Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30th August 2014, 13:06   #1  |  Link
killerteengohan

Raising saturation without the colors messing up?

I have a source that the colors look very dull or washed out. I was going to increase it slightly by using Tweak(sat=1.05)

I noticed when using this though that on all the blacks or dark colors you can see green spots and or rainbow like colors showing up and moving around on the source. It seems to add a green tint to blacks. When I turn the tweak back off, the colors go back to normal.

This does this even if I raise the saturation even the smallest bit like tweak(sat=1.01) and its very visible and annoying.

Using a derainbow filter doesn't help at all. Is there an alternative method for increasing saturation using avisynth?

Heres screenshots of the issue I'm talking about. This scene isnt as washed out or dull as the other scenes I want to use tweak for but it shows what I'm talking about if you look at the black or darker colors like their shirt.

NO SATURATION INCREASE

WITH TWEAK SAT=1.04

NO SATURATION INCREASE

WITH TWEAK SAT=1.04

Last edited by killerteengohan; 30th August 2014 at 13:17.
killerteengohan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
color, rainbow, saturation, tweak