Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 4th August 2006, 19:50   #121  |  Link
ReinerSchweinlin

Thanx
ReinerSchweinlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2006, 16:32   #122  |  Link
raquete

anyone can help me to extract 6 mono channels-16bit from 5.1 dtswav with WW? ( tebasuna51,are you around? )
with tranzcodegui is easy but only for 32 bits waves.
i read the johnman "general info" http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...42&postcount=5
but i can't put it working.(maps,etc..i'm lost)

thanks so much.
raquete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2006, 00:34   #123  |  Link
Austin Forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by raquete
anyone can help me to extract 6 mono channels-16bit from 5.1 dtswav with WW? ( tebasuna51,are you around? )
with tranzcodegui is easy but only for 32 bits waves.
Hi there, since I might not complete Tranzcode anytime soon since I've been working on a gui version which hopefully will be able to display DD/DTS decoded channel waveforms, where you would (again hopefully) be able to select section bounded by frames and cut/paste/trim/split visually and hope to add the playback as well. What was my point, oh ya since I ceased work on the console ver (called beta 4) in March (which still lacks the 'Two-Pass', and stereo down mixing), as the next step would be to create a dll from it. Anyway I just posted the beta 4 ver (March), on my little website. You can access the file here, use this link:

http://tranzcode.byethost22.com/file...0.40(beta).rar

I still need to document some added commands. In short, it will (last I tested way back then), decode .ac3 and ddwav as well as .dts, .cpt and dtswav, and you can specify the output bit-depth (8,16,24,32 bit integer, and 32 & 64 bit floating pt), as well as resample to either 44100, 48000 and 96000 Hz. It will also do batch file processing (use the '*' character as the file delimiter (also use double quotes for filenames containing spaces-of course), and also a means to list channel files if you want to mux a multichannel wav. It can also strip channels from multichannel wavs. and you can specify the speaker settings since it will create in wave extensible format. I haven't done this for awhile muxing, err.. actually used/tested it since March, so bare with me. Oh ya, it will produce an accurate info on the DD/DTS files using hmm.. I forgot, think it's the /i (file info calculated)i, and /im (file info measured) commands if I recall correctly and also produce an info file .tzf (I think ) which I would later use for editing using the gui. So I suppose I'll have to write a short guide on some of the new commands.

This may still work with TranzGUI but may only work as before which will be quite limited as to its capabilities.

Copy 'Tranzcode.exe into the folder where the file you want to decode is in (or copy it into your i.e. 'C:\WINDOWS\system32' dir)

So to decode to 16 bit, open a 'DOS' window (Start/Accessories/Command Prompt), Change dir 'cd' to the dir and issue the following command (example)

tranzcode "my file.dts" /16

or if you want to resample the output as well..

tranzcode "my file.dts" /16 /44 [edited: thats WRONG! it sould be /44100 or /48000 or /96000

corrected: tranzcode "my file.dts" /16 /44100

Good luck, hope not to many bugz :P

Ok I finally ran some testing (err guess I should have done that before posting it). No matter there were some log messages which you can ignore for now. I'll repack a new compile to get rid of any troubleshooting msgs and clean up any garbage I left in it, and add a list of some new commands with parameters.

Also I'll add those commands here and totally hijack this thread completely :P (sorry John).

BTW I would also like to mention that I thank Johnmann for giving me the inspiration, along with some pointers on how to incorporate SSRC (Shibatch Tools) into Tranzcode for resampling/bit depth conversion, dithering etc. Thanks guy!

[EDIT]

Ok it didn't take long to find bugs right away (I found 2 already) - which weren't there on preveous testing, so I messed something up.

bug 1) When Upsampling & Bit Depth Converting together, it fails (at least on DTSWav and DDWav)

bug 2) When decoding DDWav the progress display stays at 1% but actually decoded fine.

Argh.. it may take awhile since I haven't look at the code so long ago. Sorry folks never expected this... Really! Already tarnished my bad reputation

Ok it should be ok for now, uploaded a slightly older working version.

Seems the link is not working, so just go to the website and download it from there:

http://tranzcode.byethost22.com

Cheers

-AF

Last edited by Austin Forgotten; 11th September 2006 at 08:07.
Austin Forgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2006, 00:49   #124  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by raquete
anyone can help me to extract 6 mono channels-16bit from 5.1 dtswav with WW?
WaveWizard can't decode dts, then a dtswav can't be used like input for WaveWizard.

You can use WaveWizard to convert the TranzGUI output to 16 bit int, or DTSParser to convert dtswav to dts an after decode to 6 mono wav 16 int with BeHappy.

Sorry I don't know dtswav -> 6 mono wav 16 bit int in only 1 step.

Edit: I don't see the Austin Forgotten post. We can try with Tranzcode v0.40

Last edited by tebasuna51; 11th September 2006 at 00:56.
tebasuna51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2006, 00:27   #125  |  Link
johnman

hello ppl, guess who is back
as you might have seen development of ww sort of halted last couple of months but i just wanted to drop by to see what has happened. Who knows what the future brings . iirc the last thing i was working on was vst chaining and multichannel recording but to be honest i am not really sure .
Old 16th September 2006, 20:31   #126  |  Link
raquete

@ johnman,welcome back.

@ tebasuna51 & Austin Forgotten

so much!!
Old 18th September 2006, 11:19   #127  |  Link
johnman

I have taken a look at the code and i was busy trying to chain vst's together. I wonder, is anyone still using the program ? even needfull things seems unreachable so i wonder if it would be worth the effort to atleast finish the vst chaining + multichannel recording?

It has been a while and it takes me a lot of effort to understand my 1000's lines of code

And to be honest, the program is to complex to really grasp. I should have focussed more on functionality because now its a sort mess with the mapping and the vst chaning and merging of files.

Last edited by johnman; 18th September 2006 at 11:23.
johnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2006, 11:36   #128  |  Link
raquete

Quote:
I wonder, is anyone still using the program ?
i can be sure!
Old 19th September 2006, 20:56   #129  |  Link
johnman

thats nice but if thats all, i dont think further development would be usefull
Old 19th September 2006, 23:22   #130  |  Link
ursamtl

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnman View Post
thats nice but if thats all, i dont think further development would be usefull
Oh I think a lot of people are using ww. I've seen several comments to that effect. As for needfulthings, you should ask daphy about that. Last I heard, he was quite busy with work but I'm sure he hasn't completely given up. As for me, I intend to get back into surround once the autumn sets it. Lately I've been exploring, of all things, analog! I heard some transfers of vinyl LPs done from quality turntables and I must say they sounded better than anything I've ever heard on commercial CDs. So right now I'm exploring the possibility of purchasing a new turntable! Given the improved soundstage, etc., I'm actually excited about what kind of source these could be for 5.1!
ursamtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2006, 01:44   #131  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
I wonder, is anyone still using the program ?.
I make a search
Key Word(s): WaveWizard
Posts Made By: tebasuna51
and I found 30 threads where I recommend the use.
Old 20th September 2006, 02:09   #132  |  Link
Skelsgard
foobaring my ass off

Quote:
I make a search
Key Word(s): WaveWizard
Posts Made By: tebasuna51
and I found 30 threads where I recommend the use.
Same here, there´s pretty much no audio-related posts of mine where I don´t recommend (or actually order) to use WW.
Ww is my butt-saver mandatory wonder audio tool for anything surround related.
Keep the great work.. (please!!! )
Old 21st September 2006, 17:27   #133  |  Link
johnman

It is somewhat of a strange and unique program and it is capable of doing somethings most other programs can't. But its also not very user friendly, but when you get it to do what you want its kind of cool .

I've got a couple of free days now so i'll have a look if i can jumpstart my sourcecode and get it to work again.

now let me get a mirror up, and daphy.. if you are back again send me a msg .

!tebunasa, i know you have noticed a couple of bugs long long time ago, ill come to you soon about it and i hope you remember some of the bugs you found. Im afraid i dont . I even have a bit of a problem to use ww :P.

edit 2. my computer broke so i only have a onboard soundcard on a very old computer that produces a lot of hum out of my speakers but it will have to do for now i guess :P.

New Download link

Last edited by johnman; 21st September 2006 at 17:35.
johnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2006, 18:55   #134  |  Link
Skelsgard
foobaring my ass off

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnman
But its also not very user friendly
Really? The first time I used it I actually thought is was incredibly simple and right-to-the-point (no unnecesary blowed-up BS), and I´m like every other user.
Old 21st September 2006, 19:44   #135  |  Link
johnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelsgard View Post
Really? The first time I used it I actually thought is was incredibly simple and right-to-the-point (no unnecesary blowed-up BS), and I´m like every other user.
To REALLY understand ALL functionality it takes a while. i.e. if you wanna merge 3 stereo file to a single 6 ch file and encode the output in 1 step to dts... its possible but i bet most ppl need a few tries to get it to work :P.

But i agree that it is to the point . But i would like it to be less functional and more usable. More functionallity in't always better imo.
Old 22nd September 2006, 01:52   #136  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
tebasuna, i know you have noticed a couple of bugs long long time ago, ill come to you soon about it and i hope you remember some of the bugs you found.
I only remember a problem in ursamtl upmix method:
"Seems that Stream manipulation and Channelmapping don't work together, the merged file in pass 5 is always in correct wav order with Channel mapping enabled or disabled."

But is solved in two steps for ac3enc.dll, and in one step without mapping thanks to the new encoder Aften with remapping included.

Maybe for a new release you need include the new ac3/aac encoders Aften, Nero, CT (winamp).
And don't forget a simple remapping option Dolby Prologic II downmix:
Code:
6->2#mix#inactive#Dolby Prologic II downmix
0.325 0.000 0.000 0.325 0.230 0.230 0.000 0.000 -0.282 0.163 -0.163 0.282
Old 27th October 2006, 10:41   #137  |  Link
johnman

I have taken a look at the project and i really should have made more documentation. I have a little problem figuring it all out again and since i was busy with several things at once some functionallity doesn't work anymore so maybe i have to go back to the latest working release which is a real bummer since i came a long way with recording sound from the soundcard and vst's functionality and some other stuff .
Old 27th October 2006, 12:44   #138  |  Link
daphy
Miles Freak

Hiho,

Johnman, nice to see you back on this 'stage'
Old 8th November 2006, 13:11   #139  |  Link
johnman

Thank you daphy, nice to be back
I went deep into the code and i am almost back on track from where i left of some time ago.
Old 14th November 2006, 23:17   #140  |  Link
Robot

I’m hoping someone can help me with this problem.

I have a 6-channel PCM wav that I’m trying to turn into an ac3 file. The problem I’m having is with the channel mapping. I cannot figure out how to map them correctly for ac3. No matter what I do, I seem to either get the center channel switched with a rear channel or the left switched with the center, etc. It’s driving me nuts!

I’m using Wavewizard to re-map the channels from the wav file. The wav file was originally encoded from a 6-channel AAC file if that helps.

Thanks
Robot is offline   Reply With Quote