Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VirtualDub, VDubMod & AviDemux

Old 20th May 2018, 12:27   #1  |  Link
mtamimi

Lost VirtualDub capture preview after spring 2018 win 10 update

My device still captures, but preview does not work...So I am not sure when to start/stop capturing! Any help is appreciated...

Thnx
mtamimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2018, 13:44   #2  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

You got the Menu/Video/Preview thing ticked ?

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2018, 20:15   #3  |  Link
mtamimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
You got the Menu/Video/Preview thing ticked ?
Yes...But nothing shows up...Also, using Vdub2 "preview with filters", did show the picture but I do not use it since sometimes it crashes, and also I am not sure if what I see is raw picture or not..
Old 20th May 2018, 21:05   #4  |  Link
shekh

"Preview with filters" is just a new name for old thing, basically it is displaying by means of VD internal stuff, rather than relying on system-installed renderer.
Default preview is using system renderer, that is possibly VMR or EVR (I don't know much about), but since it fails to display anything you may try to find ways to repair it. Unfortunately I can only guess. Maybe it is possible to change some settings in these renderers, or reinstall them, or maybe it needs some conversion filter. Can you run GraphStudioNext and setup capture preview graph?
Old 20th May 2018, 23:35   #5  |  Link
mtamimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekh View Post
"Preview with filters" is just a new name for old thing, basically it is displaying by means of VD internal stuff, rather than relying on system-installed renderer.
Default preview is using system renderer, that is possibly VMR or EVR (I don't know much about), but since it fails to display anything you may try to find ways to repair it. Unfortunately I can only guess. Maybe it is possible to change some settings in these renderers, or reinstall them, or maybe it needs some conversion filter. Can you run GraphStudioNext and setup capture preview graph?

Thnx for the help. I just got the x64 version executable release of GraphStudioNext from its github repo. And after executing it, it gave me a message about a successful extension association of some sort.

Now I have the app running, but not sure what to do next...Can you help?
Old 24th May 2018, 23:24   #6  |  Link
shekh

You did not reply to pm so I just let you know I sent one on 21st may.