Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Closed Thread

Old 26th March 2008, 11:30   #4001  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
That's bad. My MPEG2 handling module explicitly disallows changes from interlaced to progressive. But if D-Theater actually uses that, I might have no choice than to support it. This has nothing to do with the new TS/M2TS support, though. It's a limitation of my MPEG2 code.
ive had this for quite some mpeg2 sources now (non d-theater), so apparently it does not only happen quite rarely. would be nice if eac3to could be used for those as well.
Old 26th March 2008, 12:40   #4002  |  Link
Zelos

i remuxed my 1st bluray with eac3to and it works fine .
Great job , and thanks Madshi !
Did eac3to apply audio delay with bluray file ?
Old 26th March 2008, 13:30   #4003  |  Link
vwpassion

@Madshi

How long do you think until there is a version that "officially" supports m2ts joining? I have a major issue with a title that requires joining of about 40 segments and which includes a TrueHD track. No matter what I do (copy /b, tssplitter join -> tsremux, etc) the audio seems to be borked and doesnt stay in sync with the video. Xport and eac3to report discontinuity issues as well.

We *really* need proper m2ts joining support within eac3to!
Old 26th March 2008, 13:36   #4004  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
Did eac3to apply audio delay with bluray file ?
If it is necessary - yes. However, I've not seen a Blu-Ray title where it was necessary as of yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwpassion View Post
How long do you think until there is a version that "officially" supports m2ts joining? I have a major issue with a title that requires joining of about 40 segments and which includes a TrueHD track. No matter what I do (copy /b, tssplitter join -> tsremux, etc) the audio seems to be borked and doesnt stay in sync with the video. Xport and eac3to report discontinuity issues as well.

We *really* need proper m2ts joining support within eac3to!
Patience, young Padawan, patience! The first eac3to version with m2ts support is just 2 days old. Code doesn't grow on trees.
Old 26th March 2008, 14:00   #4005  |  Link
Zelos

perhaps i ask a lot , but will you plan to support subtitle stream ?
Old 26th March 2008, 14:05   #4006  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Maybe?
Old 26th March 2008, 14:08   #4007  |  Link
Zelos

btw , did you stop the developement of h264tsto ?
i used it to mux a m2ts file on to a matroska container.
Eac3to , now offer more options included the audio.
Old 26th March 2008, 14:44   #4008  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

h264tsto was never meant to do anything more than just automating some DirectShow filters. h264tsto never did any real work on its own. It just connected some DirectShow filters and that's it. As such there's not much that I can do to improve h264tsto. It does what it does well, and the limitations are dictated by the DirectShow filters (which are written by other people).

eac3to is a totally different thing. It does a lot of stuff on its own and only uses external software (DirectShow filters, dlls, exes) when absolutely necessary. In eac3to I've replaced several DirectShow filters which didn't work well enough (for my taste) with self written code.
Old 26th March 2008, 15:47   #4009  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

so we can aspect to see all h264tsto in eac3to .. soon (or later) ?

BHH
AutoWebM: supporting WebM/VP8
Old 26th March 2008, 15:57   #4010  |  Link
shambles

Quote:
I have a major issue with a title that requires joining of about 40 segments and which includes a TrueHD track. No matter what I do (copy /b, tssplitter join -> tsremux, etc) the audio seems to be borked and doesnt stay in sync with the video.
until madshi tackles the multiple-m2ts titles, demuxing truehd from each m2ts separately and converting each of them separately to wav/pcm and then joining them should get you a synced track.
Old 26th March 2008, 16:02   #4011  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzqw View Post
so we can aspect to see all h264tsto in eac3to .. soon (or later) ?
Don't know. Maybe? I usually don't plan that far into the future, especially not with hobby projects. I'm usually just checking what needs to be done next and then look from there...
Old 26th March 2008, 16:10   #4012  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

ok, i fully agree.. since i am hobby programmer too (even if i usually do change faster than i suppose to do... )

BHH
AutoWebM: supporting WebM/VP8
Old 26th March 2008, 16:10   #4013  |  Link
vwpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by shambles View Post
until madshi tackles the multiple-m2ts titles, demuxing truehd from each m2ts separately and converting each of them separately to wav/pcm and then joining them should get you a synced track.
Actually that's exactly what I did: I demuxed the True-HD track seperately from each m2ts using xport, and then converted to ac3 with eac3to. In the end I joined the ac3 segments, but still the track is borked and goes out of sync in a few scenes, apparently the track doesnt go out of sync progressively. It randomly goes out of sync on some scenes, and basically this can't be fixed by adding a delay or through stretching.

Should I rather convert the demuxed True-HD segments to WAV and then join them, and then covert them to AC3?

Last edited by vwpassion; 26th March 2008 at 16:17.
Old 26th March 2008, 20:21   #4014  |  Link
shambles

yes, to wav, then join, then to ac3. you should be getting progressive desync with wavs -> ac3s -> join though so don't know if joining before encoding to ac3 will help either
Old 26th March 2008, 20:47   #4015  |  Link
vwpassion

Which program is recommended to join .wav's?
Old 26th March 2008, 21:10   #4016  |  Link
shambles

wavewizard
Old 26th March 2008, 22:08   #4017  |  Link
saint-francis
too much lurking

Feature Requet:

Madshi have you thought about adding an option for "continue to next .evo" like the one in EVOdemux? This would also be very nice once m2ts joining is implemented since there seem to be some BD titles with many .m2ts files.

I have an .m2ts file from Mr' Magorium's Wonder Emporium that makes eac3to crash. There is the chance that I'm not doing something right in preparing the file to be fed to eac3to, I'm not sure, this is my first attempt at BD. The .m2ts plays in fine in MPC with the exception of an issue seen below. How can I chop out a piece to post for inspection?

Is this what people mean by rainbow frames?

This problem seems to be only at the very end of the movie during the credits.

Last edited by saint-francis; 26th March 2008 at 22:33.
Old 26th March 2008, 22:08   #4018  |  Link
Rectal Prolapse

Quote:
Actually that's exactly what I did: I demuxed the True-HD track seperately from each m2ts using xport, and then converted to ac3 with eac3to. In the end I joined the ac3 segments, but still the track is borked and goes out of sync in a few scenes, apparently the track doesnt go out of sync progressively. It randomly goes out of sync on some scenes, and basically this can't be fixed by adding a delay or through stretching.

Should I rather convert the demuxed True-HD segments to WAV and then join them, and then covert them to AC3?
That won't work because audio can overlap from one segment to the next. In other words, some m2ts streams will have extra audio at the end (past the last video frame), and other streams will also have extra audio at the beginning (before the first video frame).

You would need to slice off the extra audio in WAV format before joining them to maintain sync!
Old 26th March 2008, 22:18   #4019  |  Link
vwpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rectal Prolapse View Post
You would need to slice off the extra audio in WAV format before joining them to maintain sync!
How can I slice off the extra audio? And how do I know which tracks need slicing off?
Old 26th March 2008, 22:34   #4020  |  Link
Rectal Prolapse

vwpassion, it depends - every soundtrack may have a different slice point (ie. PCM can be off by up to 5 milliseconds, while AC3 can be off by as much as 32 millliseconds).

You would need to use a WAV editor like Adobe Audition or Audacity to check the WAVs. You would load the WAV file from one segment, then load the WAV file from the next segment, then use your eyeballs to determine the overlap point, and cut one of them so that there is no more overlap.
Closed Thread

Tags
eac3to