Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 10th April 2006, 21:13   #381  |  Link
berrinam

@cc979: I dunno.... if I turned resizing off, I wouldn't want it to turn back on when I selected my cropping. You have a point, though.

@all: Yep, I am considering doing that implicit avs creation. There needs to be some way to smoothly integrate the two, so if people can come up with some ideas, that would be great.

The way that I thin the implicit avs creation would work would not be like AutoGK, as shon3i said, but simply a single input line. So, if you load a video file, then MeGUI creates an avs that has a DirectShowSource call (or AviSource, etc), with no resizing or cropping. If you want to configure it yourself, then you (somehow) tell MeGUI to open this with the AviSynth script creator, and if you want AutoGK-style automated script generation, you use the One Click Encoder (this could do with some extension, to support directshowsource files for input -- perhaps using the MediaInfo lib for track information).

Last edited by berrinam; 10th April 2006 at 21:18.
Old 10th April 2006, 22:01   #382  |  Link
cc979
Curious BetaTester

@berrinam ... if autocrop is used and resizer is disabled maybe increase the crop so it is a mod of 16 or re-enable the resize or give a choice

depends on the encode maybe

Tools: ProcessExplorer & ProcessMonitor - BatchCompressor

Guide: MinGW Compiling GCC
Old 11th April 2006, 01:52   #383  |  Link
Romario

Location: Qetchua mountains in Peru, and Klingon battlecruiser D'Mar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoCross
your an idiot. do you have any idea how much would be required to build a directshow decoder directly into megui??? Seriously man....it's best to do your decoding through avisynth. it allows us to deal with things better as the framework is already finished.
Beside your bad maners , I support KRP request for direct opening of video files in future MeGUI builds. Common users needs that.
Old 11th April 2006, 02:14   #384  |  Link
ChronoCross
Does it really matter?

your basically the same person so whatever. Besides ignoring the technical reasons for this MeGUI is NOT Virtualdub. Re-read a few of my posts and you'll understand why implementing it will be not worth the effort.
Old 11th April 2006, 02:47   #385  |  Link
foxyshadis
Angel of Night

If you need a virtualdub for newer formats, please, use avidemux! It was made to be a virtualdub-style editor for them. MeGUI is just an encoder that levarages smart algorithms and the power of avisynth to make your encoding easier, but it will never be an NLE.
Old 11th April 2006, 10:08   #386  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Here's the only thing that makes sense from a programmer's perspective: relax the filter to other types. If the file selected has the extension .avs, everything works as normal. If the extension is .avi, megui writes a new avs named yourmovie.avi.avs containing:
avisource("yourmovie.avi")
and loads that avs. The avs is written in the same directory as the avi.
If the extension is anything else, the avs written has the same naming system, but instead contains
directshowsource("yourmovie.extension")

But for megui, there's only avs and anything that goes beyond that would be a major effort - that time is better invested into something else.
Also keep in mind a directshowsource call without fps is dangerous.. but it's the only thing that can be done because we can't just get fps info from an arbitrary file unless either writing parsers for X different containers, or start messing with directshow (render the file and hopefully the fps can be gotten from that).
But in the input window, you still only have avs shown, and you cannot use the typing facility to manually put a non avs filename there.. that would already turn things too complicated again.
Old 11th April 2006, 10:22   #387  |  Link
berrinam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom9
Here's the only thing that makes sense from a programmer's perspective: relax the filter to other types. If the file selected has the extension .avs, everything works as normal. If the extension is .avi, megui writes a new avs named yourmovie.avi.avs containing:
avisource("yourmovie.avi")
and loads that avs. The avs is written in the same directory as the avi.
If the extension is anything else, the avs written has the same naming system, but instead contains
directshowsource("yourmovie.extension")
This system is what I plan to implement (however, not with AviSource. avisource has problems with non-VfW decoders). It shouldn't be hard (the infrastructure is already there in the AviSynth script creator, which I extended in my last commit to support arbitrary filetypes using DSSource), and MeGUI's error checking for video should avoid some problems (well, it will detect AviSynth errors, which includes problems with not signalling fps, as well as mod16 and colorspace problems), so it can't really stuff MeGUI up.

EDIT: Done. It is a very stupid script generator, and it won't deal with any problems like flipped video. If you run into them that's your problem -- use the Avisynth script creator which is designed to deal with all of that.

Last edited by berrinam; 11th April 2006 at 10:48.
Old 18th April 2006, 12:29   #388  |  Link
faxmactor

"Shutdown when finished" is going onto my mind

I don't think there's any user who wants to go on with the shutdown when he aborts a job manually.

Besides that, a timed interception possibility would be useful, just in case. (Encodes packed with filters take so long that one might forget that the option has been set.)

Last edited by faxmactor; 18th April 2006 at 15:25.
Old 19th April 2006, 15:35   #389  |  Link
shon3i
BluRay Maniac

I can't belive MeGUI finally looks like a big app for multiformat encoding, all greetings to MeGUI devs, but you miss only one big thing. That's thing is 5.1 audio encoding. I know MeGUI supports 5.1 encoding for both BeSweet and AviSynth, but encoders is very bad. Nero and FAAC need bitrate like AC3 to sounds normaly. So only one encoder is good for 5.1 HE encoding and we know is that Coding Tehnologies (Winamp). Thanks to Dimzon and his encAACPlus.exe comandline encoder, encoding is very sipmply. New Nero encoder shall to be out in few months which all bugs in 5.1 encoding is cleared but until now you can add support for CT becouse is aslo good in stereo encoding. CT now support both LC and HE profiles, aslo LC encoder support 8-320kbs, HE 8-320kbs, 6ch HE 96-213kbs which all bitrates good for 1cd rips especialy 96-128, and 128-213 is good for 2 or more cd's, aslo LC supports 6ch. Thanks

EDIT: Encoding via BeSweet have no sense, so clear your agony and remove it form MeGUI

Last edited by shon3i; 19th April 2006 at 15:39.
Old 19th April 2006, 15:42   #390  |  Link
dimzon
BeHappy/MeGUI developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shon3i
I can't belive MeGUI finally looks like a big app for multiformat encoding, all greetings to MeGUI devs, but you miss only one big thing. That's thing is 5.1 audio encoding. I know MeGUI supports 5.1 encoding for both BeSweet and AviSynth, but encoders is very bad. Nero and FAAC need bitrate like AC3 to sounds normaly. So only one encoder is good for 5.1 HE encoding and we know is that Coding Tehnologies (Winamp). Thanks to Dimzon and his encAACPlus.exe comandline encoder, encoding is very sipmply. New Nero encoder shall to be out in few months which all bugs in 5.1 encoding is cleared but until now you can add support for CT becouse is aslo good in stereo encoding. CT now support both LC and HE profiles, aslo LC encoder support 8-320kbs, HE 8-320kbs, 6ch HE 96-213kbs which all bitrates good for 1cd rips especialy 96-128, and 128-213 is good for 2 or more cd's, aslo LC supports 6ch. Thanks
AFIAK this feature (CT AAC encoder support) is in TODO list. Unfortunally there are huge work (refactiring) to do before it and we (Doom9 and I) are too busy IRL now
Old 19th April 2006, 16:03   #391  |  Link
shon3i
BluRay Maniac

@dimzon thanks anyway. When you back to url can you start working on this. I am not sure but i don't now how nero distribute their new aac codec, Ivan told that will be new distribution and maybe limitation over encoding.
Old 25th April 2006, 15:31   #392  |  Link
cc979
Curious BetaTester

@berrinam
just had time to do some testing (0.2.3.2129 20 April 2006)

good job on the mod16 stuff

just a little feature when encoding an .avs maybe have script preview window, incase some forget which what they are encoding

Tools: ProcessExplorer & ProcessMonitor - BatchCompressor

Guide: MinGW Compiling GCC
Old 28th April 2006, 04:25   #393  |  Link
chipzoller
Mr. Woof

I would like to request the addition of MP3 audio support in MP4 muxing operation. I realize AAC is the favored choice and perhaps the better one, but nonetheless if MP3 is supported in the container format, I think megui should be able to do it, and this shouldn't be a big deal to add.
Old 28th April 2006, 06:09   #394  |  Link
berrinam

I agree, but this will probably have to wait until the refactor is committed.
Old 28th April 2006, 08:40   #395  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

@berrinam: if not already done, all that needs to be done to support that is adding the mp3 audio type as supported audio type.. I may have even already done it. Then of course there's the matter of making the mux windows muxer aware to they allow you to select input types that the muxer supports..
Old 28th April 2006, 21:12   #396  |  Link
chipzoller
Mr. Woof

Also, another request....
I think perhaps it's time megui had its own icon. It seems to be in a worthy enough state

Or is this feature in the works?

As always, many thanks for the outstanding program.
Old 3rd May 2006, 15:56   #397  |  Link
Morte66
Flying Skull

Small ease of use request: when using file dialogues to open souce audio files for encoding, please treat Avisynth files (.avs) as an audio format along with .ac3, .dts etc. I create quite a few combined audio/video scripts to retime PAL movies to 24fps, so I often have avisynth as an audio source.
Old 3rd May 2006, 15:59   #398  |  Link
ChronoCross
Does it really matter?

That however would be undetectable as to you having audio in the avs script. so it would be pointless.

you can't encode audio and video together and change the audio format. just won't work. Audio must be encoded separately.

if you had a completely separate avs for audio it would be another matter.
Old 3rd May 2006, 16:16   #399  |  Link
Morte66
Flying Skull

* confused *

I do mean to encode the audio separately. Perhaps I should give an example. Say I have externally created an avisynth script called deadwood3.avs which has 24fps audio and video streams:

LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\DGMPGDec\dgdecode.dll")
loadplugin("C:\Program Files\avisynth 2.5\plugins\NicAudio.dll")
video=mpeg2source("C:\MyDox\My Videos\Staging\Deadwood 3\VTS_01_1.d2v",cpu=4)
audio=nicac3source("VTS_01_1 T01 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY 0ms.ac3",2)
audiodub(video,audio)
AssumeFPS(24,1,true)
SSRC(48000,false)

I open it once as a video source and again as a sound source, maybe using "AutoEncode" to do the mux as well, to get 2 or 3 related jobs. I open it as video as normal on th emain input tab, no problem. Then I in the main input tab I click on the "..." button to the right of the audio input filename. That launches the "Select your audio input" dialogue. In the bottom drop-list on that dialogue, labelled "Files of type", I can choose "Supported audio formats" {default}, "AC3 audio", "DTS audio", "MPEG audio", "WAV audio", and "All Files (*.*). At them moment, I have to choose "All Files" to open an avisynth file like deadwood3.avs as my source sound file. I would like to see "Avisynth Audio" added to the list of audio file types, and for it to fall within "Supported audio formats" so that avisynth files appear when I first launch the "Select your audio input" dialogue. {edit} It would also be quite useful if the audio input box on the main Input tab accepted avs files via drag and drop, like it accepts ac3 etc.

[I'm referring to versions 0.2.3.2065 and 0.2.3.2127, if that matters. I've encoded over 100 files this way, generally to x264/FAAC.]

Last edited by Morte66; 3rd May 2006 at 18:31.
Old 3rd May 2006, 17:17   #400  |  Link
ChronoCross
Does it really matter?

why don't you just encode the AC3 Seperately? you can do the same SSRC transform in the audio config dialog. Your method seems strangely wrong to me.
Closed Thread