Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 21st August 2010, 18:54   #12261  |  Link
Alexander01

Correct color: Letterbox 16:9 unchecked and default output colorspaces settings checked. FFdshow output says YUY2
Bad color (too yellow): Letterbox 16:9 checked and default output colorspaces settings checked. FFdshow output says YUY2
Bad color (too yellow): Letterbox 16:9 checked and all output colorspaces unchecked except 'RGB32' and 'High YV12 to RGB conversion'. FFdshow output says RGB32
Bad color (too yellow): Letterbox 16:9 unchecked and all output colorspaces unchecked except 'RGB32' and 'High YV12 to RGB conversion'. FFdshow output says RGB32

Changing 'YCbCr' specification to 'ITU-R BT.709' also didn't help to get correct color with the last 3.

I'm using ffdshow 3533 and the Latest ATI Catalyst 10.7 with default settings. I had installed a previous of Catalyst before. I uninstalled it completely, then installed the newest one made sure all settings were set to default (I only unchecked the noise filtering).

Last edited by Alexander01; 21st August 2010 at 18:58.
Alexander01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2010, 09:20   #12262  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Hey,

while developing my new media splitter, i noticed that the ffdshow subtitle renderer doesn't properly deal with subs that are UTF-8 encoded.
I have a sample here thats a UTF-8 encoded ASS sub, and it shows broken characters for the unicode chars. It works fine with DirectVobSub.

I can provide the sample if required, but any non-english subs should eventually show the problem.

How does ffdshow expect the character data? I realize it works with other splitters, so i'm mostly wondering if you could fix that more easily then i can.
Any feedback on how to resolve this issue would be appreciated. Thanks!
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2010, 11:49   #12263  |  Link
STaRGaZeR
4:2:0 hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander01 View Post
Correct color: Letterbox 16:9 unchecked and default output colorspaces settings checked. FFdshow output says YUY2
Bad color (too yellow): Letterbox 16:9 checked and default output colorspaces settings checked. FFdshow output says YUY2
Bad color (too yellow): Letterbox 16:9 checked and all output colorspaces unchecked except 'RGB32' and 'High YV12 to RGB conversion'. FFdshow output says RGB32
Bad color (too yellow): Letterbox 16:9 unchecked and all output colorspaces unchecked except 'RGB32' and 'High YV12 to RGB conversion'. FFdshow output says RGB32

Changing 'YCbCr' specification to 'ITU-R BT.709' also didn't help to get correct color with the last 3.

I'm using ffdshow 3533 and the Latest ATI Catalyst 10.7 with default settings. I had installed a previous of Catalyst before. I uninstalled it completely, then installed the newest one made sure all settings were set to default (I only unchecked the noise filtering).
I can't reproduce, if you output RGB32 the ATI drivers don't touch the image (at least not for this). And ffdshow does the conversion based on the original video resolution, not after the resizing, so I always get the same output. Do you have Auto checked in the YCbCr spec?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Hey,

while developing my new media splitter, i noticed that the ffdshow subtitle renderer doesn't properly deal with subs that are UTF-8 encoded.
I have a sample here thats a UTF-8 encoded ASS sub, and it shows broken characters for the unicode chars. It works fine with DirectVobSub.

I can provide the sample if required, but any non-english subs should eventually show the problem.

How does ffdshow expect the character data? I realize it works with other splitters, so i'm mostly wondering if you could fix that more easily then i can.
Any feedback on how to resolve this issue would be appreciated. Thanks!
I have loads of MKVs with non english UTF-8 plain text subs (SRT) that work fine, can you post that sample?
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.
STaRGaZeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2010, 12:35   #12264  |  Link
Sebastiii

Hi

You can find it here :

http://www.mediafire.com/?it8cre6o5apb6nl

Cheers,
Seb.
Old 22nd August 2010, 13:07   #12265  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

I also sent you a pm with the sample, but yeah, thats the one.

Using LAVFSplitter i get corrupted glyphs in the first sub (Sub für Jap-dub [ger]). It works with DirectVobSub, but it also works with other splitters and ffdshow. So i guess it could be fixed on either end.
I would just need some insight on how to fix it, as i don't really have the time to dive into the ffdshow or directvobsub code.
Old 22nd August 2010, 14:30   #12266  |  Link
Alexander01

Quote:
Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR View Post
Do you have Auto checked in the YCbCr spec?
Yes. And I also tryed to set it to ITU-R BT.709, but it didn't helped.
Old 22nd August 2010, 15:10   #12267  |  Link
STaRGaZeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
I also sent you a pm with the sample, but yeah, thats the one.

Using LAVFSplitter i get corrupted glyphs in the first sub (Sub für Jap-dub [ger]). It works with DirectVobSub, but it also works with other splitters and ffdshow. So i guess it could be fixed on either end.
I would just need some insight on how to fix it, as i don't really have the time to dive into the ffdshow or directvobsub code.
Successful debug session, ffdshow enables its "utf8" flag when it detects MEDIASUBTYPE_SSA and another flag called "ismatroska" is set. "ismatroska" is set when one of these 3 filters are detected: Haali, MPC's internal MKV splitter or MPC's standalone MKV splitter. Just adding LAVFSplitter to the list fixes the issue, as utf8 is now true

Build: http://www.mediafire.com/?41clo6a849c3bld

BTW I've found something that may help you with the SSA fonts issue. Go to "SetMediaType" in TtextInputPin.cpp, line 78. What's this "extradata" stuff about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander01 View Post
Yes. And I also tryed to set it to ITU-R BT.709, but it didn't helped.
Setting it to 601 or 709 will just force one or another, your problem is that without lettebox it's using 601, and with letterbox 709 because of the new resolution. Either way I can't fix it since I can't reproduce it
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.
Old 22nd August 2010, 16:11   #12268  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
BTW I've found something that may help you with the SSA fonts issue. Go to "SetMediaType" in TtextInputPin.cpp, line 78. What's this "extradata" stuff about?
The extradata in SSA/ASS holds the style definition. But i believe i figured out how to do embedded fonts, i just need to work on extracting it from the mkv =)

Thanks for the quick fix!
Old 22nd August 2010, 16:13   #12269  |  Link
Sebastiii

Really great guys
Thanks.
Old 22nd August 2010, 16:41   #12270  |  Link
Alexander01

Quote:
Setting it to 601 or 709 will just force one or another, your problem is that without lettebox it's using 601, and with letterbox 709 because of the new resolution. Either way I can't fix it since I can't reproduce it
This week Catalyst 10.8 will be released, so i hope it will fix my issue. If not, my last chance would be a complete format/reinstall.

Last edited by Alexander01; 22nd August 2010 at 16:44.
Old 22nd August 2010, 19:02   #12271  |  Link
rack04

Has anyone noticed that installing ffdshow tryouts over an existing installation on Windows7 64bit Ultimate that the installer occasionally doesn't enable subtitles which was active in the existing installation?
rack04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 14:25   #12272  |  Link
Blight
Software Developer

Hi,
I have a bug to report:

When calling QueryInterface for "IID_IAMStreamSelect" on FFDShow's video decoder, subsequent calls to "IStreamSelect.Count(DWord variable)" raises an "EStackOverflow" exception. Tested with subtitles and without, makes no difference.
Tested with 32bit clsid build #3529
Old 23rd August 2010, 17:02   #12273  |  Link
STaRGaZeR

Does anybody have a sample with closed captions?
Old 23rd August 2010, 21:26   #12274  |  Link
Tom Keller

I can provide a DVD sample with closed captions:

http://www.mediafire.com/?f692suo3t606ju3
Tom Keller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 23:49   #12275  |  Link
STaRGaZeR

Thanks Tom, in this sample CCs can be turned on and off with the CCs option in the subs section. People reported that CCs were always shown regardless of the option, so I thought it happened on all sources. Any CC samples that have this bug?
Old 24th August 2010, 11:54   #12276  |  Link
clsid

The CC option itself works ok as far as I can remember. The problem/confusion was that it functions independently from the state of the global subtitle filter option.
Old 24th August 2010, 13:13   #12277  |  Link
STaRGaZeR

The global subtitle filter option also works with this one, do you have any of the problematic ones?
Old 27th August 2010, 17:34   #12278  |  Link
albain
Media Control author

Hi all,

I am back from holidays

I have just added support for cook audio decoding, let me know if there are issues. The decoder might not be as good as the one used by MPC : FFDshow uses ffmpeg, MPC uses Real's dlls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blight View Post
Hi,
I have a bug to report:

When calling QueryInterface for "IID_IAMStreamSelect" on FFDShow's video decoder, subsequent calls to "IStreamSelect.Count(DWord variable)" raises an "EStackOverflow" exception. Tested with subtitles and without, makes no difference.
Tested with 32bit clsid build #3529
Have you enabled internal filters to appear in the tray icon menu (in FFDShow video config / "tray,dialogs..." section, Add internal filters... checked ?) ?

For now I can't see how we would fall on an overflow
albain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2010, 18:47   #12279  |  Link
XhmikosR

@albain: thanks for adding support for COOK audio. Here are a few samples which don't play with the latest rev. Note that "pareme.rm" crashes mpc-hc pointing to libavcodec.dll.
Old 27th August 2010, 19:47   #12280  |  Link
clsid

Great work Albain!

I have noticed one problem. The audio is messed up after seeking in a RealMedia video. It sounds like the audio samples are decoded in the wrong order. Without performing a seek the audio plays fine.

Tags
ffdshow, ffdshow tryouts, ffdshow-mt, ffplay, icl