to start directly with the Main menu and skip the
disk intro by changing The First Play PGC in the VIDEO_TS.IFO
file to "(JumpSS_VTSM) Jump to Titleset Menu , Title Set 1, Title nr 1, root menu". But still trying to figure how how to get it to
jump right into main movie after the play button is selected.

When main movie is selected, it first plays Title 1, chapter 1 & 2 from the Video Manager Menu (VMG) then jumps back to the original
title set and plays Title2 chapter 1, a blank clip about 5 seconds
long (why I don't know!) then it plays title set 1, the main movie.

mike
Old 15th July 2003, 18:26   #37  |  Link
mmgrover
Custom User Text:

I found a quick way to relink Play Button, I used menuEdit..

Worked Very Well :-)

mike
Old 16th July 2003, 01:42   #38  |  Link
voo_doo99

Quote:
Originally posted by mpucoder
It also helps if you remember, you are looking at a computer program. While we can describe the meaning of each command (which is done in several DVD authoring books) that is the same as looking at a book on assembly programming. You must look at the command within the context of the whole program.
As it is a program, is there a tracing/debugging technique that anyone can share?. I am learning litle by litle thru the examples in cheatsheets but usually got lost in the navigation from VMG to VTSM to VTS and back to VMG. If I need a command(s) that can stop the playing and output some status, what would that be?.
Old 16th July 2003, 15:04   #39  |  Link
mpucoder

Wouldn't that be nice if DVD players had an "int 3" (debug trap), but they don't. All you have is the front panel, and experience. A player like my Sony shows you which titleset, title, and chapter is playing, so from there you can locate the PGC.

What would be nice is for someone to write a decompiler for this. IfoEdit comes close, but you have to make notes and hop around a lot. It would be nice to see the whole disk on one (long scrollable) page with invented tags for reference.
mpucoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2003, 05:55   #40  |  Link
2COOL

My 1000th post

*..........................................................................................................*
*..........................................................................................................*
*...............XXX...XXX............XXXXXX.........XXXXXXXX..............XXXXXXXX.............XXXXXXXX....*
*.............XXX...XXX..........XXXXXXXX......XXXXXXXXXXXXXX........XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.......XXXXXXXXXXXXXX...*
*........XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX..........XXXX......XXXX..XXXX..XXXXX.....XXXX..XXXX..XXXXX....XXXX..XXXX..XXXXX..*
*.......XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX..........XXXX......XXXX..XXXX..XXXXXX....XXXX..XXXX..XXXXXX...XXXX..XXXX..XXXXXX..*
*.........XXX...XXX..............XXXX......XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX...XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX..XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX..*
*........XXX...XXX..............XXXX......XX..XXXXXXXXXXX..XX...XX..XXXXXXXXXXX..XX..XX..XXXXXXXXXXX..XX...*
*....XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX..........XXXX.......XX..XXXXXXXXX..XXX....XX..XXXXXXXXX..XXX...XX..XXXXXXXXX..XXX....*
*...XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX..........XXXX........XXX...XXXXX..XXXX.....XXX...XXXXX..XXXX....XXX...XXXXX..XXXX.....*
*....XXX...XXX.........XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.....XXX.....XXXX..........XXX......XXXX.......XXXX.....XXXX.........* *...XXX...XXX.........XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX......XXXXXXXXX..............XXXXXXXXX............XXXXXXXX............*