Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 11th May 2009, 10:34   #2781  |  Link
turbojet

I put it in big font type but I have just as much problem getting him to see things as you do.

I was thinking of making another bug reports thread where the first post would be known bugs but I don't think it's really my responsibility to do so.
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2009, 12:45   #2782  |  Link
MikeyBK

Don't you think that JD has the prerogative to progress 'HIS' software (which he offers to all of us for FREE!) at a pace of HIS choosing?? I mean come on guys!!... He is doing this for us without any demands towards us.. whether monetary or work. The least that we can do is be thankful just for whatever he has given us to this point.

I can understand if you paid big bucks for his software, or at the very least, donated a 'HUGE' amount towards his work, considering the constant badgering you guys are doing....

I wouldn't blame him if he just got fed up altogether and shut this thing down.... let's just appreciate what he can get to for the time being....
He Does Have a Real Job in Real Life Guys!! Give it a rest already...PLEASE... before he shuts it down...

Last edited by MikeyBK; 11th May 2009 at 12:48.
MikeyBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2009, 12:56   #2783  |  Link
turbojet

I'm not writing in big letters for any other reason then for him to see an important post.

He's already said before that he didn't see my posts that would have prevented him from getting in this mess of players not playing the output it used to because of incorrect tsmuxer output which jdobbs did change.

I'm not pressuring him in any way to do it, I'm simply letting him know the correct way of doing it so he can get those bugs off his back.

One of the most important things of a solo project is good user feedback and that's what I'm giving him.

Once again when I said I was frustrated because he hasn't been seeing my important bug report posts over the past 3 months should not be taken as offensive but for some reason that's what some people are trying to see it as.

I dont know about jdobbs but personally I'd rather be able to look at one post for bug reports compared to the 2783 posts in this thread, most of which are discussion.

Last edited by turbojet; 11th May 2009 at 13:02.
Old 11th May 2009, 13:19   #2784  |  Link
MikeyBK

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojet View Post

Once again when I said I was frustrated because he hasn't been seeing my important bug report posts over the past 3 months should not be taken as offensive but for some reason that's what some people are trying to see it as.
Does his tone in the posts below sound promising to you??+
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Of course the developer could also just turn this whole project off because he also has to make a living. You know what is frustrating? Trying to build something for the convenience of others -- with virtually nothing in return -- and still having to take criticism from those you are helping because you're not moving fast enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I do what I can do with the time I have. You can't make the assumption that I've read every post you have put here. I was away for several weeks and there's no way I can catch up.

If that isn't a good enough answer... then screw it.

Is this still an issue with v1.10.1?

They never were meant to be -- doing so causes more issues than it corrects. Instead they should still exist, but point to a PID that is kept.

It isn't really a "problem" -- the subs show large on the screen because the picture resolution was reduced. As I said before, I'll look at it. But I think it is more important to fix the problems that cause discs not to work before attacking the cosmetic problems.
Old 11th May 2009, 13:55   #2785  |  Link
turbojet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBK View Post
Does his tone in the posts below sound promising to you??+
Since then he has replied to me, asked me a question about tsmuxer and released a new version.

Take it however you want.

I have helped him in the past with BD-RB and would like to continue helping him develop the software and all I ask for is to be heard.

If I were in jdobbs shoes I wouldn't want all this discussion, as such I'm not going to reply on this matter ever again.
Old 11th May 2009, 15:28   #2786  |  Link
Nkotok

OK, guys. I am a new member and was waiting for 5 days to be able to post for the first time.
I don't know if it is a bug of BD RB or something else, but I am concerned with the output size of the final result. It seems to be very inconsistent. Sometimes it gives me folders that are only 20 or 21 GB large, which sucks b.c. I waste space on a BD-R but is not that big of a deal. The main problem though is when BD RB recodes and still gives me too big of a size to fit on a BD-R. Like by about 500MB bigger than fits on a blank. I noticed that it happens mostly when I check Keep HD Audio in the options. That is what I am mostly interested in.

I choose Movie Only, BD25, in audio options I don't check anything BUT Keep HD Audio. That's it.

It also seems that the bigger the movie (like if it is 40Gb or bigger) the chance that BD Rb will screw up with the final size is bigger, too.

Could it be fixed?

Thanks
Nkotok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2009, 15:38   #2787  |  Link
GaPony

As is common in a beta... there are still some issues with the newer feature of keeping the HD audio. For the time being, you might want to either not keep the HD audio, or at least check the size before committing to disc. Using BD-RE media would also be a good idea for the short term.

In any case, jdobbs is working on it... This software has come a long way in just over 4 months, so be patient.
GaPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2009, 17:23   #2788  |  Link
DaMacFunkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furiousflea View Post
Sorry dude, tought luck.

Those tiny m2ts <0.5mb often have problems encoding and you will be left with an m2ts of 0kb in size and obviously your output bluray won't play in most cases.

To make sure you don't waste hours of time only to find you have one of them, make sure you do "quciker encode for extras". It should put the small files first...then just check your output folder for any 0kb m2ts\status window for errors.
Cheers (oh Fudge!!!) LOL
DaMacFunkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2009, 17:38   #2789  |  Link
old-hack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furiousflea View Post
I'm getting that "Stop Statement" dialogue box then BDRB automatically closing when I click "OK" on the dialogue box when i set min m2ts to =0 with...

Kung Fu Panda - UK\EU version.
Royal Space Force - The Wings of Honneamise - Jap import.

...Setting it to =10 and I don't get it...defo something wrong there...
I'm also getting the "Stop" statement when processing Monster's Ball with 0.20.08. No log is generated so I can't help out that way. I haven't tried 0.20.07. Just wanted to get this into the bug thread.
old-hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2009, 23:47   #2790  |  Link
bassnut

well finally I can post something. I am fairly new to BD Rebuilder but a long time user of DVD Rebuilder and have to say thank Jdobbs for another great program.

I have had a chance not to play with BD Rebuilder for a couple weeks and am surprised with the results ...... of the 17 BLU-RAYS that I have tried I have only had problems with 2 where the movie actually freeze on me and thought I would pass those along to you all. All movies are Canadian Release Region A.

1) Wanted - Freezes in Chapter 11 this is almost the end of the movie just after all the rats explode. Sound contiues to play right to the end but no more video just a frosen still shot.

2) Alien VS Predator - Freezes at chapter 13 this is right after the guy falls to the bottom of the ice shaft and the 2 aliens walk by ..... video and audio though the Audio plays on for a few seconds longer. To shut the movie off you have to unplug the Stand alone player. ..... Sony BDP S350

Now with Alien Vs Predator I can skip this part and the movie will play through without any more problems. I have encoded this one a couple times and burnt a couple time as well with 0.20.05, .07 and .08

3) Mummy 3 - Allot of people seemed to have an issue with this movie but it backed up for me almost without a problem. No video in the extras:

The Making of the Mummy 3
From City To Desert

No video just a white screen though the audio works and can select the menue as well. Everything else seems to be as it should be and working.

Some other movies that did work for me that I think I seen error reports for:

National Treasure II, The Incredible Hulk, Death Race, Punisher, War Zone, Ghost Rider, 300, Quantum Of Solace.

If there is any help you might require shout or PM me. With the exception of 8 movies that have LPCM where I will wait till it is fully supported before I do them I have a computer sitting doing nothing.

Last edited by bassnut; 12th May 2009 at 09:33.
bassnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2009, 23:58   #2791  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBK View Post
Don't you think that JD has the prerogative to progress 'HIS' software (which he offers to all of us for FREE!) at a pace of HIS choosing?? I mean come on guys!!... He is doing this for us without any demands towards us.. whether monetary or work. The least that we can do is be thankful just for whatever he has given us to this point.

I can understand if you paid big bucks for his software, or at the very least, donated a 'HUGE' amount towards his work, considering the constant badgering you guys are doing....

I wouldn't blame him if he just got fed up altogether and shut this thing down.... let's just appreciate what he can get to for the time being....
He Does Have a Real Job in Real Life Guys!! Give it a rest already...PLEASE... before he shuts it down...
We're trying to help by offering ideas\solutions.

This is a bug report thread and that is what is being discussed - Bugs.

Has political correctness madness reached doom9?

If there's a problem to be reported, it gets reported. This isn't happy teddy bears picnic\talking shop\womens institute...

turbojet obviously knows what he's talking about, maybe jdobbs should be greatful to him. He is literally receiving nothing in return for posting here.

That was a rhetorical question but you get my point. We're all trying to help out Haven't always got time to say please and thankyou at the end of every post. I assume it's a given, when a new release comes out I always post a word of thanks etc for problems addressed. It's just an unspoken resepect thing most of the time.

We've been over this already! What's the problem...Just the tone? Well sorry dude, but we're all of different nationality, all of different backgrounds and I think everyone here is curteous most the time.
Furiousflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2009, 00:03   #2792  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
Originally Posted by old-hack View Post
I'm also getting the "Stop" statement when processing Monster's Ball with 0.20.08. No log is generated so I can't help out that way. I haven't tried 0.20.07. Just wanted to get this into the bug thread.
Aye, there are a couple of discs where the "stop" thingy appears no matter what size you have the min m2ts as, or if the option is removed altogether.

The problem isn't present in any previous versions to my knowledge (only affects 0.20.08).
Old 12th May 2009, 00:04   #2793  |  Link
Rail-Runner

Newbie error

Being a newbie not sure if this is a settings or hardware limitation causeing this error to freeze things at 42.82% when reencodeing Crank, my PC is a (new)Lenovo K series dual core,BD25 full movie tried BDRB 2005 & 2008 with same error stopping progress.
C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe
Aften:A/52 audio encoder
version SUN
2006-2007
Found PCM audio: 8 channels,48000 Hz,16 bits,5262.260000 seconds.
Writeing WAV file...
Input format: Microsoft WAVE signed 16-bit little-endian 48000 Hz multi- channel
Unsupported # of channels passed to aften_wav_chmask_to_acmod
mismatch in channels, acmod,and lfe params
Error: Could not write to the standard output
Love the program but have only had 2 of 5 make it to a perfect final burn status. Transformers and I am Legend came out as perfect as the original on BD25, but Terminator 2, Shoot Em Up and Crank were no goes, Crank had the above listed error when running both 2005 & 2008 versions of BDRB
Rail-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2009, 00:20   #2794  |  Link
MikeyBK

Can anyone else verify that the TSMuxer version in 0.20.08 causes no auto play on PS3s?
I've done what JD suggested and placed the TSMuxer version from 0.20.05 into the 0.20.08 Tools folder and all plays fine now on PS3.

@ Turbojet... it's all good Bro, your input is appreciated... just that this wasn't necessary IMHO
http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...postcount=2781
Old 12th May 2009, 00:38   #2795  |  Link
turbojet

No auto play meaning you have to navigate to the m2ts to play it?
If so 'strict AVCHD' disabled won't work but if it's enabled with 0.20.08 tsmuxer it should work on PS3 but it won't work in PowerDVD and 1-2 samsung players. To fix PowerDVD playback replace with tsmuxer 1.10.04+. A few weeks and Samsung players may be fixed. I know exactly why it happens (--avchd vs. --bluray) and there's a few posts in this thread from others and me on how to fix it. The tsmuxer (1.8.4) from 0.28.05 works like 1.10.04+ except no TrueHD output.

I just think he gets as frustrated as I have when the person who needs to hear isn't hearing or isn't around to hear you. More organization of the info might help a lot.

Last edited by turbojet; 12th May 2009 at 00:42.
Old 12th May 2009, 01:20   #2796  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojet View Post
I just think he gets as frustrated as I have when the person who needs to hear isn't hearing or isn't around to hear you. More organization of the info might help a lot.
Pretty much
Old 12th May 2009, 05:28   #2797  |  Link
tekmobile
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rail-Runner View Post
Being a newbie not sure if this is a settings or hardware limitation causeing this error to freeze things at 42.82% when reencodeing Crank, my PC is a (new)Lenovo K series dual core,BD25 full movie tried BDRB 2005 & 2008 with same error stopping progress.
C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe
Aften:A/52 audio encoder
version SUN
2006-2007
Found PCM audio: 8 channels,48000 Hz,16 bits,5262.260000 seconds.
Writeing WAV file...
Input format: Microsoft WAVE signed 16-bit little-endian 48000 Hz multi- channel
Unsupported # of channels passed to aften_wav_chmask_to_acmod
mismatch in channels, acmod,and lfe params
Error: Could not write to the standard output
Love the program but have only had 2 of 5 make it to a perfect final burn status. Transformers and I am Legend came out as perfect as the original on BD25, but Terminator 2, Shoot Em Up and Crank were no goes, Crank had the above listed error when running both 2005 & 2008 versions of BDRB
This is caused by a limitation of aften because it does not support 8 Channel LPCM
tekmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2009, 07:38   #2798  |  Link
Rail-Runner

Thank You tekmobile

Just wondering if I need a sound card upgrade or is this more of BDRB that may be addressed in a newer beta version, I appoligise for asking a question in the bug report thread, but would greatly appreciate any info that may help out.
Old 12th May 2009, 08:45   #2799  |  Link
tekmobile
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rail-Runner View Post
Just wondering if I need a sound card upgrade or is this more of BDRB that may be addressed in a newer beta version, I appoligise for asking a question in the bug report thread, but would greatly appreciate any info that may help out.
its a BD RB issue its nothing to do with your soundcard and will get addressed when a solution is available.
Aften is a 3rd party tool so out of the hands of jdobbs
tekmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2009, 09:01   #2800  |  Link
Rail-Runner

Thank You tekmobile