Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 21st November 2014, 13:36   #1  |  Link
cihub

Are there any deblender that behaves like described?

Are there any deblending filter that works with original, unprocessed video from DVD, doesn't have any pattern preference and can (1) find the most suitable field among neighbouring frames or (2) restore the field either by (a) using only one, i.e. good opposite field, then anti-aliasing the whole frame, or (b) restore bad frame by diffing good and bad field and removing "extra" pixels?

I'm asking because I have a video where I do not see any pattern (I'm noob in this kind of stuff, so I have no clue how video for Restore24 or srestore should look like) and thought I'll write my own filter, but I'd rather avoid reinventing a wheel.

Here's a few samples showing the problem I'm facing: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/7x9...like_described

Last edited by cihub; 22nd November 2014 at 08:41. Reason: Added link to samples
cihub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2014, 21:37   #2  |  Link
LemMotlow

Looks like telecine IMO. I don't know about other readers, but don't you think it would be a good idea to cut a few seconds from a VOB and post so we can see what's going on? If that is blending, even/odd fields would have the same image, not different images in each field.

Last edited by LemMotlow; 21st November 2014 at 21:39.
LemMotlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2014, 05:25   #3  |  Link
manono

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemMotlow View Post
I don't know about other readers, but don't you think it would be a good idea to cut a few seconds from a VOB and post so we can see what's going on?
He shouldn't even have to be asked as it should be standard procedure to include a piece from the source when asking for help. A GIF? In the time it took to make that he could have cut a dozen pieces and uploaded them.

cihub, in the off chance you don't know how to cut ten seconds from a VOB, open one in DGIndex. Scroll to a place with steady motion. Mark in and out points with [ and ]. Then go File->Save Project and Demux Video. Make the resulting M2V available.
manono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2014, 08:51   #4  |  Link
cihub

Added link to samples to the first post. While I think that VTS_03_1-0.demuxed.m2v should be enough (it contains same frames as GIF) to see what I'm talking about, I also uploaded a few extra samples.
Old 22nd November 2014, 09:56   #5  |  Link
manono

Much better. I only checked the short.demuxed one. After some hard telecine in the beginning it gets field-blended. It's pretty standard stuff, except that it's not from a PAL source:

Yadif(Order=1,Mode=1)#or the much better but slower QTGMC
SRestore(Frate=23.976)
Old 22nd November 2014, 14:40   #6  |  Link
cihub

Thank you, manono.

Just wondering: are there any source in the internet that can explain field blending so that in the future I could find solution myself? Or "Google is your best friend"?

Last edited by cihub; 22nd November 2014 at 14:49. Reason: Added question
Old 22nd November 2014, 20:08   #7  |  Link
manono

Quote:
Originally Posted by cihub View Post
Just wondering: are there any source in the internet that can explain field blending...
It's easy to spot. You bob the video and look for the blending/double images/ghosting. It's often used to convert a 25fps PAL source to 29.97fps NTSC. Or film to PAL's required 25fps. Sometimes it's used by the cheapest fly-by-night companies as a way to go from progressive 23.976fps to NTSC DVD's required 29.97fps. It's a disgrace however and whenever it's used as it pretty much ruins the video.
Old 23rd November 2014, 20:49   #8  |  Link
cihub

Thank you once again.

Tags
deblending