Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 21st April 2007, 16:50   #641  |  Link
Mug Funky
interlace this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerpoi
I imagine you'd be in the vast minority of people using the feature, though
haha! yeah, probably. i've been doing a bit of colour grading lately and didn't see a reason that avisynth couldn't do it (except for the whole 8 bit, mostly 4:2:0 thing). generally the colour tweakage happens via 3 trackballs (lift, gamma, and gain), and colour for each one is controlled by pushing the ball in the corresponding direction on a vectorscope (up and left a bit for red, down and right a bit for cyan, etc). thought it'd be fun to try do that using the wii as it has more than enough direction controls on it for something like that. also it's fairly simple to get the wiimote into a PC using a bluetooth dongle and a couple of candles.

but i wouldn't find it to be a very useful feature for anything else at all... so don't implement it unless your curiosity gets the better of you
Old 21st April 2007, 17:17   #642  |  Link
Fizick
AviSynth plugger

feature request (may be it exists?):
after copy and paste of line of script with silders, automatically generate new names of sliders in new line.
For example, by some incrementing of last symbol or suffix.
Old 21st April 2007, 21:23   #643  |  Link
qwerpoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony62 View Post
Thanks for the prompt reply and yes you are correct that saving my .avs to C:\bla_bla.avs works like a charm You won't believe how long i spent trying to solve the problem before posting
I'm looking forward to your resizing calculator. Will it be completed also in the next version?
Again, good work and thanks!!
Yeah, I'm guessing it's a problem a lot of developers have - out of habit, I try not to have any spaces in any of my folders or filenames whenever possible, so I never notice when it becomes an issue, despite the fact that the majority of users have spaces in ALL their files and folders (thanks a lot, microsoft ). Sorry it caused any headaches, I fixed the problem for the next version (which should be out in a few days).

As for the resize calculator, it also was something I had planned long ago, really the only reason it's there in the menu is because the Tools menu was a bit bare . Right now I have a ton of work to do for some new features, so it's not a top priority, but if anyone wants to help, you could direct me to a good example of what you want the feature to be like (last I recall, the resize calculator in Gordian Knot was the standard). Even better, if someone digs through sources and provides accurate formulas for the various appropriate calculations necessary, I'd be able to put together the gui interface fairly quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mug Funky View Post
but i wouldn't find it to be a very useful feature for anything else at all... so don't implement it unless your curiosity gets the better of you
Yeah, the reason I'm considering it is because the framework I'm using, wxPython, already has joystick support, so adding the feature might be very simple (although I haven't looked at the details). And it would be cool to control sliders through gestures a la "Minority Report"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizick View Post
feature request (may be it exists?):
after copy and paste of line of script with silders, automatically generate new names of sliders in new line.
For example, by some incrementing of last symbol or suffix.
Good request, the feature doesn't currently exist. What I'm trying to do is get rid of the slider label entirely, since it's occasionally cumbersome to work with, as you point out. What will happen is that sliders will automatically be generated for every argument in your script. This sounds like it could be a very bloated approach, so believe me when I say that I am trying to put the whole thing together in a very clean and unobtrusive way. Again, this won't be ready for the next release, but hopefully will be in the release after that, still a lot of things that need to be worked out.

Last edited by qwerpoi; 21st April 2007 at 21:25.
qwerpoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2007, 17:47   #644  |  Link
Dr.Khron

I've got an idea for a new feature... its sort of a half baked idea, though.
How about "sub-script awareness"?

This is where you call an external text file from your AVS. The only example I've encountered is calling .SSA files for TextSub, but there must be other applications.

If I'm tweaking a .SSA, I have AvsP open for my script, and then I need to have notepad open to edit the SSA. If I make a change, I need to save the SSA in notepad and refresh the AvsP preview output. Switching back and forth can get confusing if you have a bunch of stuff open.

It would be nice if you could have another set of tabs for Sub-scripts, so that you didn't even have to save the SSA file to refresh the preview. Basically, if AvsP allowed you to handle and edit sub-scripts in the same way it handles AVS files, I'd be thrilled.
Dr.Khron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2007, 22:38   #645  |  Link
qwerpoi

New version 1.3.8, download from the AvsP download page or from the mirror (win98 users can download from here (win98)). This version has major changes in the display code, AvsP now directly communicates with AviSynth in order to get video frames and information. It requires a recent version of AviSynth (tested with 2.5.7), if your AviSynth version is too old, don't worry, AvsP will fall back on the old method of getting frames. Here's the changelog:
Code:
* changed display code to retrieve frames directly from Avisynth (contributed by tsp)

* highlight error line in script on error clip

* added new video zoom option to fit entirely inside the window (suggested by Alain2)

* added "always on top" option for main window (suggested by Alain2)

* added method to specify cursor position in filter presets (suggested by krisq)

* allow for global variables in macros (suggested by Eggroll)

* remember last path when configuring doc path/url for function help (suggested by Spuds)

* path to AvsP help directory now configurable (suggested by Fizick)

* dump program error messages to both window and log file for easier bug reporting

+ fixed unicode error on startup (thanks Spuds)

+ fixed unicode error on file open (thanks martino)

+ fixed bug with avs2avi gui and spaces in avs filename (thanks tony62)

+ accurate yuv colors reported in video status bar (thanks jmac698)

+ minor fixes to window layout code
The biggest change is that AvsP now directly communicates with AviSynth through the Avisynth c interface (via avisynth.py in the source, big thanks to tsp for the contribution). Directly communicating with Avisynth has several advantages. Information such as colorspace, parity, audio channels, etc, is now directly available in AvsP. Scripts can be loaded from memory instead of creating temporary files. Error scripts can be identified and handled differently, so in this version any error scripts are created with the same number of frames as the last shown video, such that syntax errors don't cause you to lose the video frame you were currently on. Furthermore, upon an error clip, AvsP will now automatically give focus to the script and highlight the line with the error.

In order to check out video information now provided by Avisynth, you can simply click "Video information" in the video right-click menu. Also you can now configure the program's status bar to report any video information you would like, go to "Options -> Program settings...", and in the "Video 1" tab, click on the "Customize video status bar..." button. You'll see a dialog where you can specify practically any piece of information about the video Avisynth can give you, including pixel color info (which now has colors being directly retrieved from Avisynth instead of relying on RGB to YUV formulas). If you find that any information is being reported incorrectly (ie, Audio channels = -1, etc), this indicates that your version of Avisynth is not recent enough, try installing 2.5.7 or newer.

In actuality, all this stuff is in some sense only scratching the surface of what can be done. Since the Avisynth c interface has been entirely wrapped into Python, it should be possible to write Avisynth plugins directly in Python (which would be usable as an AvsP macro, even if you don't have Python installed on your computer). Right now this would have limited usability, since currently there's no way to save the results of such a plugin to an avi, but with more work it should be possible. Anyway, I'm trying to release this version right now to make sure that everything is stable, I will release a bugfix version with no new features if there are any major problems, but in the future, hopefully these ideas will be further explored.

Another important change is that I went through the code and fixed several unicode issues, hopefully now there won't be any more unicode related problems. I also set up AvsP to dump errors to a text file as well as the pop-up error window, so if you ever find the error window flashing and immediately disappearing when you start up or close AvsP, you can see the message in the file named "avsp_error_log.txt" located in the same directory as AvsP.exe.

Some other changes worth mentioning. There's a new zoom option, "Fit inside window", this will fit the video such that it is entirely inside the window at all times (the older zoom option has been renamed to "Fill window" for clarity). There's a new way to specify cursor positions upon preset activation, you can even specify text selections, this is pretty cool stuff, read more about it here. You can now keep macro variables in memory simply by declaring them as global, useful if you need to remember values between running macros, read more about it here.

Anyway, since the display code went through some big changes, I'm anticipating potential stability issues with this release (although I'm hoping not, since I tested it on several machines with no problems). So be sure to report back with any crashes (remember all crashes are now logged to "avsp_error_log.txt") or any other inconsistencies.
Old 24th April 2007, 23:51   #646  |  Link
Terranigma
*Space Reserved*

Thanks for the update.
Hats off to you for your hard work
Terranigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2007, 00:10   #647  |  Link
Dr.Khron

Yes, thank you very much.

Does this mean I can disable my FFDShow "raw video" VFW support now?

EDIT:
Yes, thats exactly what it means.
Thanks again for a cool program.

Last edited by Dr.Khron; 25th April 2007 at 02:37.
Dr.Khron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2007, 02:27   #648  |  Link
foxyshadis
Angel of Night

One minor thing. I don't know if it's because of themes or what, but the automatic resize (which is improved in this release, now resizes after an error) is always just a couple of pixels too short for me, and creates a scroll bar. It's 6 or 7 pixels on mine.
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2007, 03:03   #649  |  Link
qwerpoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Khron View Post
It would be nice if you could have another set of tabs for Sub-scripts, so that you didn't even have to save the SSA file to refresh the preview. Basically, if AvsP allowed you to handle and edit sub-scripts in the same way it handles AVS files, I'd be thrilled.
Sounds interesting, I'll give it some thought. I'm not sure what's the best way to approach it, though, having ssa files in the same tabs as avs scripts might be problematic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terranigma View Post
Thanks for the update.
Hats off to you for your hard work
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Khron View Post
Does this mean I can disable my FFDShow "raw video" VFW support now?

EDIT:
Yes, thats exactly what it means.
Thanks again for a cool program.
The display code has been changed to always output rgb32 (whereas before the frames sent to AvsP were either rgb32 or rgb24), this must have resolved the issue. I never experienced the problem, and I didn't explicitly try to fix the problem, but if it works now then everyone's a winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshadis View Post
One minor thing. I don't know if it's because of themes or what, but the automatic resize (which is improved in this release, now resizes after an error) is always just a couple of pixels too short for me, and creates a scroll bar. It's 6 or 7 pixels on mine.
Yeah, the "fit inside window" zoom needs a bit of polishing. I blame the wxScrolledWindow class for inaccurate calculation of scrollbar and window sizes - there's a bit of a fudge factor since scrollbars themselves take up pixel space, resulting in scrollbars sticking around in some cases when they should be removed. You'll notice (I believe) that the problem only shows up when both the window width and height are about the same as the video width and height, ie it's the scrollbars themselves that causes the window not to fit. Anyway, I'll try and have these types of issues with the new zoom mode fixed up by the next release.

Last edited by qwerpoi; 25th April 2007 at 03:06.
Old 25th April 2007, 03:14   #650  |  Link
chipzoller
Mr. Woof

Question: would it be possible when in preview mode and adjusting the slider to have the current frame output displayed instead of having to release the slider in place to see the frame?
chipzoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2007, 03:31   #651  |  Link
~bT~
н∂-ƒαиαтι¢

^ yes, options-->program settings-->video 1-->tick the 1st option.

@ qwerpoi

gr8 work with the constant updates. cheers!

I have a request.

poss to add a DONATE button?

Last edited by ~bT~; 25th April 2007 at 03:34.
~bT~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2007, 08:12   #652  |  Link
krisq

O yes! Perfect job, qwerpoi! DONATE button is a must
Old 25th April 2007, 09:19   #653  |  Link
Henrikx

The translation does make unnecessary work.
You delete lines of text,you do not say which lines of text you have deleted.
Example : Translation 1.3.7 AvsP Website = Line 488, in 1.3.8 Line 507.More time costs searches than the translation.
That is no more fun .
Old 25th April 2007, 11:46   #654  |  Link
3ngel

Hi,
i'm testing your program right now (version 1.3.8) and i can say some fast suggestions:

1) Include in the compiled project the msvcr71.dll. At the moment it doesn't start if it doesn't find.

2) Add to the filter in the open dialog of the "Open..." menu the *.avi extension

3) Make an option to immediately open the preview window right after the loading of the script (or the .avi that becames script)

4) Make the preview window fit exactly the video size without any gray border up/down/left/right

5) Memorize the preview window status.
Example: if i open a first script, show preview window, than "Add tab" then open another script at the moment the preview window doesn't appear immediately but there's only white space, when i switch back to the first script the preview has gone.

6) Make an option to remember the frame status of each tab. At the moment if i select the frame 100 in the first script, then click tab on the other, it automatically render the frame 100 in the other, even if i previously was working on frame 80. Make an option to not render automatically and to remember the different frame number status.

7) Make an option to disable widht resizing of the window (in order to avoid creation of right grey border on preview window)

8) In automatic rendering within tabs, fix the seek bar position (now it doesn't reflect the frame count)

9) Remember (and autoselect) the last path in "Save Image as..." dialog box

10) Add a "Refresh" button on the bottom bar

Last edited by 3ngel; 25th April 2007 at 12:16.
3ngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2007, 11:57   #655  |  Link
Henrikx

Update Translation
Old 25th April 2007, 18:55   #656  |  Link
qwerpoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bEnGaLi tHuG View Post
gr8 work with the constant updates. cheers!

I have a request.

poss to add a DONATE button?
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisq View Post
O yes! Perfect job, qwerpoi! DONATE button is a must
Thanks for the praise. As for a donate button, I'd feel a bit guilty putting one up considering that there isn't one for Avisynth itself, and my stuff is being graciously hosted on the Avisynth site as well. So we'll see. If I ever do put one up, I'll make sure you guys are the first to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrikx View Post
The translation does make unnecessary work.
You delete lines of text,you do not say which lines of text you have deleted.
Example : Translation 1.3.7 AvsP Website = Line 488, in 1.3.8 Line 507.More time costs searches than the translation.
That is no more fun .
Thanks for the translation update, and sorry about the tedious work. Usually there aren't too many messages removed (or added) from one version to the next, this one was an exception. I'll see what I can do about it, I may try and put together a tool which takes the current translation file and an older version translation file and makes a new file with all new messages requiring translation on top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ngel View Post
1) Include in the compiled project the msvcr71.dll. At the moment it doesn't start if it doesn't find.
I don't think I'm allowed to distribute msvcr71.dll, I guess I should mention the requirement somewhere (but honestly, a huge number of programs require it, so it's a non-issue for most users).

Quote:
2) Add to the filter in the open dialog of the "Open..." menu the *.avi extension
Should be doable, I'll try to have it in the next release.

Quote:
3) Make an option to immediately open the preview window right after the loading of the script (or the .avi that becames script)
Is this really necessary? I imagine that most often you'd want to open a script to edit it, not necessarily view it right away. In the off case where you want to see it immediately, it's just a click or keyboard shortcut away.

Quote:
4) Make the preview window fit exactly the video size without any gray border up/down/left/right
What are you referring to when you say "gray border"? If you are referring to scrollbars, they don't show up unless your video is too large to fit your monitor's screen resolution. If you are referring to the ~5 pixel gray border around the video frame, I can't get rid of them, otherwise it's possible for some of the video to get covered up by the window itself, a small buffer region is necessary.

Quote:
5) Memorize the preview window status.
Example: if i open a first script, show preview window, than "Add tab" then open another script at the moment the preview window doesn't appear immediately but there's only white space, when i switch back to the first script the preview has gone.
Quote:
6) Make an option to remember the frame status of each tab. At the moment if i select the frame 100 in the first script, then click tab on the other, it automatically render the frame 100 in the other, even if i previously was working on frame 80. Make an option to not render automatically and to remember the different frame number status.
The program remembers preview window status and frame status on a program level, not on a tab by tab basis. This was chosen intentionally, in order to streamline the comparison of videos. When comparing two videos (ie, one unfiltered, the other filtered), it makes it easier for the frame number to be remembered on the program level, so you don't have to keep synchronizing frames. As you point out, this is somewhat awkward when working with multiple unrelated videos, but to me this would seem to be the exception rather than the rule.

Quote:
7) Make an option to disable widht resizing of the window (in order to avoid creation of right grey border on preview window)
Not sure what you mean here, you'll always get a right grey border if the video width is less than the program width. If you just want to stop AvsP from resizing the window ever, go to "Options -> Program settings..." and under the "Misc" tab uncheck "Allow AvsP to resize the winodw".

Quote:
8) In automatic rendering within tabs, fix the seek bar position (now it doesn't reflect the frame count)
Not sure what you mean here. Can you provide an example?

Quote:
9) Remember (and autoselect) the last path in "Save Image as..." dialog box
Good point, I'll try and have it in the next release.

Quote:
10) Add a "Refresh" button on the bottom bar
Hmm, it's a reasonable request, but I'd rather not, I'd like to keep the number of buttons on the bottom bar at a minimum. Besides, AvsP will automatically refresh the video when you press any button on the bottom bar, so you can even left-click the video slider handle as a makeshift refresh button. Or use the keyboard shortcut F5.
Old 25th April 2007, 19:33   #657  |  Link
Henrikx

@qwerpoi
THX
I also have translated only the new sentences, and copied (by Line) into the old translation 1.3.7.
Work without faults.
I must clean up the next version.1.3.9
Old 25th April 2007, 22:26   #658  |  Link
Alain2

Thanks for this new version, again very good release with interesting features
The new fit inside window zoom is working well for me, and it is very useful

a few notes:
- bug : resizing the width of the script window makes a strange bug on the video window right side that is sort of resized as well (independant windows in my config)
- cosmetic : when the cursor is in the video window, the pos and hex values appear in the status bar (default status bar, didn't customize it yet ^^), but this slightly pushes the right side infos [edit] this is not always the case apparently..
- bug ? : maybe check the display code of the video window, I got the impression that when resizing the window it displays the resized picture and refreshes again a second time straight away, which then takes twice longer to display than before I think (important for heavy scripts like the ones I write ^^) ; seeking with the cursor below doesn't produce the double refresh, so it's probably just when the window is resized
- cosmetic : the cursors / toggles / etc area is not hidden automatically any more when there is no specific avsp code in scripts

++ and thanks again for all your work on this excellent avs tool!

Last edited by Alain2; 25th April 2007 at 22:35.
Alain2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2007, 01:57   #659  |  Link
lolent

I have discover this soft thanks to Alain2 (thanks to him ).
AvsP is a very impressive and powerful Avisynth tool.
Thank you qwerpoi to have created this amazing program and continued to develop it.
lolent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2007, 05:00   #660  |  Link
Kuukunen

First of all, it's a great tool. Thanks. This post really ran a bit long, originally I meant to only write about the memory thing and #2. Then I started remember all these nice ideas I've had while using AvsP. So I've really put thought in them and it would make me sad if you didn't do the same. I really think they're all worth implementing.

There has been troubles with memory usage when there's buggy filters. (One easy mistake would be to put all RemoveGrain dlls in the plugin folder.) It happens with AVSEdit too, but as it's so easy to load/close Avisynth with AvsP, it becomes very easily visible. Just toggling tags etc for a minute gives 500MB or so memory usage. Using the "release all video from memory", closing previews and tabs leaves still 250MB. Closing the program gives access violation error. ("blah blah memory could not be 'read'") Would it be somehow possible to cope with buggy filters? Would it be possible to make the error manifest when it happens, not when you close AvsP? Also the preview avs's are of course left behind.

There's also a small bug. When I edit a togglable tag manually, (change =0 to =1) the corresponding checkbox won't update. This might not be a bug, since fixing it would require that the tag&slider window to refresh at every update, but thought I'd let you know.

Ok, anyways, to the real stuff.

1) Ctrl-tab. Maybe it's because I use Opera and not Firefox, but I don't like the way Ctrl-tab works. I'd prefer that it would work the same way as in Opera or Alt-tab in Windows. I mean it shouldn't move to the next tab, but to the one that was last open. (And traverse the stack if you keep Ctrl down.) Why? Because it would be so much easier to jump back and forth between two tabs even though there are other tabs open. (If you want to compare them for example.) Now I have to make sure there are only two tabs open. You could move the "next tab" function to some other shortcut.

2) The preview window. I don't know how other people compare two scripts, but when I want to look at the small detail, I might open two scripts in two tabs. Then zoom the video to, say, 300%. The first annoyance is that it hides the script under the preview and I have to resize it. Then if I want to have the other script in the same position, I have to resize that tab's preview window to match the other. (Pixel perfect.) But the time it gets really annoying is when I do a typo on the script and it gives me error message. The preview window resizes itself to match the "video". I fix the typo and the preview fills the screen again! And of course I have to yet again get the right size to match the other tab. My solution: If some people like the way it currently handles, at least add two options: "Never ever resize the preview window." and "Preview window is the same size for all tabs."

3) Reopening a file. When I have a script open and I play around with it. If I notice it's not going in a good direction, I might want to get the previous save I run into some troubles. Even if I click Open and open the file, it refuses to do so. It would be great if opening a file would actually reopen it even if it's already there. Or better yet, if there was a "Reopen". (See #4) Ok, this is a small annoyance, closing the tab and then opening works, but still...

4) Multiple tabs of a same file. AvsP's sliders and togglable tags are great. So it would be good to have the possibility of having the same script open in two tabs so I'd be able to play around with the toggles and sliders and compare it to some other setting of the same script.

5) Information about video. I don't know how feasible this is to implement, but when comparing filters and their settings, sometimes it's very important to know how fast they are. It would rock to have small text somewhere that tells how fast the frame was rendered. (SPF or FPS) This idea could be taken further and you could have optional other stuff too, like PSNR displayed somewhere, but that's not as important as the time.

6) Misc. improvments on the interactive AvsP-only stuff. (I really don't know what to call them.) As you said, it might revolutionize the way I create scripts. I'm thinking about making a big meta-script that has all sorts of possibilities I can control with toggles and sliders. There are a couple of things I'd like before that though.

6.1) Export. It already saves the scripts in a format Avisynth can understand, but sometimes it might be nice to have a File->Export that saves the script so that there are no AvsP-stuff in comments and there wouldn't be as much empty lines. I think in normal save it should also consider only lines that really are empty as empty lines and remove lines with toggles, separators etc.

6.2) Radio buttons. It's a small usability improvement, but I'd really like it. There are checkboxes now, but it would be awesome to be able to select between two or more filters that do the same thing in different way using radio buttons. Now I have to deselect the other and select the other. On the list it would behave exactly the same as a checkbox, except that it looks like radio button of course, but in the script, it would have a second name to link it to other radio buttons, like: [filtersetname,filtername=1]

6.3) The tags&sliders window needs a new way of sorting things, mainly they should appear in the order they are in the script. I think the sliders shouldn't be separated from the checkboxes. So if I enable a filter using a togglable tag, the slider appears under that checkbox.

6.4) Nested checkboxes/radio buttons should be in the order of the starting tag, not the ending, and checkboxes should be able to hide other checkboxes/radio buttons like they hide sliders at the moment. For the sake of appearance and usability, it might be better if they were indented. Now that I think of it... things would be less messy if there was a possibility to hide the stuff that's under a checkbox/radio button. Like, by default toggling a tag on would display all things nested under it, but there's also a small arrow-thingy that can hide all of it without disabling the section.

6.5) Toggles/sliders with a same name. Again a minor usability thing. Would be fun to be able to use same names in the sliders. For example "strength" etc might be present in lots of filters. If this causes troubles internally, AvsP could handle the names combined with the "parent" toggle. For example "Deblocking/DeBlock/Strength". Or even better, handled with the line number so it would be possible to have a same name even on the same nesting level. It would also help in a situation where you want to be able to play around with the order of the filters. For example you could copy a section A to be before AND after section B. Then you could use a radio button to select if section A is really handled before or after B. (And the names of the sliders would be the same.)

6.6) Sliders work great, but sometimes I want to edit it a bit more precisely and I have to go to that part of the script and edit it. But if you're playing around with the slider, it would be faster to be able to edit the number directly. Simplest way of doing this would be to change the blue text that shows the slider's strength into a textbox.

6.7) Small naming and appearance things. There's really no need for "Toggle blah section". Just "blah" would be enough. People know what it means. Also, I'd like if it was possible to combine a separator and a checkbox for big meta-toggles like described in the next paragraph.

So all put together, for example I click on a checkbox for "Denoising" then a set of radio buttons appear that I could use to select the actual filter used. When I select one of those filters the slider(s) and toggles for its options appear.

I realize this makes writing Avisynth scripts very different. You could have a AvsP script file that can be used as a template to create Avisynth scripts. I don't know if some old school elite encoders like it because it might make things too "easy". :P

There's really no reason one wouldn't be able to make a huge AvsP-script that could be developed in its own thread. (Accompanied with a zip that has all the filters for it of course.)

Or you could have a AvsP script excerpts for specific filters. So you can copypaste it in your file to get sliders etc for its settings.

This is the future! Woo!
Kuukunen is offline   Reply With Quote