Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 1st April 2007, 18:24   #41  |  Link
KenD00

After a long time of hard work here it is, a new version of DumpHD.

I have rewritten the complete disc detection and AACS processing routines, hopefully i haven't introduced too many bugs . Despite that, i have integrated two new features, a GUI and BluRay support. Because i don't own a BD drive i couldn't test the BD part so feedback about that would be appreciated.

For the BluRay part, there are three important changes from BackupBluRay:
  • The keys for the BluRay movies are stored in the same file as for the HD-DVD movies, KEYDB.cfg
  • The key entry format has slightly changed, it is now consistent with the HD-DVD key format. There is now a key type field and the CPS Unit Keys are numbered like the Title Keys. All up today released CPS Unit Keys have the number 1.
  • The SHA-1 hash of a different file is used as Disc Identifier
    This is the most important change, the new Disc Identifier is the SHA-1 hash of the file AACS\Unit_Key_RO.inf. This change was necessary because the Disc Identifier chosen by BackupBluRay is not unique per disc, there were already duplicate IDs for different discs.

Therefor it is required to convert the released CPS Unit Key entrys to the new format to use them with DumpHD.

Example
--------
Old entry:
Code:
1234567890123456789012345678901234567890=This is my movie  |00/00/00|09876543210987654321098765432109
must be converted to

New entry:
Code:
<SHA-1 hash of AACS\Unit_Key_RO.inf>=This is my movie  |U|00/00/00|1-09876543210987654321098765432109
For a complete description of the Key Entry syntax read the included KEYDB.cfg file.

DumpHD also supports Volume Unique Keys for BluRay discs but currently not multiple CPS Unit Keys per disc. To further improve BluRay support, because i don't own a BD drive, i do need some "supplies". Anyone with a BD drive and a BD movie (and its VUK) who wants to help out, feel free to PM me.

Last edited by KenD00; 13th April 2007 at 16:37.
KenD00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2007, 18:27   #42  |  Link
dirio49
JuSt a PoWer uSEr

Thanks for the New version
Old 1st April 2007, 18:29   #43  |  Link
mrazzido

woww very good for bluray support tommororw new disc arrive i test it immediately
mrazzido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2007, 18:37   #44  |  Link
arnezami

This looks really good. Great work!
arnezami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2007, 02:43   #45  |  Link
Eeknay

Just tried Pearl Harbour, and it doesn't actually decrypt the files. BackupBluRay works fine though with the same CPS Unit Key (and yes, I did a new hash and added the "1-" for DumpHD).

If I try the VUK option, I get

Quote:
Processing disc AACS data...
Volume Unique Key present, decrypting Title Keys / CPS Unit Keys...
Searching Title Key / CPS Unit Key Files...
Decrypting K:\AACS\Unit_Key_RO.inf...
Then it just sits there doing nothing, no data being copied to hard drive.

EDIT: Just looked at the cmd window and noticied this;

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/6861/cmdri9.jpg

Last edited by Eeknay; 4th April 2007 at 02:46.
Eeknay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2007, 04:13   #46  |  Link
vudoodoodoo

Nice. Thanks.
vudoodoodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2007, 22:09   #47  |  Link
KenD00

Thanks for the testing. Found the VUK bug but not the decryption bug. When using the Unit Key, what is written in the log behind the "Processing: BDMV\STREAM\?????.m2ts" lines (the line(s) should start with 0x0000000000)?

Old 4th April 2007, 22:29   #48  |  Link
Eeknay

Quote:
Processing: BDMV\STREAM\00000.m2ts
0x0000000000 Decryption enabled
Hope that helps.
Old 5th April 2007, 01:51   #49  |  Link
KenD00

Hmm, this is weird, decryption is enabled and nothing looks wrong in the decryption code. Are you sure your key hasn't a typo? I have uploaded the fixed version, VUKs should work now. Can you give it a try with a VUK and tell me the results?

Old 5th April 2007, 02:21   #50  |  Link
Eeknay

VUK processes the same as Unit Key now, but doesn't seem to decrypt either... just something I forgot to mention, I'm not actually leaving these to fully run, just testing up to 500MB or 1GB at a time (for example), then stop to try playing the file in MPC with Haali Splitter (this works fine with BackupBluRay for example, no matter how much or little you decrypted... useful just to test if the key is right before running the whole thing) - I guess I'll leave a whole disc running then test (try another disc too).

EDIT: Ok, I just tried the Usual Suspects which I know positively is the right CPS Key since I did a full backup with BackupBluRay yesterday. There are also two m2ts files before the main movie file. I quit DumpHD while it was still chewing on on the main file (00002.m2ts), tried 00000 and 00001 (which are relatively small, so finished quickly of course) and those don't work either...

Son of EDIT: Tried Usual Suspects VUK... same thing. The funny thing is, you can see in the log that it arrives at the same Unit Key as aacskeys spits out (and what I put in keydb but with a 1-), just not decrypting for some reason :<

Last edited by Eeknay; 5th April 2007 at 02:33.
Old 5th April 2007, 14:31   #51  |  Link
KenD00

Finally i've found the mistake. Although HD-DVD and BluRay use the same scheme to decrypt the files, there is a little difference i have missed. To calculate the key that is actually used to decrypt a pack / aligned unit, HD-DVD decrypts the keyseed with the Title Key. In contrast, BluRay encrypts the keyseed with the CPS Unit Key. So i calculated the wrong decryption key from the correct CPS Unit Key. Try the new version, now everything should work. Btw., with DumpHD you can also decrypt a single file only, just select a m2ts-file from the stream directory instead the root directory of the media .

Old 5th April 2007, 15:24   #52  |  Link
Eeknay

Just tried the Pearl Harbour VUK, works perfectly now!

Thanks
Old 6th April 2007, 03:01   #53  |  Link
Galileo2000

OK, it worked for me from the command line.

GUI does not let me select the entire DVD as a disc/drive.
Forces me to go to the folders and then does not recognize the disc.

HD DVD; V for Vendetta.

And btw, does anybody know why PowerDVD 6.5 HD OEM can NOT play this movie (V for Vendetta) at all?

PDVD 7.1 plays the movie all right on my laptop.
Galileo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2007, 11:51   #54  |  Link
KenD00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galileo2000 View Post
GUI does not let me select the entire DVD as a disc/drive.
Forces me to go to the folders and then does not recognize the disc.
This is a known issue with the file open dialog. When the drive is selected from the drop down menu, the letter does not get entered into the filename field, you have to enter it by yourself. This dialog is a java element so i can do nothing about it, except disabling the ability to select files, then it does work. But since it is possible to decrypt a single file, this is not an option. This was written in the Readme.txt but somehow got lost during the last update, i have uploaded a fixed archive.

Old 6th April 2007, 11:59   #55  |  Link
Galileo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenD00 View Post
This is a known issue with the file open dialog. When the drive is selected from the drop down menu, the letter does not get entered into the filename field, you have to enter it by yourself. This dialog is a java element so i can do nothing about it, except disabling the ability to select files, then it does work. But since it is possible to decrypt a single file, this is not an option. This was written in the Readme.txt but somehow got lost during the last update, i have uploaded a fixed archive.

Oh, cool, thanks Ken.
Old 6th April 2007, 15:48   #56  |  Link
applejackaz

Quote:

Hmmm, using Vista and it works with no problem.
I don't have to enter anything.
applejackaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2007, 18:29   #57  |  Link
KenD00

Then this bug has been fixed in Vista (i'm running XP) or you are running another java version where it got fixed (using JRE 1.5.0_11) or both. Different setup, different bugs .

Old 6th April 2007, 21:08   #58  |  Link
applejackaz

Quote:
Then this bug has been fixed in Vista (i'm running XP) or you are running another java version where it got fixed (using JRE 1.5.0_11) or both. Different setup, different bugs .

Must be the Java
Jdk1.6 with C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0\jre\bin\server

copied to

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin

Great work! thanks
applejackaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2007, 22:17   #59  |  Link
Galileo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejackaz View Post
Must be the Java
Jdk1.6 with C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0\jre\bin\server

copied to

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin

Great work! thanks

Yes, it works, thanks.

Don't need all JDK, JRE is good enough.
Old 8th April 2007, 07:52   #60  |  Link
mrazzido

test it on some BD movies works fine for me!! thx! for the great app! :-)!
mrazzido is offline   Reply With Quote