Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 21st November 2008, 22:10   #221  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
Nope, thats not correct. Without a processing key you can't decrypt the MKB on the disc.
Hmpf.. of course - time to freshen up on those aacs threads.

@edit: I just purchased ArcSoft Total Media Theatre and the same guide still applies. However, I got no vid from DumpVid when playing an HD DVD. Do I need to revert back to arnezami's old fetchvid tools?

Last edited by Doom9; 21st November 2008 at 23:00.
Doom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2008, 07:47   #222  |  Link
Titan79

Thanks guys.. I gave back in the aacskeys section.. u guys are great! TY!
Titan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2008, 03:15   #223  |  Link
yippiekayee

Based upon the instructions in this thread I managed to decrypt some BD+ titles as well. The procedure is slightly different though:
First of all, for those that have a drive with the VolumeID hack, you could just copy the aacskeys library to the dumphd directory and unless you've played an MKBv9 disc (no keys out for those yet) or are dealing with such a disc, all will be done automatically for you.
However, with BD+ it's still manual labor. Unless you used dumpvid, run aacskeys with the -v option to also get the volume id printed out.
So run aacskeys like this:
aacskeys -v X
where X is the drive letter of your Blu-ray drive.

In the output you should see something like
Code:
Volume ID (AACSBYPASS):         90BB4394DCC6500554FE96169607DE66

Volume Unique Key:              921DAE3B3D08BF212C3CA7B28910EF19
Unit Key File Hash (Disc ID):   86BFB76B2243A09EC6D0F1D8FA7BD3D7B334DAC3
Then run the bdvm debugger from the commandline (I know you can just double click on the jar file but it won't get you the console output which can be crucial):
java -jar bdvmdbg.jar > output.txt

We redirect the output to output.txt so that a console overrun won't mean we lose anything.
Now select settings, Set Volume ID and paste the volume id from dumpvid/aacskeys there (right click won't work so you have to copy using control-v). Then select Settings and then Select disc mount point and browse to the drive letter of your Blu-ray drive and click on Open. Then click on the Run button and wait. Once the Run button no longer has a different color, you can close the program again. In the bdvm debugger directory you'll now find a conv_tab.bin file.

Next you run dumphd from the commandline and point it to that file
java -jar DumpHD.jar --convtable:c:\temp\conv_tab.bin X: c:\mymovie
Where X is once again the drive letter of your blur-ay drive and c:\mymovie is the path where you want the movie to be backed up to.

And that's it.
yippiekayee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2008, 21:17   #224  |  Link
ggking7

Have I run into an MKBv9 disc? From dumphd I get:

aacskeys ERROR: PROCESSMKB, errnr: -3

It's "Encounters at the End of the World".
ggking7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 08:58   #225  |  Link
KenD00

Quote:
Originally Posted by yippiekayee View Post
Next you run dumphd from the commandline and point it to that file
I suggest not to invoke java directly but use the included shell scripts, especially under linux because there the aacskeys library won't be found if you start DumpHD without them. Otherwise nice tutorial, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggking7
aacskeys ERROR: PROCESSMKB, errnr: -3
-3 means no Media Key could be calculated, so it is indeed a MKB for which you don't have a processing key. Some lines before that error message aacskeys has written the MKBv it has encountered .

KenD00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 00:02   #226  |  Link
bourke

Quote:
...Next you run dumphd from the commandline and point it to that file
Where X is once again the drive letter of your blur-ay drive and c:\mymovie is the path where you want the movie to be backed up to.

And that's it.
Is anyone looking at integrating the BD+ decryption code into DumpHD?
bourke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 01:08   #227  |  Link
KenD00

Depends on what you mean with integrating. If you mean using it the "aacskeys way" as library then yes, me .

Old 2nd December 2008, 02:21   #228  |  Link
bourke

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenD00 View Post
Depends on what you mean with integrating. If you mean using it the "aacskeys way" as library then yes, me .

Shweet. Do you have a PayPal account for donations? =)
bourke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 01:44   #229  |  Link
KenD00

DumpVID 0.4

Due to some recent events i saw the need for a new DumpVID version, so here it is.

This new version supports HD-DVD and Blu-Ray now, hammering is the default action and only AGID 0 gets used (can be reverted to the old behavior using a command line switch). This process has proven to be more reliable than the old one.

I have updated the download links on the first page.

Old 5th December 2008, 20:00   #230  |  Link
KenD00

DumpHD 0.51

And another release, this time its DumpHD 0.51. This update adds support for BD-ROMs which use multiple CPS Units. I'm using the same approach as Blu-ray Disc ripper, testing every CPS Unit Key and checking the result, however i use another test to verify that the right CPS Unit Key was found.

Old 6th December 2008, 00:53   #231  |  Link
yippiekayee

Considering that knowing the volume id could become necessary for BD+ handling, would you consider changing the key file format to allow for an optional volume id (to be filled out automatically when the aacskeys library is being used)?
Also, I'd consider it very convenient if DumpHD would use the disc name and put it as the movie title.
Old 6th December 2008, 22:40   #232  |  Link
yippiekayee

I just redid Dr. No - the hashes now all match up except for file 00091.m2ts which DumpHD reports as unencrypted and copies 1:1. Playback from the HD still doesn't work (no problems playing it from disc with anydvd running) so I'm currently ripping the disc with AnyDVD HD to compare the entire directory and not only that small file to see if it's TMT's bug or if that file or any other are the cause for the playback issue.
Old 7th December 2008, 12:41   #233  |  Link
KenD00

There is no need to change the KEYDB format, read the one which ships with DumpHD, it already supports various other entry types than V . Storing the Volume ID for BD+ titles will be included later, but this needs an updated aacskeys because it passes the VUK only currently.

The disc name is a problem because this is platform specific. Java has a function to get it but the result is not guaranteed and varies from platform to platform, e.g. under windows it should be something like "<volume name> (<drive letter>: )" while under linux its the last part of the mountpath. Now my linux version automounts Blu-Rays indeed on a path with the volume name, but HD-DVD's are mounted on /media/cdrom which would result into the volume name cdrom. I will see what i can do but this is not a priority for me.

Anyway thanks for your testing effort.

Old 7th December 2008, 17:26   #234  |  Link
yippiekayee

You probably mean the library needs an update... aacskeys.exe already returns the vid in verbose mode (that's how I got it for my BD+ tests).
I have one followup question for that though: is there a way to get aacskeys to, or is there another software that makes use of the aacs bypass and gets me the vid? I know there's dumpvid but if I play an MKBv9 disc then I lose the existing processing keys and I'm not willing to go there.

Also, you said in the other thread that you can use dumphd to just remove BD+. So I tried:

Code:
C:\temp>java -jar DumpHD.jar --convtable:conv_tab-firefly-disc1.bin d:\firefly-d1-anydvd\FIREFLYUS_D1 d:\FIREFLYUS_D1 >
And here's what happens:
Code:
Checking source...
Source path: d:\firefly-d1-anydvd\FIREFLYUS_D1
Initializing source... 
Disc type found: Blu-Ray BDMV
Collecting input files...
Source initialized
Identifying source...
Identifying disc... FAILED
AACS directory not found
Finished identifying source
Checking destination...
Destination path: d:\FIREFLYUS_D1
Dumping source...
Skipping disc set:
DiscSet:
Type                 : Blu-Ray BDMV
Source directory     : d:\firefly-d1-anydvd\FIREFLYUS_D1
Destination directory: d:\FIREFLYUS_D1
AACS directory       : NONE
Key data             : NONE
BD+ protection       : YES
Conversion Table     : PRESENT
Streamsets           :
now it's listing all files
Dump complete
However, that happens in under a second and obviously enough, nothing has been done in that time. So how do I get dumphd to take the AnyDVD HD ripped files from one directory, then apply the convtable on the existing files on my HD while copying them to another place?
Old 7th December 2008, 18:31   #235  |  Link
KenD00

Quote:
You probably mean the library needs an update...
Ah yes, thats what i meant. The "library", which in fact just executes aacskeys , enters only the VUK into the data structure that DumpHD gets, that needs to be updated.

Quote:
I know there's dumpvid but if I play an MKBv9 disc then I lose the existing processing keys and I'm not willing to go there.
You don't lose Processing Keys! Your Processing Keys will always decrypt the discs they can decrypt, however, your Host Certificate can get revoked which removes your ability to get the Volume ID. The only known Host Certificate is for MKBv1 and i'm pretty sure your drive MKBv is far away from that .

And it is still unknown if merely putting the disc into the drive will already update the revokation lists. However, if this only happens when an AACS Authentication process is started then the AACSBYPASS process will update the revokation lists because it starts an AACS Authentication process . So whatever you do to get the Volume ID your drive will get updated.

Hmm, aacskeys does not give you the VID if it can't decrypt the MKB although it could give you the VID in that case. I will see if i can make it to give you the VID only easily without messing up the code too much .

Quote:
Identifying disc... FAILED
AACS directory not found
I am pretty sure that i said you need to copy the AACS directory from the disc... and im also pretty sure that i forgot to mention that you have to make a key entry into the database . Of course, you can't make a real entry because you don't have the VUK, just enter a dummy VUK or the disc will be skipped. DumpHD cannot check if the VUK is correct and it will not use it because the disc is already decrypted.

Old 13th December 2008, 07:28   #236  |  Link
ni9ht_5ta1k3r

Not really sure on how to use this program of yours KenD00. I was attempting to decrypt the dark knight and I was confused on what to do.
ni9ht_5ta1k3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2008, 16:28   #237  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

ni9ht_5ta1k3r: just one page back I posted a detailed tutorial.. there's really no excuse for not reading it.
I suspect though that your disc is MKBv9 and that particular subject is even treated on this very page of this very thread - for now you need AnyDVD HD to handle that title.
Old 13th December 2008, 18:35   #238  |  Link
yippiekayee

@Kend00: I finally compared the DumpHD and AnyDVD HD copy of Dr. No and Live and Let Die for differences.. other than the one stream file which DumpHD says is not encrypted and copies 1:1 (and AnyDVD HD doesn't) I found out that 6 jar files are different - DumpHD once again has a 1:1 copy and AnyDVD HD doesn't, and the app.discroot.crt is also different on both discs and once again DumpHD made a 1:1 copy and AnyDVD HD didn't. The only two options I have enabled in AnyDVD HD are "Enable Blu-ray support" and "Remove BD+ protection".. the rest is inactive. TMT can play AnyDVD's version just fine but chokes on DumpHD's, and if I turn DumpHD's version into an ISO, PowerDVD chokes on it, too. I don't have a standalone Blu-ray player but I think if I cannot get any software Blu-ray player to play the ripped content that there's something off with the DumpHD rips.
Old 14th December 2008, 00:00   #239  |  Link
ni9ht_5ta1k3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom9 View Post
ni9ht_5ta1k3r: just one page back I posted a detailed tutorial.. there's really no excuse for not reading it.
I suspect though that your disc is MKBv9 and that particular subject is even treated on this very page of this very thread - for now you need AnyDVD HD to handle that title.
mine's the Australian version so i'll have to wait till anydvd get's updated.
ni9ht_5ta1k3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2008, 19:54   #240  |  Link
yippiekayee

@Kend00: same story for the second bond pack - the same jar files are different, as well with the one certificate.
Also, for Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem I have a different MovieObject.bdmv between DumpHD and AnyDVD HD.