Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Closed Thread

Old 5th April 2015, 03:55   #2001  |  Link
manono

Quote:
Originally Posted by jriker1 View Post
For reference, how do I provide a VOB of just the main movie?
I hope you mean an M2V (the video only portion of the VOB because we have no need for the audio). If so:

To cut a piece of a VOB, open it in DGIndex. Use the slider and the [ and ] buttons to isolate a small section. Then go File->Save Project and Demux Video. Upload the resulting M2V somewhere. 10 seconds or so with steady motion will be plenty.
Quote:
Anyway, I have used in the past the following:

tfm(mode=5,pp=0,slow=1)
tdecimate(cycle=5)
I prefer to keep it simple unless there's a reason to add in the additional parameters, or use something different from the defaults. Using your script:

MPEG2Source("test.d2v")
tfm(mode=5,pp=0,slow=1,display=true).tdecimate(cycle=5)

also works fine. There's nothing really difficult about this one, the sample anyway.

Quote:
I tried the above and resulting file had the same jerky output.
Your IVTC script? It works fine on the sample provided.
Quote:
EDIT: Note when I leave pp=0 in everything still looks interlaced.
Even with PP=0 it works fine - no interlacing.
Quote:
Also when I ran this thru DGIndex to try a different way of loading the file I got at the end "A field order transition was detected" and asked if I want it corrected.
There's no sure-fire answer for that. Usually the correct answer is 'yes'. Read the manual about that. You opened all the VOBs at the same time, or just one?
Quote:
Also DG says file is 29.97 interlaced.
That's because it is. It's 'hard telecined'. The telecine was encoded into the video. Better quality NTSC DVDs encode for progressive 23.976fps and add 'soft pulldown' to output the interlaced 29.97fps as required for the NTSC DVD standard.
Old 5th April 2015, 04:28   #2002  |  Link
jriker1

Quote:
Originally Posted by manono View Post
That's because it is. It's 'hard telecined'. The telecine was encoded into the video. Better quality NTSC DVDs encode for progressive 23.976fps and add 'soft pulldown' to output the interlaced 29.97fps as required for the NTSC DVD standard.
Thanks. So am I supposed to do something with pulldown to make the content 23.976 or leave the content 29.97? Or will TFM change it to 23.976?

Thanks.

JR

Last edited by jriker1; 5th April 2015 at 04:38.
Old 5th April 2015, 04:56   #2003  |  Link
manono

Quote:
Originally Posted by jriker1 View Post
So am I supposed to do something with pulldown to make the content 23.976...
Yes, that's what the IVTC does. InVerse TeleCine

It removes the duplicate fields leaving you with the original progressive 23.976fps video.
Old 5th April 2015, 06:57   #2004  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

TFM is tritical's Field Matcher. It is a helper plugin for TIVTC to detect which fields match in the usually regular Telecine pattern and can be eliminated to restore the previously progressive video content. Unfortunately, the regular pattern is not guaranteed if someone cut the video after applying Telecine (which is a stupid idea, but video office clerks sometimes don't know what to avoid to not rape the material).

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
Old 5th April 2015, 17:28   #2005  |  Link
Music Fan

If it's a soft pulldown and not a hard pulldown, you can simply remove the pulldown flag with TSMuxer without re-encoding, you will get a 23.976 fps mpeg-2 video (in ts container or m2v if you demux).
Old 5th April 2015, 23:47   #2006  |  Link
jriker1

Quote:
Originally Posted by manono View Post
\There's no sure-fire answer for that. Usually the correct answer is 'yes'. Read the manual about that. You opened all the VOBs at the same time, or just one?
I took the original DVD and stripped out the unnecessary info with DVDFab 9 so had a DVD with VOB's just related to the main movie. Then took all the VOB files in order of number and loaded them in DGIndex. At the end of the saving of the DG file that message popped up.

JR
Old 21st April 2015, 08:36   #2007  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Fan View Post
If it's a soft pulldown and not a hard pulldown, you can simply remove the pulldown flag with TSMuxer without re-encoding, you will get a 23.976 fps mpeg-2 video (in ts container or m2v if you demux).
I tried the above on the full VOB file from which this S3.E11-TestClip came. It did change the frame rate to 23.976 but the audio is now out of sync. I realize that this has nothing to do with QTGMC but my search for an answer led me here (where I'd come earlier--the top of page 99--for help). If anyone has the time or inclination I'd be very grateful for your time and expertise here. Thanks.
Old 21st April 2015, 11:52   #2008  |  Link
Music Fan

This is a mkv file, and I believe you should remove the flag from the original vob, because of potential mkv header problems. MediaInfo detects variable framerate (which is not good) and 23.976 fps as the original framerate.
You can cut an extract of the original vob with Dvd-Shrink in re-author mode (if you kept the VIDEO_TS folder).
And please let the sound to let us make tests and verify synch.

To ensure the mpeg-2 file is really soft pulldowned, use Gspot, old but still useful in some cases. It seems to be the case for your file (after extraction with MKVextract), but a test made with the original vob would be more reliable.

Last edited by Music Fan; 21st April 2015 at 12:02.
Old 23rd April 2015, 06:06   #2009  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Music Fan: if you're still willing to help the test clips are linked at the end of this thread. I don't want to hijack the QTGMC thread . Thanks.
Old 23rd April 2015, 10:21   #2010  |  Link
Music Fan

I'm not registered on this forum, you could open a new thread on doom9.
Old 29th April 2015, 01:20   #2011  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Music Fan: thanks for your willingness to help (and your patience). After much testing, it seems that a half dozen of my VOB files were corrupted; re-ripping the DVD's solved the problem. Again, thanks for your kindness .
Old 21st April 2017, 07:12   #2012  |  Link
nhope
partially-informed layman

Any chance of a moderator edit to the OP (in the style of the AviSynth+ post moderator edit), linking to real.finder's updates? Things have moved on a lot but they're difficult to find, especially for newcomers. -Vit-'s not going to do it as he hasn't been here since Nov' 14.

These seem to be the key posts to link to:
First Post: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...89#post1725289
Download 3.33s - 3.353s: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...5#post17328459
Download 3.354s on: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...09#post1796409

Perhaps also a reference to the need for updated plugins (requirements stated in the .avsi comments).

And perhaps also a link to http://avisynth.nl/index.php/QTGMC which includes -Vit-'s last build (3.33) which never appeared in his OP (only here).
Old 21st April 2017, 07:15   #2013  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Or create a new thread and close this one with a link...

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
Old 21st April 2017, 08:37   #2014  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
Or create a new thread and close this one with a link...
Much better.
Old 21st April 2017, 12:21   #2015  |  Link
tebasuna51

Post after May 2015 and today moved to new thread QTGMC Deinterlacing Script (v3.357)

Last edited by tebasuna51; 21st April 2017 at 12:31.
Closed Thread