Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Announcements and Chat > General Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 27th June 2003, 08:27   #1  |  Link
kilg0r3
! - User - !

Tesla might be an answer to the RIAA's decision to sue P2P users

First of all, I am not advertising software piracy or the stealing of other intelectual property. Yet I think many of us are sick of being monitored by a bunch paranoid rich(wo)men who think that they still haven't got their share of the global ressources.

Regarding P2P anonymity, the Tesla network might provide a solution for people like who simply love to not have to rethink every click they do on the net. Tesla uses an 128bit encryption for the connection which should make it relatively hard to monitor the traffic. I am not very informed about the technical details, though. So that, I would love to hear your comments about the supposed security/anonymity Tesla.
Old 27th June 2003, 18:16   #2  |  Link
Doobie

Re: Tesla might be an answer to the RIAA's decision to sue P2P users

Quote:
Originally posted by kilg0r3 Tesla uses an 128bit encryption for the connection which should make it relatively hard to monitor the traffic.
Encryption is relatively worthless. The RIAA most probably isn't using any man-in-the-middle snooping. Rather, think of them as pretend users, like Bush pretends to be a Conservative (right, Chainsaw). They'll simply browse shared folders and download selected titles/hashes as any user could. And, they'll record the IP addresses and then contact the ISPs to get names.

The only way to be secure is to use proxies or software such as FreeNet (an anonymous virtual internet) which has the benefits of proxies built-in. There are several P2P programs which run on FreeNet. But, the cost of anonymity is speed.

Tesla, Earth Station 5, and others do NOT offer real security, as far as I can tell from their websites.
Doobie is offline   Reply With Quote