Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 9th November 2008, 23:36   #3241  |  Link
carlo_0000

hello

i sow some failed jobs in megui

i restart them but failed again

i notice that my antivirus block them

9/11/2008 19:28:08 Real-time file system protection file E:\bbcd hd\Duffy - Distant dreamer (live @ BBc One sessions) 2008 (aac5.1 HDTV).stats.temp probably a variant of VBS/TrojanDropper.Godog trojan cleaned by deleting - quarantined AUTORITE NT\SYSTEM Event occurred on a new file created by the application: C:\Program Files\megui\tools\x264\x264.exe.

i stoped the nood32 to finish the jobs

this is strange, nether hapend before
carlo_0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2008, 21:40   #3242  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

every antivirus can detect false positives, nod32 included.
send the false positive files to the eset labs and they will fix nod with an update.
Sharktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2008, 13:11   #3243  |  Link
seb37_2

Hi (again^^)

It's possible to mux video .264 (encoding with megui) and audio (also encoding in megui) in a FLV contener ?

I have no problem in mp4 but some friends have problem with player swf and the mp4, and they have no problem with the same player and a flv video. I search everywhere but i know thats its not the player swf who cause problem (i try with the simply player of flash). So i think maeby it's a problem of "adobe flash player".

I would try anymway to contain the best encodage i could make (with megui) and mux in flv for see it's good. it's possible with megui ? or a kind of program like "mp4box" ?
seb37_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2008, 13:37   #3244  |  Link
Dark Shikari
x264 developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seb37_2 View Post
Hi (again^^)

It's possible to mux video .264 (encoding with megui) and audio (also encoding in megui) in a FLV contener ?

I have no problem in mp4 but some friends have problem with player swf and the mp4, and they have no problem with the same player and a flv video. I search everywhere but i know thats its not the player swf who cause problem (i try with the simply player of flash). So i think maeby it's a problem of "adobe flash player".
Adobe themselves explicitly recommends against using H.264 in FLV, and says to use MP4 instead.
Dark Shikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2008, 13:53   #3245  |  Link
seb37_2

Ok thanks.
So i have some peoples who see onvp6 in FLV and not see H264 in mp4.
And forcely, i want that every people can see the video.
What can i do ? There is a solution ? I can ask to every body to have the last version of flash player... And i have read that adobe flahs player 9 can't read mp4 before the complete downloading... there is maybe a plugin for that ? To install in my server ?
(something like that ? http://renaun.com/blog/2007/08/22/234/ you know that ?)
Old 11th November 2008, 14:00   #3246  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
And i have read that adobe flahs player 9 can't read mp4 before the complete downloading...
Who told you that???? So How come I can watch .mp4 from youtube (&fmt=18) in real time?!?!?
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2008, 14:38   #3247  |  Link
RyaNJ
RyanJ

OK guys, in need of a little help here. I'm encoding a DVD movie (originally from a camera that's about 2-3 years old so quality is pretty good). The problem is that I'm having some really bad blocking when it comes to the sky (specifically when the faint-white clouds move and vanish). My current deblocking settings are -3:0 and I'm using Sharktooth's High Detail Matrix. I've tired setting b-frame mode to none to see if that helped and it didn't - I've also tried setting No Fast P-Skip to true as that also turned up in a search but still doesn't seem to have a difference. Everything except the occasional sky problems appears pretty good.

The bit-rate is pretty good, at 1905 kb/sec and I'm encoding with MeGUI using the x264 encoder. Any help here would be appreciated!

Command line currently being used by MeGUI:

Code:
program --pass 2 --bitrate 1905 --stats ".stats" --ref 8 --mixed-refs --bframes 3 --b-adapt 2
--b-pyramid --weightb --direct auto --deblock -3:0 --subme 8 --trellis 2 --partitions p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8x8
--8x8dct --me umh --threads auto --thread-input
--cqmfile "C:\Program Files (x86)\megui\My Matrices\M4G-HighDetail-V3.1.cfg" --progress --no-psnr
--no-ssim --output "output" "input"

Last edited by RyaNJ; 11th November 2008 at 14:43.
RyaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2008, 14:42   #3248  |  Link
seb37_2

I certainly wrong. Sorry.
I search the source of my problem^^

But now it's even clear.

I have two files : one in Onvp6 FLV (bad encoding) and one in h264 in mp4 (very good thanks too megui)

- Every body can read the flv files (with a simple flash player)
- Not everybody can read the mp4 files (with same player)

The persons can't read : windows vista user with player adobe 9,0,28^^
And every person with adobe player 9,0,124, its ok for the two files.
So i try to find something to do with that... (change swf object, detection of flash player...) I really dont know^^

But thanks for your helping all.
Old 11th November 2008, 15:22   #3249  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
The persons can't read : windows vista user with player adobe 9,0,28^^
And every person with adobe player 9,0,124, its ok for the two files.
So i try to find something to do with that... (change swf object, detection of flash player...) I really dont know^^

But thanks for your helping all.
Hey man! Wake up and download Adobe Player 10
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2008, 16:19   #3250  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyaNJ View Post
OK guys, in need of a little help here. I'm encoding a DVD movie (originally from a camera that's about 2-3 years old so quality is pretty good). The problem is that I'm having some really bad blocking when it comes to the sky (specifically when the faint-white clouds move and vanish). My current deblocking settings are -3:0 and I'm using Sharktooth's High Detail Matrix. I've tired setting b-frame mode to none to see if that helped and it didn't - I've also tried setting No Fast P-Skip to true as that also turned up in a search but still doesn't seem to have a difference. Everything except the occasional sky problems appears pretty good.

The bit-rate is pretty good, at 1905 kb/sec and I'm encoding with MeGUI using the x264 encoder. Any help here would be appreciated!

Code:
program --pass 2 --bitrate 1905 --stats ".stats" --ref 8 --mixed-refs --bframes 3 --b-adapt 2
--b-pyramid --weightb --direct auto --deblock -3:0 --subme 8 --trellis 2 --partitions p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8x8
--cqmfile "C:\Program Files (x86)\megui\My Matrices\M4G-HighDetail-V3.1.cfg" --progress --no-psnr

One option is to encode in zones (lower quant for that segment); another option is to try adjusting AQ higher instead of using CQM
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2008, 16:21   #3251  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyaNJ View Post

Code:
1st, that matrix is not mine. drop it since AQ is enabled by default and results with custom matrices are unpredictable.
2nd, restore deblocking settings to the default (0:0) or a sane value.
Old 11th November 2008, 16:21   #3252  |  Link
RyaNJ
RyanJ

@poisondeathray: The first sounds complex as there are lots of separate places where this occurs. The second option sounds interesting though and I will give it a try. Thanks for the help.

@Sharktooth: Oops. Should have been *.mp4 guy not you. And I will try those too. Would the information given by poisondeathray still apply?

Last edited by RyaNJ; 11th November 2008 at 16:24.
Old 11th November 2008, 16:23   #3253  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

read my above post too.
Old 11th November 2008, 16:25   #3254  |  Link
RyaNJ
RyanJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharktooth View Post
read my above post too.
I did and I was in the middle of editing mine when you replied. I take it that changing the AQ would still work given your suggestions right?
Old 11th November 2008, 16:30   #3255  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

yes, but try with no CQM, default AQ and deblock settings first.
Old 11th November 2008, 17:10   #3256  |  Link
RyaNJ
RyanJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharktooth View Post
yes, but try with no CQM, default AQ and deblock settings first.
Will do, cheers.
Old 12th November 2008, 15:56   #3257  |  Link
RyaNJ
RyanJ

After doing a couple of tests and looking at different versions of the encoded file, I cam up with a decent deblocking setting of -2:-1 and left the AQ at 1.0 (putting it up made things worse in some areas and not much better on the areas that were ok). Still not perfect but it is better than it was!

Any other suggestions that I can try?
Old 12th November 2008, 19:18   #3258  |  Link
poisondeathray

RyanNJ - you said you are "encoding a DVD movie". So I assume this is SD sized frame? ~2000kbps video bitrate should be ok, for that but for 1920x1080p sized frame it probably is not enough

How does the source material look? e.g. If you already have blocky/pixellation in the source, you might have to resort to filtering & processing rather than encoding settings - if so post a sample in the avisynth section

Did you try higher deblocking alpha/beta values (e.g. 2:2)? It tends to give a smoother result.

Zones isn't that hard to implement, it's setup easy to use in MeGUI. But if the problem is the source this won't help you. Also if you have many sections it might be easier just to raise the bitrate (assuming that is the problem in the first place, and not the source)
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 19:25   #3259  |  Link
RyaNJ
RyanJ

The movie, as I have before said is from a camcorder from about 4 years ago. There are is no actual blocking in the sections (I checked a few times to be sure). I have not tried higher delocking settings but I'll try that next. Thanks!
Old 14th November 2008, 22:53   #3260  |  Link
73ChargerFan

I tried the "add pre-rendering job" but then get an error "no fourcc FFVH" source found.

I don't have ffdshow installed (mpc-hc can play it), and don't want to. Is there another way?

Thanks.
73ChargerFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
megui