Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 21st January 2004, 17:03   #1  |  Link
Master Yoda

Stripping Extras And A Menuedit Question

OK, i had a look at 2cools guides, but just to blank out a vts set seems long.
I have a dvd, the only extras are trailers, now the first trailer is vts_03, the second is vts_04, and the last is vts_05.
Now i'm think of stripping these out, but i need to retain the order of the vts sets and vts_06 is a intro that starts before the film so im keeping it.Now to remove the trailers cant i just open the vts_03_0.ifo in ifoedit, then go vob extras, tick strip streams and strip vobids, then untick all the streams and the vobid that the triler use's and then tell it to strip it, this would then leave me with a blank vts set would it .. so would that work ????

Same goes for if i had a vts set that had 3 extras in it i i wanted to remove one, just strip the vobid of that extra.

Secondly, does menuedit completely remove a button, so i cannot see it on the screen anymore or does it just stop me from using it .

Thanks
Master Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2004, 00:34   #2  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

Re: Stripping Extras And A Menuedit Question

Quote:
Originally posted by Master Yoda
OK, i had a look at 2cools guides, but just to blank out a vts set seems long.
Long? even stripping out VOB IDs through VOB Extras takes a while too.

Quote:
I have a dvd, the only extras are trailers, now the first trailer is vts_03, the second is vts_04, and the last is vts_05.
Does each PGC contain a end cell that's a blank? You can tell if it's under 00.00.01.00. If so, try stripping out all other VOB IDs, excluding your blank one. If you don't then I suggest you use this guide to bypass your trailers. Play to test. If successful, then you can strip out all your IDs through VOB Extras.

Quote:
Now i'm think of stripping these out, but i need to retain the order of the vts sets and vts_06 is a intro that starts before the film so im keeping it.Now to remove the trailers cant i just open the vts_03_0.ifo in ifoedit, then go vob extras, tick strip streams and strip vobids, then untick all the streams and the vobid that the triler use's and then tell it to strip it, this would then leave me with a blank vts set would it .. so would that work ????
If you didn't do the bypass method prior to stripping, I believe you will encounter error as it is trying to find your clip, which is not there.

Quote:
Same goes for if i had a vts set that had 3 extras in it i i wanted to remove one, just strip the vobid of that extra.
Again, bypass, test, and strip.

Quote:
Secondly, does menuedit completely remove a button, so i cannot see it on the screen anymore or does it just stop me from using it.
If you mean by erasing the lettering of the menu...no. It will disable it. Use the registered version as it works as plan.
Old 22nd January 2004, 02:26   #3  |  Link
Master Yoda

I forgot to mention, the trailers dont play at the beginning of the movie. To view the trailers you have to select trailers in the menu.

VTS overview:

Menu attributes:
Video: MPEG-2 720x576 (PAL) (PAL 625/50) (4:3) (not specified perm.display)
SubPicture 1: Not Specified (2-bit rle )

Title Set (Movie) attributes:
Video: MPEG-2 720x576 (PAL) (PAL 625/50) (16:9) (letterboxed)
Audio 1: English (Dolby AC-3) 6ch 48Kbps DRC (ID: 0x80)
Audio 2: Italiano (Italian) (Dolby AC-3) 6ch 48Kbps DRC (ID: 0x81)
Audio 3: Espaņol (Dolby AC-3) 6ch 48Kbps DRC (ID: 0x82)
SubPicture 1: Nederlands (2-bit rle ) (ID: 0x20)

PGC_1 (program chain): [Title(TTN): 1] [00:01:31.21 / 25 fps] (Programs: 2) (Cells: 2) (uses VOB-IDs: 1)
[Ch 01] [Pg 01] [Cell 01] [V/C Id: 1/ 1] : time: 00:01:30.06 / 25 fps [Pos: 00:01:30.06] [Frames: 2256]
[Ch 02] [Pg 02] [Cell 02] [V/C Id: 1/ 2] : time: 00:00:01.15 / 25 fps [Pos: 00:01:31.21] [Frames: 2296]

Menu Language Units: 1
Language Menu Unit 1: [English]

Language Menu Unit 1: [English]
Menu 1: [Root-Menu] (entry PGC) (Programs: 0) (Cells: 0)
Menu 2: [entry only] (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 1)

Thats the over view of the one of the trailers.
Master Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2004, 02:32   #4  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

It doesn't matter whether it's plays before or in a trailers menu. You know what titleset they are in. Trying using the method I have previously given or use my single PGC blanking guide. This is for your three trailers mentioned.