Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Old 29th May 2002, 13:39   #1  |  Link
EmBRyO

What if what ever you do, you just can't synch a/v

Hi,

I've been trying make a DivX out of the DVD of Goldfinger. Only this time whatever I try I can't get that a/v synched.
I've tryed several things.

1) In nandub: change framerate so audio and video match. No luck!

2) Interleave: wouldn't help to. Maybe because I didn't found the proper settings but I've put a hell of a lot of time in it. So if this would be the solution please tell me how I know in what direction I have to look for because I really don't have a clue.

3) Then I tryed this: in AVIinfo you can make a loop on a little piece of the movie to see how you have to change the framerate to get it synched. I found out I had to change it to 25.0055 in the beginning and to 25.0027 at the end to get it synched. So already I didn't know what to do with it.

4) I found out about how to synch a/v with the guide I found here on Doom9 whit that little program called "synch.exe". But no change, even worse.

5) Then I read on a site (url below) that the whole problem could lay in the fact that you're audio wasn't ripped in the wright way. I tried that out but now result. (http://web.syr.edu/~tjmyers/ripping_home.html)

So now I'm kind of desparete. I don't know what to do anymore. Someone else told me then that sometimes whatever you try a/v wont match and do the same thing on another computer and it gives no probs. Could this be true? If not, what else coult I try?

Normally I work whit those programs (what went fine for several other movies):
(Got the guide from: http://www.geocities.com/tsunkatse_fighter/)

1) Video: DVD -> smartripper -> DVD2AVI -> VFAPI -> Nandub (+GKnot to calculate resolution and pixels)
2) Audio: VOB's -> DVDDecryptor -> ac3 or VOB2Audio -> VBR mp3
3) Put the two together with nandub.
4) Make some popcorn and whatch my movie

Hope you guys have some more ideas to get this prob solved.

TIA,
Greetzzzzzzzzz,
EmBRyO.
EmBRyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2002, 14:01   #2  |  Link
vorbis

try using dvd2avi

use that to extract the ac3 file. It should also give u the required delay time. Then just copy that number into the delay box in nandub. Should work.
Old 29th May 2002, 14:18   #3  |  Link
DJ Bobo
Encoding Dinosaur!

1) ALWAYS USE DVD2AVI 1.76 TO MAKE YOUR PROJECT AND EXTRACT AC3

2) ALWAYS USE DVD2AVI 1.76 TO MAKE YOUR PROJECT AND EXTRACT AC3

3) ALWAYS USE DVD2AVI 1.76 TO MAKE YOUR PROJECT AND EXTRACT AC3
DJ Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2002, 14:56   #4  |  Link
kilg0r3
! - User - !

just in case the tips above didn't help you:

1. try explaining what kind of asynchronity you are experiencing; shifted (same delay all over the movie) or streched (changing delay)

2. personally, i once had big troubles with 'insider' (streched audio)which i compressed using your method SR -> DVD2AVI->VFAPI-> ... since then i haven't used VFAPI anymore

readyou
kilg0r3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2002, 17:32   #5  |  Link
EmBRyO

>1. try explaining what kind of asynchronity you are experiencing; >shifted (same delay all over the movie) or streched (changing delay)

The synch problem I have is sound who comes before the video. And the further you go in the movie the worse it gets.
And the fact that I saw whit AVI info I needed 2 differnet framerate's at 2 different places. Pardon for my english, I speak dutch normally. ;o)

>2. personally, i once had big troubles with 'insider' (streched >audio)which i compressed using your method SR -> DVD2AVI->VFAPI->> ... since then i haven't used VFAPI anymore

How do you get you're dummy avi file then? Or is it whit Gknot you work then. But whit all of it's options then?

Greetzzzzzzz,
EmBRyO.
Old 29th May 2002, 17:36   #6  |  Link
EmBRyO

Re: try using dvd2avi

Quote:
use that to extract the ac3 file. It should also give u the required delay time. Then just copy that number into the delay box in nandub. Should work.
hmmm I have to admit, I havent try that one. I'll try it, but after my exams ;o)

Thx for the idea. Hopefully it will help.

Greetzzzzzzzz,
EmBRyO.
Old 29th May 2002, 20:33   #7  |  Link
kilg0r3
! - User - !

1. you have got to synch the beginning of the movie by adjusting the DELAY in virtual- or nandub's interleave dialog (you can also enter negative values!)

2. then and only then you can adjust the frame rate f your movie inorder to keep the synch until the end.

if your german is better than your english, send me a private message.