Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 24th January 2017, 20:58   #3021  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

@Mister XY

I apologize for the delay, unfortunately I have very little time for AV stuff in these days. But do not give up, I will try to come back with a reply asap.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
MrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2017, 21:31   #3022  |  Link
Mister XY

Ah thanks for the info.
Mister XY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2017, 23:11   #3023  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

A new Alpha release is available to download.

Change log:

- Some bugs fixed
- Added '-filter:v "setpts=x*PTS"' command flag to FFmpeg Safe Mode video encoding routine in case of PAL SpeedUp or NTSC SlowDown
- Improved troubleshooting of mscomctl.ocx file missing or broken
- LAV Filters updated to release 0.69
- FFMpegSource plugin updated to release 2.22 r1140 (C plugin)

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 3rd February 2017, 12:36   #3024  |  Link
manolito

Mille Grazie for the new version...

Did some comprehensive tests, works beautifully:

Mister XY will be happy to hear that chapters in HEVC sources are now recognized correctly.

SpeedUp and SpeedDown when using FFmpeg safe mode now work nicely for both audio and video (Neat trick modifying the vdeo time stamps. I was looking for something like AssumeFPS in FFmpeg without success).

I could not test the new safeguards for mscomctl.ocx because I never had any problems.

The new alpha still comes with a slightly damaged German language file. The correct file is still here:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...01#post1790801

Thanks again
Cheers
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2017, 15:29   #3025  |  Link
manolito

And here comes a new version of my Plugins for AVStoDVD...

This time only the Wavi_Mod plugin was updated. No new functionality, I just replaced Aften with FFmpeg for the final encode to AC3.

The only reason was that all the audio experts agree that the AC3 encoder in FFmpeg delivers better quality than Aften. I am not sure if the difference is audible, but whatever, in AVStoDVD we always aim for the highest quality, right?

I took great care to make sure that large 6-ch audio files where the size of the intermediate WAV file is > 4GB are supported. Thanks to tebasuna51 for providing essential help.

Download here:
Link removed, get the file here:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...13#post1801413

Cheers
manolito

Last edited by manolito; 19th March 2017 at 16:36.
Old 3rd February 2017, 19:17   #3026  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Thanks manolito for the plugins package update and for the German lang file. I had alreday downloaded it, but never copied from Download folder to A2D Lang folder... my bad...

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 2nd March 2017, 10:40   #3027  |  Link
ChickenMan

Gi'day Manolito, great to see your still active here old friend

I recently had to convert a few AVI's to DVD and decided I had better install something to do it. Now on Win10 x64 all my old stuff no longer works. So upgraded my old installation of AVS2DVD to the latest, fixed the mscomctl.ocx registration and did my first conversion, well for a very long time, avi to dvd. All went well as expected, so thanks MrC for continuing to support the program.

Cheers,
cm
Old 3rd March 2017, 00:24   #3028  |  Link
manolito

Hey ChickenMan,

good to see you again after a long time (last time we talked was in 2014, and before this in 2010)...

We do go back a long time, I remember you had published a tutorial for DVD2SVCD on another forum (defunkt now, I even forgot the name). This was when I just started with conversions to SVCD (DVD burners were not even available at this time). Man, we've gotten old...

I still have DVD2SVCD on my machine, but not really using it. Generally the DVD format seems to fade quickly, I myself do not use it any more. I used to burn my TV captures to DVD for a long time, but this became unmanageable for the sheer number of disks. I now convert everything to AVC / AAC and copy it to an external HDD, I got a little streaming box (Xtreamer Sidewinder) to watch the stuff. And right now even AVC looks out of fashion, everybody seems to use HEVC.

But yes, AVStoDVD is still fun, I hope that MrC will stick with it for a while. I am also a little bit involved in DVDStyler. My little FFmpeg VBR plugin got so popular over there that Mr. Thuering (the author) decided to integrate it transparently into his software. Now DVDStyler in addition to elaborate menu creation can also do high quality FFmpeg based transcodings.

All my best wishes to you...
Cheers
manolito

Last edited by manolito; 3rd March 2017 at 00:26.
Old 3rd March 2017, 02:10   #3029  |  Link
ChickenMan

Good to hear from you Manolito Arr... yes the good old DVD2SVCD days at CDFreaks back in the early days of this century Now I'm really starting to feel old !!!!

Like yourself and the low price of hard drive space now compared to those days, its much easier to store your files on a HD and stream them to the TV. Or just get Netflix's or similar

Nowadays I spend more of my time involved with the retro computer, Aussie designed & built Microbee.

Keep up the good work

Cheers,
cm
Old 3rd March 2017, 07:58   #3030  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenMan View Post
Arr... yes the good old DVD2SVCD days at CDFreaks back in the early days of this century Now I'm really starting to feel old !!!!
You remember this one?
http://forum.dvdrbase.info/threads/2...r-DVD-to-DVD±R
Old 3rd March 2017, 08:36   #3031  |  Link
ChickenMan

DVDRBase, oh yes, the forum Woody & I started back in 2001. I dont believe it, those tutes are still there !! I dont believe the Forum is still there as well !!!

How things have changed over the years though, we now have the all in one programs, you just install, load in file and click GO ! No fun in that, but we had lots of fun back in those days

Last edited by ChickenMan; 3rd March 2017 at 10:00.
ChickenMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2017, 16:34   #3032  |  Link
manolito

Updated versions of my AVStoDVD plugins:

Changes:

In HCenc_Mod and FFmpeg_VBR you can now add parameters to the AviSynth resizer commands.

Example:
You want to use BlackmanResize, but always with the "taps=5" parameter. Instead of editing the AVS script for every source you can now force using this parameter all the time.

Bug fix for the Wavi_Mod plugin:
If the AVStoDVD temp folder or output folder had spaces in their names, the folder would not be recognized.

Download:
Link removed, see the next post...

Cheers
manolito

Last edited by manolito; 20th March 2017 at 16:56.
Old 20th March 2017, 16:53   #3033  |  Link
manolito

Another new version...

While I already was at manipulating the A2D AviSynth script, I decided to take it one step further. Now it is possible to inject your own custom AVS commands into the script. These commands will be imported into the script right after the "ConvertToYV12()" command.

Of course all the filters you call with this method must be present in your "AviSynth\Plugins" folder. And there is one drawback:

The A2D preview will not honor those additional filters. As a workaround you can start the encode and pause it immediately (for FFmpeg press the "Pause" button on the keyboard, in HCenc press the "Suspend" button). Then go to your AVStoDVD Temp folder in Explorer and open the AVS file in a DirectShow media player like MPC or WMP.

Download:
//Link removed//

Cheers
manolito

//EDIT//
Improved filtering of interlaced sources using JDL_UnfoldFieldsVertical and JDL_FoldFieldsVertical by Stickboy. Needs jdl-interlace.avsi and jdl-util.avsi from here: http://www.avisynth.nl/users/stickboy/
Switching to interlaced mode will be automatic

Please redownload...

Last edited by manolito; 4th April 2017 at 23:31.
Old 4th April 2017, 23:30   #3034  |  Link
manolito

And another new version of my plugin pack for AVStoDVD:

Until now the Wavi_Mod plugin required that the AVStoDVD executable had to patched. This was very clumsy, and some users had problems with this requirement. So I decided to revamp Wavi_Mod so patching is no longer necessary...

Until now I had hacked Wavi.exe to access the parameters issued by AVStoDVD. I moved this to FFmpeg.exe, so now in order to invoke the plugin the audio conversion method must be set to "FFmpeg (AviSynth)" instead of the previous "Wavi + Aften".

Everything else stays the same, there is no new functionality. The "hacked" FFmpeg.exe now works for both FFmpeg_VBR and for Wavi_Mod.

Before installing the new version of Wavi_Mod please uninstall the previous version. Also make sure to replace the patched "AVStoDVD.exe" with the original unpatched version.

Download from here:
Link removed, get it here:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...55#post1814855

Cheers
manolito

Last edited by manolito; 26th December 2017 at 21:05.
Old 8th April 2017, 22:31   #3035  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Just released 2.8.6 Final. No significant changes from latest Alpha, except there's the Installer package.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 9th April 2017, 12:59   #3036  |  Link
manolito

Old 11th August 2017, 10:44   #3037  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

AVStoDVD release 2.8.7 Alpha 170810 is available

Changes log:

- Some bugs fixed
- Added support to WebM files (*.webm) as input files, subset of Matroska
- Added warning messages when AVC/AAC title is added and Microsoft DTV-DVD decoders are default codecs
- Added a warning message when input title has a DVD compliant audio track with delay, to force audio re-encode
- Added check of .NET Framework 2 presence in 'Preferences'/'System'/'Software Info'
- Revised video encoder smart selection rationale: no more HCenc VBR 1-pass for multicore CPUs
- Improved handling of "non-mod4" interlaced sources within the AviSynth script generation routine
- LAV Filters updated to release 0.70.2

It is an Alpha release, please advise if you get problems with the new (and old ) features.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 11th August 2017, 16:09   #3038  |  Link
manolito

Thanks for the new Alpha...

Works nicely here, I found just one minor thing:
For some reason the older slightly broken version of my German language file found its way into the Alpha. The version in the stable version 2.8.6 is the correct one.

Cheers
manolito
Old 12th August 2017, 15:45   #3039  |  Link
manolito

Here comes a new version of my plugin package for AVStoDVD:

Only the FFmpeg VBR plugin is affected. After MrC changed this in the latest Alpha:
Quote:
Revised video encoder smart selection rationale: no more HCenc VBR 1-pass for multicore CPUs
I decided to bring the FFmpeg VBR behavior more in line with the HCenc behavior. It works like this:

Like for HCenc the different encoding modes are automatically selected depending on the video bitrate. The bitrate thresholds are stored in the Registry, and the ff_vbr plugin uses these values just like HCenc. It also uses the High Quality parameters which can be turned on under "Preferences".

The difference to HCenc is that there is an additional "Extreme High Quality" mode which only kicks in if the bitrate goes below the Extreme HQ threshold (can be edited in the batch file) AND the FFmpeg HQ mode is activated.

Of course these automatic mode decisions can be overturned by forcing certain encoding and HQ modes (can be turned on by editing the batch file).

All in all this makes the plugin behavior more consistent with the A2D behavior for HCenc so it is more powerful and also less confusing than it was before.

Another change is that the plugin mode is now shown in the title bar of the encoding window. This kind of makes up for the still missing separate VBR encoding log.

Download here:
https://files.videohelp.com/u/172211...D%20Plugins.7z

Cheers
manolito

//EDIT//
Quote:
This kind of makes up for the still missing separate VBR encoding log.
No longer true...
The latest version of the FFmpeg_VBR plugin now creates a separate log file in the A2D output folder. Please redownload if you want this feature.

//EDIT2//
Adapted the plugins to the latest AVStoDVD Alpha 171109. The DSS2Mod patch was removed since the latest Alpha uses DSS2Mod by default. Also improved the documentation.

Last edited by manolito; 26th December 2017 at 21:04.
Old 13th August 2017, 14:23   #3040  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Thanks manolito for the new plugin update and for the German language file advise.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum