Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 6th January 2006, 16:28   #1061  |  Link
bob0r
Pain and suffering

@berrinam

Not yet, not yet, annoying bob0r is posting bugs and asking questions
bob0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2006, 17:19   #1062  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

CVS update:
Made x264DialogTriStateAdjustment() to restore some of the default settings when switching profiles or enabling options that enables a group.

It makes it crash without any message though...
It doesnt let me debug too. Any ideas?

Last edited by Sharktooth; 6th January 2006 at 17:27.
Sharktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2006, 18:20   #1063  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

CVS update:
Reverted the previous changes
Completed the code to enable/disable controls and labels in both tri-state and encoding mode
Old 6th January 2006, 19:19   #1064  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Is it just me or has the tri state thingie probably not been done the way I specified? I recall writing something about using the same code just for different objects (GUI versus x264Settings).. but when I had a quick look the last time I worked on MeGUI, it sorta looked different and I found pieces of the adjustments in the actual x264 commandline generation as well (I already moved it.. please wait for my next major update). There should be one method doing all the adjustments.. based on the settings options are enabled/disabled and the counterpart in the commandlinegenerator class would do the same with removing/adding options to the commandline. I still think that ought to work just fine when you just make sure you have every case covered.
Old 6th January 2006, 20:16   #1065  |  Link
charleski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom9
Is it just me or has the tri state thingie probably not been done the way I specified? I recall writing something about using the same code just for different objects (GUI versus x264Settings).. but when I had a quick look the last time I worked on MeGUI, it sorta looked different and I found pieces of the adjustments in the actual x264 commandline generation as well (I already moved it.. please wait for my next major update). There should be one method doing all the adjustments.. based on the settings options are enabled/disabled and the counterpart in the commandlinegenerator class would do the same with removing/adding options to the commandline. I still think that ought to work just fine when you just make sure you have every case covered.
The code for the GUI has to cover the enabled state of the GUI element as well as its actual value (i.e. if a certain parameter can't be used, it must be unchecked and disabled). This is essential to avoid confusion for the user (the intial tri-state code contained several areas which didn't set the GUI display consistently even though it produced the correct commandline). The code for the commandline generator needs only to cover the actual values of the parameters. It's possible to route both decision flows through a single routine, but that would add some coding overhead.

BTW, it seems the "Fixed the "and close" checkbox in D2V Creator and LoadOnComplete control size" in 0.2.3.1031 took the 'and close' checkbox out of the d2v creator that pops up when someone selects an mpeg2 file in the avisynth creator, but not from the d2v creator that's produced directly from the menu selection. What was the rationale behind this? Unfortunately that broke the routing control I put in to allow the ability to load mpeg2 files directly in the avisynth creator (comments in the forums indicated that some were confused by the various options in the Tools menu so I put in some code to guide people through the process).
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2006, 21:21   #1066  |  Link
charleski

0.2.3.1037 7 Jan 2006
Removed the ability to save profiles with empty names. Added additional checks to ensure that these rogue profiles aren't loaded or saved.
Old 6th January 2006, 22:00   #1067  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
It's possible to route both decision flows through a single routine, but that would add some coding overhead.
I didn't mean that.. but basically if in the GUI we have an option disabled (whether checked or not), then the corresponding commandline processing method would deactivate the option in question.

So if in the GUI we have level X disabled a,b,c, then in the corresponding commandline method we have a = false, b = false, c = false.
Old 6th January 2006, 22:28   #1068  |  Link
charleski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom9
basically if in the GUI we have an option disabled (whether checked or not), then the corresponding commandline processing method would deactivate the option in question.
Well, in general, if an option is disabled it just means that the user can't alter it. It might be mandatory for it to be on or off, which is why you have to modify the Checked state as well to reflect the actual required state, otherwise the way the config is presented to the user becomes confusing. There are actually four states involved: disabled checked, disabled unchecked, enabled checked and encabled unchecked.

Quote:
So if in the GUI we have level X disabled a,b,c, then in the corresponding commandline method we have a = false, b = false, c = false.
Unfortunately the commandline generator doesn't have access to the config GUI (which won't even be generated if the user just specifies a profile and goes directly to encoding). The check in the commandline generator is really just a safety feature TBH, as any settings generated by the config dialog (including profiles) should already have been verified, but it's better to be safe.
Old 6th January 2006, 22:42   #1069  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
It might be mandatory for it to be on or off, which is why you have to modify the Checked state as well to reflect the actual required state
But that's just it.. tri state means checked, unchecked and don't care (disabled).. there shouldn't be a fourth mode. It's the method in the commandline generator that has to be aware if an option has to be true or false.

Let's take an example: I8x8mv. The control is enabled when the profile is set to high profile, and disabled otherwise. However, if you go to high profile, check it, then go to main profile, it should remain checked, but just be disabled. So the x264Settings.i8x8mv variable would still evaluate to true when it gets to the commandlinegenerator. Then in the method x264TriStateAdjustment, it would have to be set to false. That similarity extends to a lot more. In the GUI method x264DialogTriStateAdjustment you enable/disable controls without checking their checked state or position in the dropdown.. in the x264TriStateAdjustment you set the booleans to true/false as needed. Thats why I keep saying the whole thing is basically the same.. the method in the GUI enables/disabled GUI fields, the one in the commandlinegenerator sets variables to true/false.
Old 7th January 2006, 01:19   #1070  |  Link
godhead

I've submitted a patch for the following:
add support for the -name tag in mp4box
Description: N/A

After talking with Doom9, I've implemented the feature using the :name=foo syntax that's been in older compiles of mp4box rather than the new -name switch. Also these are currently only applied to Video and Audio. Should these also be added to the Subtitles?

Hope one of the admins can get these changes integrated soon, so the patch isn't reflected against an old CVS.

Here's a quick list of changes
MuxSettings.cs
* Added VideoName property to hold the Video track name

MuxWindos.cs
* Added Label and Input controls for Video and Audio track names.
* Added Event to handle audio track name changes.

CommandLineGenerator.cs
* Added more string concats for track names on generateMP4BoxCommandline()
godhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2006, 01:35   #1071  |  Link
berrinam

Im not an admin, so I can't delete your patch, but I've committed it to the CVS, version 0.2.3.1038:

0.2.3.1038 7 Jan 2006
Added support for the :name tag in mp4box (patch by godhead)
berrinam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2006, 01:38   #1072  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
It makes it crash without any message though...
It doesnt let me debug too. Any ideas?
There is a cure for almost all debugger weirdness, I've posted it before in the MeGUI thread

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/d14azbfh.aspx
stax76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2006, 01:41   #1073  |  Link
godhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrinam
Im not an admin, so I can't delete your patch, but I've committed it to the CVS, version 0.2.3.1038:

0.2.3.1038 7 Jan 2006
Added support for the :name tag in mp4box (patch by godhead)
I just realized I forgot to validate the text inputs so spaces will cause problems. Do you want to roll that out and I'll submit another patch in a bit?
Old 7th January 2006, 01:53   #1074  |  Link
godhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by godhead
I just realized I forgot to validate the text inputs so spaces will cause problems. Do you want to roll that out and I'll submit another patch in a bit?
New patch submitted, please make these changes to the CVS and set the patches to closed. Thanks!
Old 7th January 2006, 02:51   #1075  |  Link
berrinam

Committed to CVS:

0.2.3.1039 7 Jan 2006
Fixed :name tag support so spaces won't cause problems (patch by godhead)

I can't close the patches.
berrinam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2006, 15:13   #1076  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

Closed.
Old 7th January 2006, 16:24   #1077  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

CVS Update:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...847#post763847

Some logic is still to be revised though. i'll do it tonight or tomorrow.
Old 7th January 2006, 20:24   #1078  |  Link
bob0r
Pain and suffering

@sharktooth

you always forget to update AssemblyInfo.cs
bob0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2006, 22:27   #1079  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

well... coz i steel need to fix a couple of things.
however now the version number is up to date.

http://files.x264.nl/?dir=./Sharktooth/megui/Sources
Old 8th January 2006, 01:32   #1080  |  Link
Mutant_Fruit

when distributing the binaries, you need to distribute the Data folder containing the ContextHelp.xml file aswell. Otherwise the tooltips are disabled. I'll grab a few bugs/feature requests and take a look at em tomorrow. I've been away the last few days.
Mutant_Fruit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
development, megui, not a help thread