Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 5th November 2005, 20:19   #101  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

it should be available now.. but you actually need to compile it on your own and the source code is in the development thread, not here.
Old 6th November 2005, 17:09   #102  |  Link
bob0r
Pain and suffering

Thanks, its working, great feature.

Please change www.x264.nl to http://x264.nl on the me-gui development thread (man i hate the SUBdomain www. )

Thanks!
bob0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2005, 04:19   #103  |  Link
orandennison

resize problem still exists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom9
Turns out it was a couple lines of code. I did not write the window resizing code and it wasn't done the way I'd have made it. I have no idea if it's using Form.Size rather than Form.ClientSize or me saving the size of the form after initialization and use that size instead of hardcoded sizes, but the new release resizes properly even with granny fonts.
I'm still having the resize problem, and I have never used "granny fonts". I run at 1280x1024 on a 19" lcd, on a nvidia geforce 6600gt, xp pro, .net 1.1. Latest drivers for everything. The full-fledged version of megui doesn't have the problem, but as I change tabs in the x264 version of megui it resizes and stays small, which winds up cutting off part of the screen on other tabs. Sorry if this has been mentioned before, I read through the first 4 pages and didn't see any further mention of this problem. I'll just use the full version, but I thought you should know about this.

Thanks for all your work on this doom9.

ps. don't be so hard on people who aren't blessed with good vision. Large fonts were made available for a reason, and as a fellow programmer we shouldn't ignore or make fun of handicapped people just because they make our lives more inconvenient.
orandennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2005, 09:24   #104  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

@orandennison: and which build are you using? I managed to break that darned resizing thing in the 0.2.3.1 series so you need I think the 0.2.3.1a release that contains the fix.
Old 9th November 2005, 09:27   #105  |  Link
orandennison

It was the 0.2.3.1a release, here's a picture of how it looks when it resizes. Let me know if there's something else you want me to check on.

Old 9th November 2005, 10:10   #106  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

that's granny fonts.. 120dpi.. I can even smell it. Regardless, I haven't changed the resizing code at all so for all I know something goes wrong on your PC. I temporarily changed my resolution to 120dpi, endured the pain but the resizing works out here. The thing is, the only problem there ever was didn't look at all like your screenshot.. the horizontal resolution is never changed, only the vertical one is.
Old 9th November 2005, 13:28   #107  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

found a lot of bugs in command line creation... bugreport in the main megui thread.
Sharktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2005, 01:11   #108  |  Link
orandennison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom9
that's granny fonts.. 120dpi.. I can even smell it. Regardless, I haven't changed the resizing code at all so for all I know something goes wrong on your PC. I temporarily changed my resolution to 120dpi, endured the pain but the resizing works out here. The thing is, the only problem there ever was didn't look at all like your screenshot.. the horizontal resolution is never changed, only the vertical one is.
Well, you were right- I was looking in the wrong place. I thought you set large fonts on the "appearance" tab of display properties, but large fonts was actually set on the "settings" tab under "advanced". I disabled large fonts under "settings>advanced", and then tried setting it to both Large and Extra Large under "appearance" and the problem went away. The fonts in the application didn't actually resize though when I changed font size under the "appearance" tab (they stayed normal), so maybe that's why some people thought the problem was fixed? Either way, the problem persists and I'd like to continue to help debug this, so let me know if there's anything else I can try.
Old 9th December 2005, 04:15   #109  |  Link
ziw0d0

Please, add "psnr enabled checkbox" in the new build. Sometimes it happens it is useful.
ziw0d0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2005, 08:57   #110  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
Please, add "psnr enabled checkbox" in the new build. Sometimes it happens it is useful.
Like when?
Old 22nd January 2006, 09:10   #111  |  Link
burgerpardis

nm....answered my own question. thanks for the utility.

Last edited by burgerpardis; 22nd January 2006 at 09:14.
burgerpardis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2007, 05:28   #112  |  Link
lycium

since the 7th jan updates it now _crashes_ before it only failed to install the last few items on the update list.

xp64, athlon x2
.net 2.0, msvc2005 runtimes etc
lycium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2007, 15:52   #113  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

MeGUI x264 is discontinued. Use the full MeGUI.
Old 5th September 2008, 15:15   #114  |  Link
Benus_MinO

http://www.mininova.org/tor/1236294

anyone can upload it to another tracker or server?

Last edited by Benus_MinO; 5th September 2008 at 15:22.
Benus_MinO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2008, 15:26   #115  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

what the f...??!??!?!? they didnt even ask for permission to do that... they also dont redistribute the source code... GPL violation? FORUM RULE 6
also you resurrected a 3 years old thread that's even talking about a different thing for such a stupid request... please...

Last edited by Sharktooth; 5th September 2008 at 15:32.