Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VirtualDub, VDubMod & AviDemux

Old 24th February 2003, 10:36   #1  |  Link
Will Hay
My head hurts...

Problems frameserving to TMPGEnc

I use Vdub to capture at 720 x 576 with the PicVideo mjpeg codec at quality 20 and then encode using TMPGENC Plus to dvd complaint mpeg2.
I wasn't aware of the frameserving facility but having tried it it doesn't appear to work for me
I created a test.avi and then hit the frameserving option. A box appears called DESKTOP/test.avi and then another specifing my source, so in here I call it test save as a vdr file right?).
I then leave that running and open TMPGEnc but the programme freezes, 'not responding' appears shortly afterwards.
I've tried an earlier version of both Vdub and TMPGEnc but get the same results.
I've run the auxsetup and just recently the proxyon tool - no luck.
Anyone any idea's what it could be?
I want the facility to delete frames from the centre of my capture file (TMPGEnc doesn't have this facility, only at the beginning and end)
Thanks in advance,
Will

Last edited by Will Hay; 24th February 2003 at 10:38.
Will Hay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2003, 00:09   #2  |  Link
VJWitness

TMPEG-Enc acts very strange in accepting *.vdrs or not. Transcode it to a 2.5 Mbit DivX and use the DivX in TMPEG. Itīs not the professional but often the only possible way.
VJWitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2003, 09:57   #3  |  Link
angelyote
The frumious Bandersnatch

You could use virtualdub to figure out which frames you'd like to cut, then create an avs with the trim option to remove the frames. Then you can feed the avs to tmpgenc.

Dave
angelyote is offline   Reply With Quote