Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 13th December 2017, 17:19   #3061  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Hotfix 171212 for release 2.8.7 Alpha is available.

It solves the 2 bugs reported by manolito.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
MrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2017, 17:18   #3062  |  Link
manolito

Yes, works beautifully...

Now just apply the translated strings to the DS filter setup window, and you have a new stable version...

Thanks and Cheers
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2017, 13:48   #3063  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Yes, agreed. Thanks for the feedback!

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 15th December 2017, 14:50   #3064  |  Link
manolito

Damn, I spoke too soon...

Just found another issue with highlight colors for the menus. I only tested the "Menu in Black" and the "Blue Rain" template. I chose "Text based, 4:3, Static", the HL colors are yellow for selection and red for playback.

The colors I get are different. It is Red for selection and some other very bright color for playback. I tried all my software players (PowerDVD, MPC-HC and VLC) and also my old and trusted Cyberhome standalone DVD player. The colors are the same with all the players.

The relevant settings are here:
http://www85.zippyshare.com/v/uf1ZfUh4/file.html

This issue probably has been there for a while. I rarely use menus with A2D at all, so I never noticed it.

Cheers
manolito

//EDIT//
Did a couple more tests on this issue...
It doesn't matter which template I select, if I choose Static or Motion, 16:9 or 4:3, Text Based or Thumbnails in the Menu Layout window. The result is always the same: The selected colors for Selection and Play are ignored.

Last edited by manolito; 16th December 2017 at 15:07.
Old 20th December 2017, 16:34   #3065  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Thanks manolito for the new report. I will check what's broken.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 7th January 2018, 15:33   #3066  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

To optimize the subtitles colors I had modified the default DVD palette, which is used also by BatchMux/Muxman to assign the colors to menu highlights.

To fix that, I have completely redefined also the Selection/Play colors list, taken from \AVStoDVD\Menu\HL Colors folders.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum

Last edited by MrC; 7th January 2018 at 15:36.
Old 7th January 2018, 15:35   #3067  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

A new 2.8.7 Alpha release is out.

Cumulative changes log from 2.8.6:

- Some bugs fixed
- Added AviSynth plugin DSS2mod to replace DirectShowSource for video frame serving in 'A2DSource.avsi' script
- Added support to WebM files (*.webm) as input files, subset of Matroska
- Added warning messages when AVC/AAC title is added and Microsoft DTV-DVD decoders are default codecs
- Added a warning message when input title has a DVD compliant audio track with delay, to force audio re-encode
- Added check of .NET Framework 2 presence in 'Preferences'/'System'/'Software Info'
- Added BDSup2Sub 5.1.2 to improve bitmap-based subs handling (resize and resync). It requires Java Runtime Environment
- Added check of Java Runtime Environment presence in 'Preferences'/'System'/'Software Info'
- Added 'Smart Selection' option to 'Preferences'/'AviSynth'/'Hard FrameRate Conversion' option (see Help section for more details)
- Added AviSynth script 'MCJMFPS.avsi' for hard fps conversions (thanks to johnmeier and manolito from doom9)
- Dropped AviSynth script 'MotionProtectedFPS.avsi' for hard fps conversions, mainly due to edge artifacts
- Revised other 'Preferences'/'AviSynth'/'Hard FrameRate Conversion' option labels
- Revised video encoder smart selection rationale: no more HCenc VBR 1-pass for multicore CPUs
- Revised DVD Menu Highlight colors list (Selection and Play). Now they replicate default DVD palette used in AVStoDVD.
- Improved support of VobSub subtitles: resize and resync from BD sources is now implemented with BDSup2Sub
- Improved handling of "non-mod4" interlaced sources within the AviSynth script generation routine
- Spun off Preferred DirectShow Codecs Tool in a separate executable file 'A2DCodecs.exe'
- Removed 'Execute AVStoDVD with Elevated Privileges' option in 'Preferences'/'Misc'
- LAV Filters updated to release 0.70.2
- AVSMeter updated to release 2.6.5

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 8th January 2018, 05:49   #3068  |  Link
manolito

Yes, beautiful, grazie mille...

As usual I could not test if the subtitle colors have survived the fix for the menu highlight colors, but the menu colors sure do work correctly now. And the Preferred DS Codecs setup is translated now. Looks like a candidate for the next stable build to me.

BTW (even if it is a little late) a Happy New Year to all of you guys (and girls)...

Cheers
manolito

Last edited by manolito; 8th January 2018 at 05:52.
Old 8th January 2018, 11:07   #3069  |  Link
manolito

Just a quick question about the mscomctl_reg.bat in the AVStoDVD\Lib folder for users of the noinstall version:

I noticed that you added a new version of this batch file which first checks if the OS is 32-bit or 64-bit and then unregisters/reregisters the OCX file in the appropriate folder. The older version of the batch file just blindly used the OCX file in the AVStoDVD\lib folder.

Could there be a conflict for users of the noinstall version if the VB runtimes have never been installed before? This would mean that the file MSCOMCTL.OCX would not be present neither in System32 nor in SysWOW64. So the batch file would fail unregistering/reregistering the file. Shouldn't the OCX file from the AVStoDVD\Lib folder first be copied to the appropriate system folder before trying to unregister/register it if it is not already present in this folder? So the batch file should look like this:
Quote:
@echo OFF
setlocal

reg Query "HKLM\Hardware\Description\System\CentralProcessor\0" | find /i "x86" > NUL && set OS=32BIT || set OS=64BIT

if %OS%==32BIT set syswindir=%windir%\System32
if %OS%==64BIT set syswindir=%windir%\SysWOW64

IF NOT EXIST %syswindir%\mscomctl.ocx COPY mscomctl.ocx %syswindir%

regsvr32 /u %syswindir%\mscomctl.ocx
regsvr32 %syswindir%\mscomctl.ocx

Cheers
manolito

Last edited by manolito; 8th January 2018 at 11:14.
Old 8th January 2018, 17:50   #3070  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Good question, manolito. The scenario is complicated by Win7/8/10.

If you run the batch file without elevation, then the command to copy the ocx into the system folder will fail and the regsvr32 registration process will fail as well.

If you run the batch file elevated (run as admin), then regsrv32 is executed, but the command prompt will start from %windir%\System32 and the copy command will not work because you lose the starting folder info.

In the mscomctl.ocx section of the readme.txt file I have inserted the note to manually copy the mscomctl.ocx file to %syswindir%, then to run the mscomctl_reg.bat file

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 9th January 2018, 07:27   #3071  |  Link
manolito

Thanks MrC for the detailed explanation...

But I found that some things are a little different.

First of all the way to check if the current OS is 32-bit or 64- bit is a hack (which does work though...).

The reg key "HKLM\Hardware\Description\System\CentralProcessor\0" returns the hardware CPU properties, not the installed OS properties. I tested it under a 64-bit CPU with Win7-32bit installed, and yes, the reg entry does have "x86" in it. Having Win7-64bit installed under the same CPU there is no "x86" string in this reg key. So the routine does work, but it is not very clean.

And I also tested my modified "mscomctl_reg.bat" under Win7, and it did work without problems. Of course I always work under the main admin account, and one of the first things after installing Win7 is always to disable UAC. Double-Clicking the batch file in Explorer (after deleting the already present OCX file in the SysWOW64 folder) resulted in copying the OCX file from the A2D\Lib folder to SysWOW64 and registering it without any problems.

But of course other users will have set up their OS differently, and someone who prefers the noinstall version will most likely have the knowledge to get the mscomctl.ocx registered...

Cheers
manolito
Old 10th January 2018, 04:46   #3072  |  Link
manolito

RE: mscomctl_reg.bat

Alright, I agree that turning off UAC completely may be a bit much for the average user (although I am a big fan of it)...

I made a new version of mscomctl_reg.bat which should overcome the issues (Stackoverflow is your friend...)

Code:
@ECHO OFF
SETLOCAL
REG ADD HKLM /F>nul 2>&1
IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO noAdmin

SET Lib_DRIVE=%~d0
SET Lib_PATH=%~p0
%Lib_DRIVE%
CD "%Lib_PATH%"

REG QUERY "HKLM\Hardware\Description\System\CentralProcessor\0" | FIND /i "x86" > NUL && SET OS=32BIT || SET OS=64BIT

IF %OS%==32BIT SET syswindir=%windir%\System32
IF %OS%==64BIT SET syswindir=%windir%\SysWOW64

IF NOT EXIST "%syswindir%\mscomctl.ocx" COPY mscomctl.ocx "%syswindir%"

regsvr32 /u "%syswindir%\mscomctl.ocx"
regsvr32 "%syswindir%\mscomctl.ocx"
GOTO :EOF

:noAdmin
ECHO This script must run with elevated privileges, so:
ECHO.
ECHO   right click on it, choose "run as administrator"
ENDLOCAL
ECHO.
ECHO.
ECHO.
PAUSE
Tested under WinXP and Win7 64-bit with UAC ON and UAC OFF. Works well, no idea about Win8 or Win10 though...

It won't help if a previous broken or incompatible mscomctl.ocx is present. In this case the suggestions in the A2D help file need to be applied.

BTW if you are gearing up for the next stable version please consider using the latest ffms2 by qyot27 from here:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...61#post1829061

Cheers
manolito

Last edited by manolito; 10th January 2018 at 12:19.
Old 10th January 2018, 22:00   #3073  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Thanks manolito for the upgrade to the batch file, brilliant! I confirm it works well under Win10 64bit UAC on. I will add to the final 2.8.7 package. Another credit to you

I will have a look also to latest qyot27 ffms2 release. Thanks.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 21st January 2018, 17:04   #3074  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Release 2.8.7 Final is out.

Cumulative change log from 2.8.6:

- Added AviSynth plugin DSS2mod to replace DirectShowSource for video frame serving in 'A2DSource.avsi' script
- Added support to WebM files (*.webm) as input files, subset of Matroska
- Added warning messages when AVC/AAC title is added and Microsoft DTV-DVD decoders are default codecs
- Added a warning message when input title has a DVD compliant audio track with delay, to force audio re-encode
- Added check of .NET Framework 2 presence in 'Preferences'/'System'/'Software Info'
- Added BDSup2Sub 5.1.2 to improve bitmap-based subs handling (resize and resync). It requires Java Runtime Environment
- Added check of Java Runtime Environment presence in 'Preferences'/'System'/'Software Info'
- Added 'Smart Selection' option to 'Preferences'/'AviSynth'/'Hard FrameRate Conversion' option (see Help section for more details)
- Added AviSynth script 'MCJMFPS.avsi' for hard fps conversions (thanks to johnmeier and manolito from doom9)
- Dropped AviSynth script 'MotionProtectedFPS.avsi' for hard fps conversions, mainly due to edge artifacts
- Revised other 'Preferences'/'AviSynth'/'Hard FrameRate Conversion' option labels
- Revised video encoder smart selection rationale: no more HCenc VBR 1-pass for multicore CPUs
- Revised DVD Menu Highlight colors list (Selection and Play). Now they replicate default DVD palette used in AVStoDVD.
- Revised 'Force FFmpeg when temp WAV is > 4GB' in 'Preferences'/'Audio' rationale: now it is applied also for 1.0/2.0 channels tracks longer than 3 hours
- Improved support of VobSub subtitles: resize and resync from BD sources is now implemented with BDSup2Sub
- Improved handling of "non-mod4" interlaced sources within the AviSynth script generation routine
- Spun off Preferred DirectShow Codecs Tool in a separate executable file 'A2DCodecs.exe'
- Removed 'Execute AVStoDVD with Elevated Privileges' option in 'Preferences'/'Misc'
- LAV Filters updated to release 0.70.2
- AVSMeter updated to release 2.6.5
- FFMpegSource plugin updated to release 2.22 r1293+111 (C plugin)

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 22nd January 2018, 12:21   #3075  |  Link
manolito

Beautiful, works like a charm...

Cheers
manolito

//EDIT//
I just noticed that my plugin versions you are hosting at SourceForge are getting a little old...
I do update the plugins regularly, and I started uploading them to VideoHelp because they do not delete the files after some time. I always publish the current link in this post:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...58#post1814958

Maybe you could just publish the URL of this post at SourceForge. This way I would not have to nag you to update your SourceForge download page...

Last edited by manolito; 22nd January 2018 at 12:59.
Old 22nd January 2018, 17:38   #3076  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Hi manolito, thanks for the kind words and for the constant and professional support.

I'm updating the latest plugin version right now. I don't feel nagged at all

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 26th January 2018, 00:21   #3077  |  Link
manolito

Found some time today to work on my Wavi_Mod plugin...

Now the alternative normalizing modes also work for MP2 and WAV output. The exception is the Upmix mode which only works for AC3 output. I suppose that 6-ch MP2 and WAV streams are illegal for DVD (not sure, but AVStoDVD allows upmixing only for AC3).

//EDIT//
Just checked Wikipedia for DVD specs, looks like 6-ch MP2 and 6-ch PCM audio streams are part of the DVD standard. But I can only start supporting it when AVStoDVD allows upmixing MP2 and WAV audio. It doesn't make much sense anyways...
//END EDIT//

Also fixed the FFmpeg command line parsing, it won't choke any more when there is another parameter in front of the input parameter.

As usual the download link is at the bottom of this post:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...58#post1814958

@ MrC
Maybe now you know what I meant with "nagging" you...

Cheers
manolito

Last edited by manolito; 26th January 2018 at 13:39.
Old 28th January 2018, 22:00   #3078  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

@manolito

new Wavi_Mod plugin uploaded @ SF

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 28th January 2018, 22:48   #3079  |  Link
manolito

Thank you so much...

Cheers
manolito
Old 22nd April 2018, 23:07   #3080  |  Link
ebolaguy

REG_MSCOMCTL.bat

I tried right clicking on REG_MSCOMCTL.bat and running as administrator
but I keep getting the error message "The module "mscomctl.ocx" failed to load. Make sure the binary is stored at the specified pathor debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependant .DLL files. The specified module could not be found. "
Attached Images

ebolaguy is offline   Reply With Quote