Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 18th July 2012, 15:40   #2061  |  Link
8ternity

Hi Mrc,

I've start a little bit French Translation. I'm not to much developped but here snapshot of test with 2.5.0 beta rev.

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/r...10h34_10-1.jpg
Old 20th July 2012, 14:32   #2062  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

@8ternity

génial! Go ahead! Thanks a lot.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
MrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2012, 14:34   #2063  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

New 2.5.0 alpha release is available.

Cumulative change list from 2.4.2:

- Some bugs fixed
- Added Quick StartUp Tutorial to setup main AVStoDVD preferences
- Added possibility to customize GUI language. Support to create translation ini files is welcome!
- Added support to HCenc *ZONE command (to increase or lower bitrate for parts of the video)
- Added 160 kbps as supported bitrate for MP2 and AC3 audio encoding
- Added 160 kbps to DVD compliant audio bitrates list for MP2 and AC3
- Added 'Set encoding Priority' in 'Preferences'/'Misc'
- Added 'Encoding Window Style' in 'Preferences'/'Misc'
- Added Preferences Paths integrity check at startup
- Added question messages (Yes/No) with automatic default reply at runtime
- Added 'Seek Chapters' option in 'Title Edit'/'Chapters'
- Added AviSynth library 'Downmix.avsi' (thanks to tebasuna51)
- Removed 'Display errors messages at runtime' option in 'Preferences'/'Misc'
- Replaced 'Keep DVD Compliant Video/Audio' with 'Video/Audio Direct Stream Copy' in 'Title Edit'
- Improved FrameRate detection routine with MediaInfo
- Improved support to SubStation Alpha subtitles (ssa/ass)
- Improved 'Fix SRT' routine for authored subtitles
- Improved audio channels downmix routine
- MuxMan updated to 0.16.8
- FFmpeg updated to N-35509
- MediaInfo updated to 0.7.57

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 20th July 2012, 17:12   #2064  |  Link
Pawpcorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawpcorn View Post
OMG I can't believe I NEVER NOTICED this series of menus before!!!! Oh man......!!!!!!

I'm so glad I wrote you! This last project almost "did me in'!!!

I looks exactly like what I needed to do all along, (almost like the menus were written for my exact problem and frustration!) and I am flabbergasted and speechless!!! Words fail me! {which is rare!} hahhaaha

I haven't tried the new menus yet, but I WILL, soon, in the next few days, and I'll get back to you with the results!

Thanks for the kind words and the advice on how to control this size/bitrate business!!!

Take care,
Gerald
Hello again Mr.C !
Can you stand receiving some TOTALLY positive feedback, without a single complaint??? hahahaha... here goes ! This Week's DVD project, with SIX Menu Items!

Using your "Edit Titles" series of menus I was able to fine-tune this project to be able to cram in about 5 hours of material, maintaining [in the two versions of Main Movie] a Bits/(Pixel*Frame) value of over 0.2 (considered the benchmark for very high quality) PLUS include a 45 minute OST Music CD (static video slide) with the movie music pieces, all set up with customized chapters for every music piece.

I DID have to repeat the entire process of building the DVD about a dozen times, primarily (but see my question below too) because I needed to push the envelope as to squeezing as many bytes as possible onto this DVD, since it contained SO MUCH DATA, and I am a stickler about maintaining high quality video.

I ended up manually setting every bit rate, setting 103% (of normal DVD size) estimated, to get just under 100% resultant size, after the VBR 2 pass compression schemes were run.

All in all... I'm VERY happy with the results; I think you gave us ALL the handles we could possibly require to customize every possible technical aspect of the DVD, and I really admire that design approach (with successful program performance) that you achieved.

As an aside, (and NOT a complaint(!) ) but a technical curiosity, I DO have a question about video compression when the source material is simply a single slide, ie, the OST video. ALL the other videos presented no problems and no surprises.

If you can fill in any of the missing (or faulty) logic, information, or tell me about techniques that may be available, I'd appreciate it.

Here goes: (for some reason, probably compression technique differences) I had to spec the bit rate of the OST slide to over twice the bit rate value I used with the original Xvid 2pass codec, or the resultant video image was too deteriorated.

Here's a screen capture of the OST slide (with 295 bit rate Xvid encoding; quality deemed satisfactory); the black borders are all part of the video image (ie the slide is not full screen)

Here's a screen capture of the resultant DVD (using Henc 1 pass, 750 bit rate, .m2v file about twice size the original Xvid, quality... "OK", ie a little quality loss.)

I'm sure a static slide running for 45 minutes has it's own unique demands, but considering that there's not a single "scene change" with a static slide... needing a bit rate of about 700, with either encoder in AVS2DVD to maintain quality, when it worked with 300 as an Xvid AVI has me mystified.

I'm thinking that maybe I need to slow down just how often the static video image is "refreshed". Then, maybe, the bit rate could be lower?

But I have no idea if it's even possible to change the frequency with which the image is forcibly refreshed, or if this even has anything to do with my needing over twice the Xvid bit rate, when encoding a static slide video.

Any ideas on this?

I DID just get the idea that maybe I should have tried encoding the original Xvid OST video at a rather HIGH bit rate... start out with EXCELLENT video quality, and then see how low I can push the Henc Bit Rate, to end up with "satisfactory" results.

Incidently, I KNOW the two screen shots above are of poor quality, but in as it's just music, I really didn't care about quality, past being able to read the song titles.

Here's an example of the actual MOVIE on the DVD: DVD Screen Capture

Thanks again for your superior program!
Gerald
Pawpcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2012, 17:31   #2065  |  Link
Pawpcorn

Thanks for the new version! Already installed!

I posted a notice on the 1080ip web site I belong to, urging a donation, here: http://1080ip.com/forums/thread-7656-1-1.html

Last edited by Pawpcorn; 21st July 2012 at 01:36.
Old 21st July 2012, 09:37   #2066  |  Link
Sparktank
47.952fps@71.928Hz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post
New 2.5.0 alpha release is available.
- Added support to HCenc *ZONE command (to increase or lower bitrate for parts of the video)
- Added Preferences Paths integrity check at startup
- Added question messages (Yes/No) with automatic default reply at runtime
- Added AviSynth library 'Downmix.avsi' (thanks to tebasuna51)
- Replaced 'Keep DVD Compliant Video/Audio' with 'Video/Audio Direct Stream Copy' in 'Title Edit'
- FFmpeg updated to N-35509
Looking forward to testing this out. Been so happy so far with the recent alpha's.

Out of curiosity, the FFmpeg you are updating, are they still the Sherpya sources?
There hasn't been a compiled update pushed out yet. But updates to the sources have been constant as of late.
I was curious about it the last time you pushed an Alpha release with an FFmpeg update.

Will report any hiccups
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 @3.4GHz (6c/12th, I'm on AVX2 now!)
Sparktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2012, 20:55   #2067  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

@Pawpcorn

you really cannot demand too much from mpeg2 compression. Probably you can play with some HCenc adv settings, like Lumgain (for dark scenes/pictures) or matrixes, but below 1000 kbps avg mpeg2 has too much hard time.

Thanks for the kind words and for the 1080ip.com support. It is very appreciated!

@Sparktank

yes, I have always used Sherpya win builds. No big issues, good reliability. Probably not a lightning about new sources embedding, but, you know, ffmpeg usage in AVStoDVD is very limited (AC3 encoding, BMP output, video/audio demuxing).

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 26th July 2012, 10:30   #2068  |  Link
Pawpcorn

How to get sound on multi-title menu?

Hi, Mr.C! Any tips as to if it's possible, and, if so, the steps involved in adding some sound to the menu (motion, 27 seconds)?

Thanks!
Gerald
Old 26th July 2012, 19:52   #2069  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawpcorn View Post
Any tips as to if it's possible, and, if so, the steps involved in adding some sound to the menu (motion, 27 seconds)?
From 'Menu Wizard', toggle on 'Enable Bacground Audio' form 'Template' tab. Then in 'Menu Editor', 'Edit Mode', select your audio file from 'Audio'.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 27th July 2012, 05:40   #2070  |  Link
Pawpcorn

Quote:
From 'Menu Wizard', toggle on 'Enable Bacground Audio' form 'Template' tab. Then in 'Menu Editor', 'Edit Mode', select your audio file from 'Audio'.

Bye
Gotcha there; I now understand it needs to be a separate audio file, thanks for the pointer!

Another question, is there any way to beef up the sensitivity of the "Seek Chapters" function in "Title Edit", Chapters?
It only found 6 significant scene changes in "Little Miss Sunshine" movie...

Thanks again!
Gerald
Old 27th July 2012, 15:19   #2071  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

The rationale to have a scene change in "Seek Chapters" is very simple: a black screen for more than 1 second.

But I'm open to suggestion how to improve it. Feasible suggestions, of course...

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 27th July 2012, 19:29   #2072  |  Link
Pawpcorn

Quote:
The rationale to have a scene change in "Seek Chapters" is very simple: a black screen for more than 1 second.

But I'm open to suggestion how to improve it. Feasible suggestions, of course...

Bye
I understand the rationale, and the method makes good sense.

My suggestion, then, would be to allow the user specify how many milliseconds of black qualified as a "Scene Change". Would that be feasible?

If I were able set a shorter duration to qualify as a scene change, in this last project, I'm sure I would have had much more than the 6 scene changes that were found, with the default >1 second threshold.

Thanks!
Gerald
Old 27th July 2012, 23:58   #2073  |  Link
fantasmanegro

hi!

if i do:

1) set HCEnc matrix to NOTCH
2) save as HCenc defaults
3) set Auto video Setup to "CHECKED"

does any body knows if AVStoDVD uses NOTCH MATRIX for ENCODING or it USES the "AUTO" one?...
fantasmanegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2012, 00:07   #2074  |  Link
Sparktank
47.952fps@71.928Hz

as apposed to seconds, I would suggest frames, perhaps?
Although, sometimes blank screens are part of the artistic approach where dialog takes over.

Perhaps some sort of integrity of the degree of blank frames VS. a certain audio decibel level?

That might cause too many options. Maybe set it to only 3 varying levels of decibel levels to structure the seek algorithms?

This will require more research. I wonder if I can find any documents on how other programs currently determine the sensitivity of blank frames for a valid scene change...
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 @3.4GHz (6c/12th, I'm on AVX2 now!)
Sparktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2012, 20:19   #2075  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

@fantasmanegro

matrix will come back to default MPEG. By you can change the default matrix to NOTCH just in HCenc advanced option window.

@Pawpcorn, Sparktank

please continue to elaborate more effective strategies for chapters detection. Just remember that I have to operate within AviSynth and/or FFmpeg commands domains, thus the strategies must be supported by one of those apps.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 29th July 2012, 20:53   #2076  |  Link
fantasmanegro

thank you very much!
fantasmanegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2012, 14:13   #2077  |  Link
8ternity

Hi Mrc, I had found an issue with the version 2.5.0 alpha 120621;

When delete a media into the source title; i've gor two errors, one after the other and AVStoDVD crashed.

im with a partial French translation; dont know if it's matter.

Errors is:
Error 5
Invalid procedure call or armunent.

and

Run-time error '5':
Invalid procedure call or argument

and application crashed.

Can you help me with that? I know it does that on all king of medias. It's when i want to delete a media sources from the list that it does that.

8ternity
Old 3rd August 2012, 05:42   #2078  |  Link
Pawpcorn

Quote:
@Pawpcorn, Sparktank

please continue to elaborate more effective strategies for chapters detection. Just remember that I have to operate within AviSynth and/or FFmpeg commands domains, thus the strategies must be supported by one of those apps.

Bye
OK; can you give me which commands you're currently employing to find 1 second of black video? Starting with that, I can try to study the commands / command structure available, and see if I can come up with something.
Thanks!
Old 4th August 2012, 13:55   #2079  |  Link
hlrsnd

Hello,

I use this great program occasionally to burn DVDs of my own camera mjpeg videos which are edited together as Avisynth scripts. Unfortunately I have somehow broken it since I last used it in August 2011. It no longer recognizes .avs files; something about an error in line 76. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Avisynth, ffdshow, and AVStoDVD versions 2.4.1 and 2.4.2. Nothing worked. Edit: no problems recognizing the mjpeg avi files without the Avisynth scripts.

As a test I tried installing Avisynth, ffdshow, and AVStoDVD version 2.4.2 on an older PC which had none of these installed previously. AVStoDVD recognized the Avisynth scripts perfectly as it had in the past on the newer PC.

Any suggestions? Registry editing?

Last edited by hlrsnd; 4th August 2012 at 16:43. Reason: Added additional information
hlrsnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 00:42   #2080  |  Link
8ternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrsnd View Post
Hello,

I use this great program occasionally to burn DVDs of my own camera mjpeg videos which are edited together as Avisynth scripts. Unfortunately I have somehow broken it since I last used it in August 2011. It no longer recognizes .avs files; something about an error in line 76. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Avisynth, ffdshow, and AVStoDVD versions 2.4.1 and 2.4.2. Nothing worked. Edit: no problems recognizing the mjpeg avi files without the Avisynth scripts.

As a test I tried installing Avisynth, ffdshow, and AVStoDVD version 2.4.2 on an older PC which had none of these installed previously. AVStoDVD recognized the Avisynth scripts perfectly as it had in the past on the newer PC.

Any suggestions? Registry editing?
Had you updated any component for another software (AviSynth, ffdslow, etc.) ?

I suggest to download latest requirement softwares here:
ffdshow | http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffds...d.exe/download

AviSynth 2.5.8 | http://sourceforge.net/projects/avisynth2/

Reboot after that, and retry.

Please, also post an log file of AVStoDVD; and the mediainfo of the source file that you were trying to convert.