Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22nd October 2005, 16:51   #1  |  Link
xwings

Rip and Burn DL movie using MDS file

I've been told that DL Memorex media is no good but I gave it a try anyway and they were right.

I decrypted all my movies in ISO mode with MDS file and burn it with Verbatim DL media before and " the phantom of the opera " came out just as good as the original. Now with Memorex media, I can burn with no problem but it's the playback part that I'm having trouble with. The movie will freeze at the layer break and I have to hit skip couple more chapters to get passed that. If I don't picture will be pixellated after the layer switch chapter.

Now I want to experiment something different. DVD decrypter has an option where you can specify whrere the layer break is and enter that information in.
it's under Sectors in LO. Now, my question is. How do I locate the layer break on a disc ? so I can put it in manually. Can DVD decrypter tell you where the layer break is ? or there's a software that can detect that for you.

Thanks in advance.
xwings is offline   Reply With Quote