Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Old 15th June 2007, 23:34   #1  |  Link
Burning Fury
Don't you love me?

Conversion from TrueAudio(TTA) to MP3 or WAV.

Hello there, i was wondering if it could be possible to convert
true audio format (TTA) to MP3 or WAV for that matter.

I haven't been able to transcode or convert any tta file
into a succesful mp3 format!.
I always get a bunch of noise from the track and it's unlistenable.
There's no words legible, nor any music!, just noise...

If you have any suggestions as how to go about this please
let me know, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by Burning Fury; 16th June 2007 at 03:56.
Burning Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2007, 23:03   #2  |  Link
Arite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Fury View Post
Hello there, i was wondering if it could be possible to convert
true audio format (TTA) to MP3 or WAV for that matter.

I haven't been able to transcode or convert any tta file
into a succesful mp3 format!.
I always get a bunch of noise from the track and it's unlistenable.
There's no words legible, nor any music!, just noise...

If you have any suggestions as how to go about this please
let me know, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Just get foobar2000 with the TTA plugin version 2.4.2 (here).

Install foobar2000, and then copy "foo_input_tta.dll" into the components directory of foobar2000 [Default is C:\Program Files\foobar2000\components]. If running, foobar2000 needs to be restarted to play TTA files.

You can then Drag and Drop TTA files and play them. To convert to e.g. WAV, MP3, right-click on the file(s), and go to "Convert >> Convert to...".

If you want to convert to mp3 then you need lame.exe in the foobar2000 directory [Default is "C:\Program Files\foobar2000"]. Get the latest stable version (3.97) of LAME here.

You can then either select a default setting [e.g. "MP3 (LAME), 192kbps, V2, fast"], from which you can select "..." to change the bitrate etc., or you can manually setup the commandline options (by creating a new commandline encoder etc.).

Hope that helped. Arite.

Last edited by Arite; 16th June 2007 at 23:13.
Arite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2007, 16:34   #3  |  Link
melodysnow

i dont know if that helped Burning Fury, but thank you so much you helped me alot. i converted it to an mp3 and everything. now my only problem is that its the entire cd and not individual songs, so now i just have to figure out where all the songs start and end so i can cut them. ~_~ this is so much work, i dont think i like .tta files. i will only fool with these again as a last resort. (like now) ;P
~but thank you again
melodysnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2007, 22:38   #4  |  Link
Arite

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodysnow View Post
i dont know if that helped Burning Fury, but thank you so much you helped me alot. i converted it to an mp3 and everything. now my only problem is that its the entire cd and not individual songs, so now i just have to figure out where all the songs start and end so i can cut them. ~_~ this is so much work, i dont think i like .tta files. i will only fool with these again as a last resort. (like now) ;P
~but thank you again
You can use a cuesheet to playback one large single file as an album with individual songs (this is often done as it can output a better representaion of a CD than individual files could). Did a *.cue file come with the *.tta file? If it did, and you haven't renamed/moved the *.tta file etc., then you should be able to just drag and drop the *.cue file into foobar2000. If it reads OK then you should see each song displayed individual (and potentially with tags). You can then treat them as individual files and convert them to *.mp3.

If you don't have a *.cue file or something similar then you could write one in e.g. Notepad with the correct timings - a bit time consuming, but the result would be better than just cutting up the audio.

Cheers, Arite.
Arite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2007, 04:14   #5  |  Link
olyteddy

If you want to cut it up (with or without a CUE sheet) after you encoded it as MP3 you can use MP3 DirectCut.
olyteddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2007, 18:31   #6  |  Link
melodysnow

i have something similar to MP3 DirectCut, but it works just as well. however it did come with a *.cue file, thats so cool i can just drag and drop, wow!! that makes things a whole lot easier and less time consuming, thanks a lot. ^_^
melodysnow is offline   Reply With Quote