Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Closed Thread

Old 16th September 2013, 04:52   #1001  |  Link
jtan2000

In stall it on window 7 64 ... when I double click AvsPmod.exe got this on error message log ...

[Sun Sep 15 20:47:35 2013]
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "run.py", line 43, in <module>
File "avsp.pyo", line 18060, in main
File "wx\_core.pyo", line 7981, in __init__
File "wx\_core.pyo", line 7555, in _BootstrapApp
File "avsp.pyo", line 18047, in OnInit
File "avsp.pyo", line 5068, in __init__
File "avsp.pyo", line 5886, in LoadAvisynth
File "avisynth.pyo", line 806, in <module>
File "ctypes\__init__.pyo", line 378, in __getattr__
File "ctypes\__init__.pyo", line 383, in __getitem__
AttributeError: function 'avs_delete_script_environment' not found

How to I fix this ? Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 14:18   #1002  |  Link
BiOSsCZ

Bug

Im have crash :

[Wed Sep 25 15:14:10 2013]
File "run.py", line 43, in <module>
File "avsp.pyo", line 18060, in main
File "wx\_core.pyo", line 7981, in __init__
File "wx\_core.pyo", line 7555, in _BootstrapApp
File "avsp.pyo", line 18047, in OnInit
File "avsp.pyo", line 5070, in __init__
File "avsp.pyo", line 5943, in defineFilterInfo
File "glob.pyo", line 58, in iglob
File "glob.pyo", line 58, in iglob
File "glob.pyo", line 59, in iglob
File "glob.pyo", line 78, in glob1
File "fnmatch.pyo", line 54, in filter
File "re.pyo", line 190, in compile
File "re.pyo", line 242, in _compile
sre_constants.error: bad character range
Old 25th September 2013, 16:26   #1003  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

@BiOSsCZ, Check your script or your added macros for an odd character. Could also post script here.
EDIT: I think I've also seen similar 'bad character range' errors in this thread if an odd character is used in a dll filename, eg '-'.
Filename nodes should only be Alpha Numeric, underscore '_' and dot for extension.

@jtan2000, 'avs_delete_script_environment' added in avisynth v2.6a4+ I think, perhaps you are using an earlier version ie v2.6a3 or earlier.

(JFYI, v2.6a4 and earlier, no longer supported v2.6 versions).

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 25th September 2013 at 16:50.
Old 29th September 2013, 09:12   #1004  |  Link
steptoe

filter database updates - looking for despot and descratch

Has anybody written avsp plugin functions for the filters despot and also descratch

I've tried to create them myself to add to the wiki database but there are quite a few parameters I'm getting lost in creating the sliders

http://avisynth.org.ru/despot/despot.html

http://avisynth.org.ru/descratch/descratch.html

Many thanks
Old 29th September 2013, 23:15   #1005  |  Link
sl1pkn07
Pajas Mentales...

latest git make segfault for me (archlinux 64bits)

http://sl1pkn07.no-ip.com/paste/view/14c07bdb

greetings
Old 14th October 2013, 05:53   #1006  |  Link
manma

Can't seem to launch without a segfault either. I'm on Ubuntu 13.10.
Old 15th October 2013, 17:58   #1007  |  Link
vdcrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by manma View Post
Can't seem to launch without a segfault either. I'm on Ubuntu 13.10.
Works here with Ubuntu 13.10 beta 2 and wxPython 2.9.5, but I'm not particularly surprised as wxPython on *nix seems a bit buggy (both 2.8 and 2.9).

In case you're also considering Wine, I'll let you know that the preview works but it still crashes for me on autocomplete as of Wine 1.7.
Old 15th October 2013, 22:58   #1008  |  Link
ultim
AVS+ Dev

Hi vdcrim, I was wondering if I could ask you a small modification to AvsPmod to fully support Avisynth+. I'd really do these myself, but I don't know any phyton.

In the latest build I've publiushed today, I've added back the $PluginFunctions$ and $InternalFunctions$ variables based on the new plugin system. A small modification to AvsPmod would be needed, because Avisynth+ supports specifying plugin directories inside .avs scripts, so it cannot export $PluginFunctions$ without having run a script. $InternalFunctions$ is not affected and will work just like with traditional Avisynth. But $PluginFunctions$ is exported only when autoloading finally happens, and autoloading happens on demand when a script calls a not-yet-known function. So I've come up with the following way, that supports both classic Avisynth and Avisynth+.

1. After having loaded a script and executed a frame, call AutoloadPlugins() using Invoke. AutoloadPlugins() will do nothing if autoloading already happened, e.g. when the script already caused Avs to load plugins. But a script might only use internal functions, in which case you need to force loading plugins using AutoloadPlugins(), to make $PluginFunctions$ available. After the script has run at least once, there is no harm in calling AutoloadPlugins multiple times, so just call it in every case and you'll have $PluginFunctions$.
2. Also call AutoloadPlugins() on startup. This is so that the user can have a list of plugin functions even when he has no script yet.
3. After each call to AutoloadPlugins(), load/parse $PluginFunctions$ (and also the Plugin!..!Param vars if you make use of them). Their format has not changed.
4. Each time before loading a a script, Avisynth's script environment should be closed and recreated, so that different versions of the same script cannot interfere with each other's plugin search paths. I think AvsPmod is already doing this, so there might be nothing to do here.

The only thing to watch out for is that AutoloadPlugins() only exists in Avisynth+, not in classic Avisynth. So before calling it, check for its availability (avs_function_exists), to prevent classic Avisynth throwing exceptions at you.

It'd be great if you could make these modifications, and thank you.

Last edited by ultim; 15th October 2013 at 23:22.
Old 16th October 2013, 01:47   #1009  |  Link
vdcrim

Changes done. For now $PluginFunctions$ is retrieved only on start-up (definitions of functions added by calling AddAutoloadDir, LoadPlugin etc. are not added to the database).

Here's a new library.zip for anyone interested (overwrite the one on the lib subdirectory). It should also fix the crash reported in #1003

Edit: small update for AviSynth+ 2013.10.16

Last edited by vdcrim; 17th October 2013 at 01:18.
Old 16th October 2013, 18:00   #1010  |  Link
ultim
AVS+ Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdcrim View Post
Changes done. For now $PluginFunctions$ is retrieved only on start-up (definitions of functions added by calling AddAutoloadDir, LoadPlugin etc. are not added to the database).

Here's a new library.zip for anyone interested (overwrite the one on the lib subdirectory). It should also fix the crash reported in #1003
Thank you for the awesome quick update!
Old 25th October 2013, 17:48   #1011  |  Link
sl1pkn07
Pajas Mentales...

hi

i have installed 2 versions of wxpython (2.8 and 2.9) in my linux (ver 2.9 have surfix in name to avoid collisions with 2.8 version)

howto launch avspmod with selected one or other?

greetings
Old 25th October 2013, 18:09   #1012  |  Link
vdcrim

Paste this at the top of avsp.py:
Code:
import wxversion
wxversion.select('2.8')
Old 25th October 2013, 18:32   #1013  |  Link
sl1pkn07
Pajas Mentales...

thanks man

i tested avspmod with both version, still segfaulting like http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=1646058&postcount=1006

greetings
Old 26th October 2013, 21:08   #1014  |  Link
lansing

Hi, I've switch to the Avisynth+ version and I'm getting error messages loading scripts.

I'm using Windows 7 64bit and I'd put the 32bit avisynth.dll in to sysWOW64 folder.
I got "Error parsing plugin string at position 0:" on avspmod startup, and when I try to load a video, I'll get this error message:

Code:
  File "avsp.pyo", line 5448, in OnIdle
  File "avsp.pyo", line 13786, in ShowVideoFrame
  File "avsp.pyo", line 14298, in UpdateScriptAVI
  File "pyavs.pyo", line 682, in __init__
  File "pyavs.pyo", line 155, in __init__
  File "avisynth.pyo", line 244, in GetVar
avisynth.AvisynthError: NotFound
Old 26th October 2013, 22:02   #1015  |  Link
vdcrim

Read a few posts above.
Old 14th November 2013, 17:06   #1016  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

vdcrim
There seem to be some kind of bug with high zoom with odd numbers like 9x, 11x or more. Part of the image from the right side (haven't checked bottom) gets cut off even if you move the slider is all the way to the right.
Also small feature request. Maybe you can add some kind of (optional) border around the video frame so that it will be easier to see where the video ends and where the GUI begins. Some equivalent to Addborders(8,8,8,8). The reason for that is with some video/system colors combinations it's not really obvious whether you look at video or at the windows form (unless you'll make zoom high enough for the pixels to be huge.
The reason I want it in avsp instead of using mentioned addborders is that personally i'll have this feature turned on always, also addborders gives not very accurate results possibly due to it being included into yuv-rgb conversion by avspmod.

Last edited by Keiyakusha; 14th November 2013 at 17:11.
Old 14th November 2013, 17:37   #1017  |  Link
vdcrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiyakusha View Post
There seem to be some kind of bug with high zoom with odd numbers like 9x, 11x or more. Part of the image from the right side (haven't checked bottom) gets cut off even if you move the slider is all the way to the right.
Can you give me a source resolution for which it happens? I can't reproduce it.
Quote:
Also small feature request. Maybe you can add some kind of (optional) border around the video frame so that it will be easier to see where the video ends and where the GUI begins. Some equivalent to Addborders(8,8,8,8). The reason for that is with some video/system colors combinations it's not really obvious whether you look at video or at the windows form (unless you'll make zoom high enough for the pixels to be huge.
Currently there's a 5 px border, that as you said follows the current theme, but I can add a setting for choosing a custom color. Try this demo (rename to library.zip and place it in the lib subdirectory) with background hard-coded to black.
Old 14th November 2013, 18:07   #1018  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

Quote:
720x480. Here try this.
If I open avspmod, drag-n-drop the image, toggle video preview (embedded mode), set soom to 11x, move slider all the way to the right -> I don't see the "rainbow" at all. With 9x I only see it starting from blue color.

Quote:

Currently there's a 5 px border, that as you said follows the current theme, but I can add a setting for choosing a custom color. Try this demo (rename to library.zip and place it in the lib subdirectory) with background hard-coded to black.
I believe even border width depends on the windows theme. Thanks I'll try a bit later.

Last edited by Keiyakusha; 14th November 2013 at 18:11.
Old 14th November 2013, 18:49   #1019  |  Link
vdcrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiyakusha View Post
Here try this
Thanks. Apparently a bug on the gui framework that AvsP uses, but it's fixed on their going stable anytime now development series that the next AvsPmod release will probably use.
Old 14th November 2013, 22:50   #1020  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

vdcrim
So I checked black background demo. While this is indeed what I had in mind, I think it might be beneficial to have some more neutral color. I at first I thought about option to change background color, but now I think maybe something like this is possible? (this is nothing more than photoshoped image, unfortunately). Of course if you think it looks any good. Personally I think it does looks nice.

Last edited by Keiyakusha; 14th November 2013 at 22:52.
Closed Thread