Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex

Old 30th November 2009, 22:38   #621  |  Link
DonDan
Deblender

For ripping I used that tool from a company in St. John's in Antigua and Barbuda that you are not allowed to possess, use or talk about in most of Europe.
The sample was created in tsmuxer which was the only programm I found that was able to actually process the file without crashing in the same place DGTools did.
Old 30th November 2009, 22:39   #622  |  Link
Turtleggjp

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
Yes, of course. It's part of the MPEG2 video syntax. You can't reliably find frames just using the transport layer and PES syntax.

I believe it is the same. The source for it is available.

If you need any help finding the cause of discrepancies between our methods, let me know. I do think you'll need to parse the video syntax, though. It's not so hard.
Thanks for your help. I think I found all the info I need to start coding for this. This should be fun...
Turtleggjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 23:05   #623  |  Link
kuko61

Hi neuron2
At the beginning I would like to thank you for the excellent utility

I am a user DgindexNV few days. I tried to index and encode some samples. With the AVC and MPEG2 streams I had no problems mentioned here. But with interlaced VC-1 I have a similar problem as DonDan.

1. DGindexNV also crash me, when I tried SaveProject. But when I open a VC-1 stream through the Open menu, close DGindexNV, start it again, and open stream from the list of recently used files, indexing run without errors.

2. Second problem occurred when encoding VC-1 interlaced sample (with x264). Encoding always freezes at approximately 95%. Without any errors, just stopped.
I tried encode a few samples (30s - 2 mins) from different parts of the BD disc and encoding is always stopped before the end (for ripping I use same tool as DonDan and samples I cut through tsMuxer). I tried Avidemux, meGui, batch file (CLI) with the same result.
DGindexNV crash and encoding freeze issues occurs only with b4 version (not b3).

3. The third problem occurred with a length of VC-1 indexed video, when I play the AVS script with dgv project in the player. At two-minute sample is the video longer about 1 second as a source. When I indexed the complete m2ts stream without cutting (lenght 1h16min), the video length is 1h18min. I tried all three Field Operation options and video from AVS script is always longer than the original m2ts stream.
In script is only DGDecodeNV filter without arguments...

Sorry for my English, the post was written with the assistance of the dictionary
kuko61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 23:24   #624  |  Link
turbojet

Thanks for the extension fix. I don't know if you noticed my edited post earlier but is the resize/scaling code in dgnv, nvdia drivers or part of the video card?

If it's part of the video card, I see PureVideo 4 (VP4) offers a new high quality scaler according to wikipedia . Would that make a difference?
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 23:45   #625  |  Link

@kuko61

Can you provide one of those streams for testing?

@ turbojet

It's on the GPU but I can invoke only what is made available in the NVCUVID API.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2009, 00:02   #626  |  Link
turbojet

Is the scaler configurable to you?
Old 1st December 2009, 00:35   #627  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojet View Post
Is the scaler configurable to you?
I can set the width and height.
Old 1st December 2009, 02:29   #628  |  Link
turbojet

OK, I'll see if I can get my hands on a VP4 card in the near future and see if the scaler quality is the same or better then VP3. Currently it looks like nearest neighbor, which is tolerable but trying to find something like lanczos.

I did a little digging into dgindex running slower when it's not minimized and found out that if the information window is closed it speeds up again. I notice dwm.exe uses 1-2% cpu when the info window is open and 0% when it's closed/minimized. However it's difficult to tell when it's done when it's minimized. Is there a chance to show progress % and/or ETA in the title bar and/or windows 7 progress taskbar?
Old 1st December 2009, 02:46   #629  |  Link

It's bilinear.

Will look at your performance observations when I get a chance.
Old 2nd December 2009, 00:46   #630  |  Link
Hunstad

I have some serious random access problems on this H.264 stream with beta 4. It works perfect in beta 3.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nydngzzwrzj

The 9 second clip is from the Scandinavian Blu-ray of Monsters vs Aliens.
Disc decrypted with AnyDVD 6.6.0.3, and the clip is cut with beta 3 Save Project and Demux Video. (Beta 4 gave the same md5sum on the cut.)

I index the file in beta 4 and load it in VirtualDub 1.8.6 using this this AviSynth 2.58 script:

LoadPlugin("C:\Video\DGDecNV200b4\DGDecodeNV.dll")
DGSource("E:\Blu-Ray\00024.200b4.dga")
Crop(0,132,0,-132) # 2.35:1

The I try to jump to Frame 76, but this frame is corrupt.
If I step forward 1 frame at a time, from frame 0, the close-up starts at frame 76.
If I step forward 1 frame at a time, from frame 50, the close-up starts at frame 52.

This is not a problem in beta 3.

Anders
Hunstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 04:02   #631  |  Link

Ah, I love clear trouble reports with everything I need to duplicate the issue. Thank you for pointing this out. You're my kind of guy.

Please redownload 2.0.0 beta 4 and update DGIndexNV.exe.

Should be OK now. Only AVC with recovery points was affected.

Last edited by Guest; 2nd December 2009 at 04:16.
Old 2nd December 2009, 22:47   #632  |  Link
whatever-ever

neuron2 I've got a new problem.

If you remember, on page 30 we talked about combining files. Making an index of all files (into one dgm) did work, but now I've found another, related, problem.

I have 5 files. together they give 58minutes and 25 seconds (played in VLC/mpc/wmplayer).
The dgm (containing all 5 files) is not. It is 53min and 29 seconds.

I tried indexing all 5 files individually, and then add up their playlength, and it gave me 29:34 (correct).
I then tried an AVS like this:
DGMultiSource("1.dgm") ++ DGMultiSource("2.dgm") ++ DGMultiSource("3.dgm") ++ DGMultiSource("4.dgm") ++ DGMultiSource("5.dgm")

and it gave me 53:29 (wrong).

btw. if i leave out file 5 then i get the same length as 1-4 played in mpc. So is this some kind of dgindex buffer I'm exceeding?

PS: I did this using beta3 and beta4

Last edited by whatever-ever; 2nd December 2009 at 22:58. Reason: added which version(s) i tried to use
whatever-ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 14:06   #633  |  Link

If I give you an FTP site, can you upload all 5 source files?

It may be a pulldown issue. What is your field operation and do you see field or frame repeats when previewing any of the files in DGIndexNV?

Quote:
I tried indexing all 5 files individually, and then add up their playlength, and it gave me 29:34 (correct).
You said it is 58:25 in VLC, so where did this come from?

Last edited by Guest; 3rd December 2009 at 14:09.
Old 3rd December 2009, 16:00   #634  |  Link
whatever-ever

Oops, sorry. I meant they added up individually gave 58:25. I don't know where the 29:34 came from, that was a mistype, lol.

Yes I can get you the files, or a sample if you just need to see it's structure. I've encountered differences in runtime and "indexed" runtime before, where the problem was, as you suggested, a pulldown issue (set it to hono pulldown flags and it was correct size).

THIS situation didn't benefit from honoring pulldown flags. and in fact it gave the same (incorrect) 53:29 length if honored and if ignored pulldown flags. So maybe that's a hint of the problem?
Old 3rd December 2009, 16:29   #635  |  Link

I'll need all 5 files. What are their sizes so I can clear space on my FTP?
Old 3rd December 2009, 16:52   #636  |  Link
whatever-ever

they total 4.8 gb
Old 3rd December 2009, 19:47   #637  |  Link
turbojet

Link in the original post is dead, seems to be only up to beta3 on that site.
Old 3rd December 2009, 19:51   #638  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever-ever View Post
they total 4.8 gb
Well that's a deal breaker unless you want to snail mail it to me.

Did you actually play the whole thing in VLC to see the duration, or are you trusting what it says in some info dialog?

As there is a discrepancy of 5 minutes, when you serve the video into VirtualDub and play it, do you see 5 minutes of missing material?
Old 4th December 2009, 18:47   #639  |  Link
whatever-ever

Quote:
Did you actually play the whole thing in VLC to see the duration, or are you trusting what it says in some info dialog?
Yes, and also in wmplayer (and mpc).

Quote:
As there is a discrepancy of 5 minutes, when you serve the video into VirtualDub and play it, do you see 5 minutes of missing material?
I'm watching them played back simultaniously right now to check where it differs. I'll post result in an hour.

The demuxed audio (from both dgindexNV and regular dgindex) are 58 mins.

Also, using DirectShowSource("1.mpg") ++ ... (relying on ffdshows' libavcodec) gives 58 mins too.

Neither dgindex nor dgindexnv gives any errors when indexing.

If you want the log files from dgindex(nv) then let me know.
Old 4th December 2009, 19:05   #640  |  Link
whatever-ever

What the...!? After I opened the directshowsource avs (in mpc) the dgindex avs'es are 58:25 mins too!

If I close the directshowsource avs, then both dgindex avses are 53:29 again. WHAT!?

To say again: ffdshow is set to MPEG2: libavcodec, and ffdshow is used when calling DirectShowSource().
What in the world... Does this make any sense to you, neuron2?