Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 1st April 2009, 17:00   #1821  |  Link
herrde

Quote:
I used uncropMKV for the first time (1920x1080) and burn a disk with multiAVCHD and all worked fine both in the Samsung and the PS3 except... in the samsung there is a (small) flicker on the top and bottom of the screen right in the border of the black bars and the movie image itself.
I experienced a similar issue with my last couple of movies, but it's not uncropMKV-related, it must have something to do with tsmuxer OR the PS3, I believe - but maybe I'm wrong...

When I process a non-compliant resolution MKV in AVCHD/BD mode, burn the output to BD-R and play it back on my LCD TV with my PS3, I get a very fine and quite short horizontal green line on the left side of the screen between the actual movie and the big black bottom bar. That line is only a couple of cm long; it doesn't stretch all over the screen. The color reminds me of the Green which all PS3 owners saw before deank found a method of turning the big green bottom bar to black whenever a non-compliant resolution file was processed and played back in BD mode.

It's not that annoying as you can only see it in a dark movie scene and only when you really pay attention, but... it's there...

Best,

Gero
herrde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 17:00   #1822  |  Link
fifteen

feature request:

I'm compiling many (60+) non-chaptered m2ts files of different lengths into a multiBD disc. Can chapters be automatically generated near/at the end of each file so that I may use the next chapter function to make the player go to the next title.

The Samsung BD player I'm using doesn't allow you to skip titles without bringing up the display menu. (there is no next title button on the remote)

There is obviously not a huge need for this, but it would be a nicety.

(EDIT):

2nd feature request:

Can multiAVCHD support more than 40 titles? I would require at least 60. No menu support needed.

Last edited by fifteen; 1st April 2009 at 17:51.
fifteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 18:52   #1823  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

1) You can define your own chapter marks and have one at the end of your movies.

2) Only 40 titles in ver 2.5 -

I'm building another (completely different) version of multiAVCHD that will have support for as many titles as one may need, along with much more intuitive interface.

Menu has nothing to do with title count so it is not that easy to add more titles. The major problem comes with the Non_compliant titles that require another program fragment in movieobject. At this point multiAVCHD supports 80 titles but only 40 available (40 compliant or 40 non-compliant, or mixed but up to 40).

Last edited by deank; 2nd April 2009 at 17:23.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 19:18   #1824  |  Link
fifteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
I'm building another (completely different) version of multiAVCHD that will have support for as many titles as one may need, along with much more intuitive interface.
I'm not impatient, just curious....do you have an ETA on the new version?
Old 1st April 2009, 19:20   #1825  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

No deanbg.com is no corporation
Old 1st April 2009, 20:10   #1826  |  Link
ExSport

Why not?
ExSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 21:00   #1827  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Because it incorporates a single mind in 2hrs/day on a couch
Old 1st April 2009, 23:51   #1828  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Is it possible to combine two menu types ? (coverflow+tableview)
Atak_Snajpera is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 05:32   #1829  |  Link
jason_peters010

Deank,
Here is a link to a compressed file containing all of the contents of my SDHC card after creating 1 title on my Panasonic HDC-SD1. Please let me know if I can provide additional files/folders for testing. AVCHD authoring would be a very valuable thing for Panasonic Blu-ray owners.

http://www.mydocsonline.com/TU/49D43db6D4z2A6ba
jason_peters010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 08:26   #1830  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Is it possible to combine two menu types ? (coverflow+tableview)
How to combine them? And how does tableview look?
The biggest limitation is max. of 15 navigational buttons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_peters010 View Post
Deank,
Here is a link to a compressed file containing all of the contents of my SDHC card after creating 1 title on my Panasonic HDC-SD1.
I got it - thanks!
Old 2nd April 2009, 13:21   #1831  |  Link
BZeeme

2 more minor problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZeeme View Post
I'm trying multiAVCHD (with RipBot264) as a way to back up my "Heroes Season 1" discs to BD9's. I have two

problems with the XMB Menu.

1) One chapter title is "Don't Look Back". multiAVCHD replaces the apostrophe with a space - "Don t Look Back".

2) The background picture is way too dark. I thought the background was black until I looked closely.
Quote:
1) I will see if I can find a workaround for some special characters as ' which are not allowed at the

moment. You can change it to "Do not Look Back"

* edit *: Execute multiUPDATE.exe *** Quote symbols will be replaced by " ` " symbol now.

2) There is a slider: "Thumbnail Opacity". Move it to the far left and you'll see the background. You can play with the settings

in Menu tab-page.

1) Thanks.
2) I thought "Thumbnail" referred to the small picture for each video. Moving the slider to the 'right' gave me what I expected.

2 other problems:

3) I added the BDMV folder for a video with 5 chapters and checked "Keep original chapters" on the Muxer tab. After creating the 'multiBD', the XMB menu shows 11 chapter thumbnails (operational), but the chapter button on PowerDVD 7.3 finds the original 5 chapters. I haven't tried a stand-alone unit yet. (I want the original chapters if possible.)

4) On Windows 7 64bit, multiAVCHD works properly until an update is available - then it keeps appearing and disappearing (and reverts back to built 476). On Windows 7 32bit it works and updates properly. I can then copy the updated multiAVCHD from the 32bit system to the 64bit system and use it until the next update.
BZeeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 13:45   #1832  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Original chapters work only if present in imported MKV file or when importing older multiAVCHD compilation that has multiCHAP.txt file. There is no way to extract chapters from m2ts files (bdmv/avchd folders) at this time.

About the update... it is possible that for some reason multiUPDATE.exe is not allowed (permissions?) to download the new version that it causes a constant update-loop.
Old 2nd April 2009, 19:45   #1833  |  Link
jason_peters010

Forget to mention this but I had better state the obvious. The SD1 file/folder structure I posted plays succussfully on the SD slot of a DMP-BD35. Thanks.
jason_peters010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 19:54   #1834  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Yes, I know. SD output from camcoders is much MUCH different than standard bluray output and this is the main reason I delay the option to output mutliAVCHD compilations compatible with Panasoinc TV/BD-players with SD support.
Old 2nd April 2009, 20:33   #1835  |  Link
fifteen

Quote:
1) You can define your own chapter marks and have one at the end of your movies.
How do I this? I have a series of M2TS files, not MKV.
Old 2nd April 2009, 20:39   #1836  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

If you add these m2ts as different titles (i.e. you have 20 m2ts files and you add them in media tab as separate files, not as part of any AVCHD/BD structure) you can add corresponding .txt file for each imported file.

For example if you have 00014.m2ts you can have 00014.txt with chapter marks:

00:00:01.000;00:43:12.000

and the last chapter will be @ 43min 12sec.
Old 2nd April 2009, 20:41   #1837  |  Link
fifteen

Quote:
If you add these m2ts as different titles (i.e. you have 20 m2ts files and you add them in media tab as separate files, not as part of any AVCHD/BD structure) you can add corresponding .txt file for each imported file.

For example if you have 00014.m2ts you can have 00014.txt with chapter marks:

00:00:01.000;00:43:12.000

and the last chapter will be @ 43min 12sec.
Old 2nd April 2009, 20:53   #1838  |  Link
jdeiro
Brazilian PS3 Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZeeme View Post
4) On Windows 7 64bit, multiAVCHD works properly until an update is available - then it keeps appearing and disappearing (and reverts back to built 476). On Windows 7 32bit it works and updates properly. I can then copy the updated multiAVCHD from the 32bit system to the 64bit system and use it until the next update.
Well, it works perfectly on my system with the Win 7 x64 provided for the beta testers (Build 7000, I guess).

Cheers
jdeiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 23:10   #1839  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Please, always try to update to latest builds.

Since build 476 there were a lot of changes:

Code:
[20/03/2009] build 475 - UP/DOWN buttons in XMB now scroll through titles.
[22/03/2009] build 477 - Support for h.264 elementary streams as input files.
[23/03/2009] build 480 - Bugfixes and support for next version of AVCHD Manager
[23/03/2009] build 481 - TOOLS updated to latest releases (mkvinfo/mediainfo/mkvextract/mkvmerge/x264)
[26/03/2009] build 484 - Added support for bold/italic/underline SSA/ASS tags. Unknown tags are stripped. Bugfixes.
[30/03/2009] build 490 - Limited support for MP4 container. Support for AAC audio in MKV/MP4/MOV files. ffmpeg.exe required for AAC audio conversion.
[31/03/2009] build 491 - Fixed support/subtitle settings for SD sources (720x480). Updated uncropMKV to 0.4 in the package.
[01/04/2009] build 493 - Option for stricter AVCHD folder format in Settings when using multBD button. 
[03/04/2009] build 494 - Language options in multiLANG.ini for XMB-styled menu. ffmpeg in tools. uncropMKV ver 0.5. Bugfixes.
********************** - multiLANG.ini allows you to change 11 language tags for XMB styled menu.
Old 2nd April 2009, 23:56   #1840  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

@fifteen: I just now noticed that you asked for it 2 months ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifteen View Post
Is it in any way possible to navigate between the multiple titles using MultiAVCHD?? I'm looking for a way to hit the next/prev chapter buttons on a remote and go to the next/prev title on the disc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifteen View Post
feature request:
Can chapters be automatically generated near/at the end of each file so that I may use the next chapter function to make the player go to the next title.

Tags
avchd, blu-ray hd-dvd, mkv, multiavchd, re-author