Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 11th August 2007, 05:20   #641  |  Link
kabanero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Has123 View Post
how do you access your files. hdd, dvd, dlna server?
Memory Stick, USB HDD, USB flash drive, DVD, BD-RE.
kabanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2007, 05:32   #642  |  Link
Has123

It should recognize them. Do you have them in a video folder or used the "Display All" option? and if all fails try rename to mpg.
Has123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2007, 12:16   #643  |  Link
survivant

why I obtain this error ?

with a mpeg2-ts and ac3 into .vob, I obtain :"Attempted to divide by zero
at TsRemux.BlurayOutput.buildClipInfo(...,...) "
survivant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2007, 17:48   #644  |  Link
vlada

Could someone please test this file. It is a video from Panasonic AVCHD camcorder. It is 1080i PAFF so you need CoreAVC to decode it.

The problem is, that the file plays fine. But after demuxing to RAW stream (using TSRemux) and muxing to MP4 (YAMB 2.0.0.7) the video is completely broken (blocks, choppy, green). The same happens if I mux the h.264 in MKVToolnix to Matroska. Remuxing the video to .TS or .M2TS works fine.

I'm not really sure if the problem is in demux, but since the demuxed video shows same problems in MKV and MP4 I would guess the problem might be caused here.
vlada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2007, 18:37   #645  |  Link
TEB

AFAIK 1.9 FW PS3 will skip the audio pid if the extension is .mpg (if the mux model is TransportStream)
Ive tried .m2ts to no avail. Only thing that works is Programstream muxing if u want sound and video.
Im trying .mkv -> .ts as 192bytes pr. pack to test. Ill report when i get one running..

teb
TEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2007, 00:18   #646  |  Link
enjoyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACrowley View Post
well the VLC mkv to TS outputs a non compliant TS right ?

Perfect is Manzanita MP2TSME
http://www.manzanitasystems.com/mp2tsme_downloads.html

there you can download a demo

I don't know how to work with this tool atm lol but I will try tomorrow!

there are a lot of things you can edit, maybe someone with more experience can look at that tool.

Last edited by enjoyer; 12th August 2007 at 01:04.
enjoyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2007, 13:19   #647  |  Link
honai

Quote:
But after demuxing to RAW stream (using TSRemux) and muxing to MP4 (YAMB 2.0.0.7) the video is completely broken (blocks, choppy, green). The same happens if I mux the h.264 in MKVToolnix to Matroska. Remuxing the video to .TS or .M2TS works fine.

I'm not really sure if the problem is in demux, but since the demuxed video shows same problems in MKV and MP4 I would guess the problem might be caused here.
See this thread:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=128768
Old 14th August 2007, 08:16   #648  |  Link
vvetma

I have a problem remuxing TS stream...

It is 18Gb TS ripped from HD-DVD file with VC-1 video stream (1080p) and 3 audio stream (448kbs AC3 English, 640kbs AC3+ English and 384Kbs Chinese)...

I want to remove 2 audiotracks but when i try to remux it after minute or so of extensiv hdd activity i get OutOfMemory exception...

Computer is
Windows XP SP2 - all patches, fixes, etc
Intel Core2Duo 6700
2Gb DDR2

One more question...
Do you know any program that can convert SRT subtitle file into SUP file suitable for HD-DVD and compatible for muxing with TSRemux?

Thanks...
vvetma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2007, 08:29   #649  |  Link
vlada

I know Subtitle Creator can import HD SUBs, but I'm not sure if it can export them.
vlada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2007, 22:26   #650  |  Link
Has123

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvetma View Post
One more question...
Do you know any program that can convert SRT subtitle file into SUP file suitable for HD-DVD and compatible for muxing with TSRemux?

Thanks...
Try this. I really do not know it it will work.
http://www.digital-digest.com/softwa...?sid=878&did=1
Old 15th August 2007, 07:10   #651  |  Link
vvetma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Has123 View Post
Try this. I really do not know it it will work.
http://www.digital-digest.com/softwa...?sid=878&did=1
Thanks for your suggestion... but I've already tried it...

It's for regular DVDs and SUP stream format for HD-DVD is different...
vvetma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2007, 14:35   #652  |  Link
hhp

I use TsRemux 0.0.18 to keep 2 soundtracks and 1 subtitle from Blu-ray movie by Blu-ray output option, then I get a BDMV directory can play fine in PowerDVD 7.3 Ultra version.
But there's something strange that can't choose soundtrack and turn on the original subtitle, is this still not work fine or I missing something?
hhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2007, 14:48   #653  |  Link
Creator1

Problems using H264 TS with TSRemux

Hi all.

First of all i want to say a big to dmz01 for coding TSRemux. This utility has helped me greatly in the past week. I did extensive tests with it in that period of time.

I still have some problems though so I wonder if some of you can help me out here.

I mainly have 3 remaining problems now.

1) The most important problem so far is with an H264 SkyHD broadcast stream. I have no real problems with MPEG-2 files but when I use TSRemux on my 1920x1088i50 (25fps) AVC/AC3-5.1 stream, my PS3 will playback the clip fine but in low-res and I think stereo sound too when using the Blu-Ray option in TSRemux and when burning the structure on a BD-RE. What I mean is that the PS3 reverts back to 480p and then shows the clip. The playback is smooth and the audio is there and in sync but I think in stereo and the picture looks like crap of course since it's not displayed in 1080i. I would appreciate any help on this one because I didn't see anybody having this problem yet when reading the thread? I have an NTSC PS3 by the way (latest firmware) but I don't think it should make a difference? Also, I tried another small H264/AC3 2.0 clip that seemed to be 1920x1080 (not 1088) and it did the very same thing (I need to confirrm that it was 1080i but I am pretty sure, at least according to Premiere Pro CS3). The small clip I tried is available here:

http://x264.nl/h.264.samples/

It is the clip named "sky.movies.9.hd.ts". This plays back in low-res on the PS3 for me after passing it in TSRemux in Blu-Ray mode and burning the resulting structure to BD-RE.

Lastly on this point, if I use Nero Vision 4 and create an AVCHD structure on the HDD with the same "sky.movies.9.hd.ts" clip, Nero will re-encode it and the resulting .m2ts, .clpi and .mpls files will playback correctly in full resolution on my PS3 when I use those 3 files from Nero Vision's structure and copy them to the TSRemux structure or even DVDIt Pro HD structure. It seems like TSRemux is doing something wrong maybe? I am not interested in transcoding the clip so the Nero Vision way is not interesting to me even if it works.

2) I authored a BD in DVDIt Pro HD with two audio tracks. I made a menu with two buttons. The first button plays the single movie on the disc with the first audio track and the second button plays the movie with the second audio track. I then used TSRemux to create a blu-ray structure with the same clip with the two audio tracks and I replaced the .m2ts, .clpi and .mpls files in the DVDIt Pro HD structure like I always do and I burned the results to BD-RE (I do it because DVDIt Pro HD transcoded the clip). When i try the disc in the PS3, both buttons playback the movie with audio track #1. I cannot access the audio track #2. The PS3 Blu-Ray player menu will not switch audio tracks either when I press the switch audio button during playback.

3) When I use TSRemux with any MPEG-2 stream so far (I tried about 4 different streams: 2 were HDV from camcorders and the other 2 were from Broadcast HDTV 1080i60), I always need to first cut a small part of the TS at the beginning of it (like 1 or 2 seconds) with the application HDTVToMpeg before passing the TS in TSRemux to create a Blu-Ray structure. If I do not do the cut before, I get super choppy playback on the PS3 and no audio. I wonder why i have this because I didn't read nobody that have this problem in this thread? I can do the cut trick but I wonder why I need to do it? I need to use HDTVToMpeg because the other programs don't correct the problem. I noticed that HDTVToMpeg is not frame accurate for the cutting so it seems like it is cutting to "clean" boundaries or something. Maybe that as something to do with it? Videoredo also does not correct the problem even if I use it to cut a portion of the movie in the middle of it, etc.

Maybe I can add a last question to dmz01 or anyone who knows the specifics of the headers in MPEG-2 HD files. I cannot import my MPEG-2 broadcast streams in Scenarist HDMV (in elementary stream format) because it always say that "the value of DisplayExtension is not compliant with the BD Standard". What is DisplayExtension?

Thanks a lot in advance for any help!

Last edited by Creator1; 15th August 2007 at 14:54.
Creator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2007, 17:10   #654  |  Link
BDLAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creator1 View Post
but when I use TSRemux on my 1920x1088i50 (25fps) AVC/AC3-5.1 stream, my PS3 will playback the clip fine but in low-res and I think stereo sound too when using the Blu-Ray option in TSRemux and when burning the structure on a BD-RE. What I mean is that the PS3 reverts back to 480p and then shows the clip.
I have an NTSC PS3 by the way (latest firmware) but I don't think it should make a difference?
This is exactly the problem. The Bluray Player Firmware is different in the PAL version and supports 1080i/1088i with 50 Fields. The NTSC version scales down to 480p60.

The XMB player is identical in the PAL and NTSC version, adding a pulldown when 50 Hz clips are played.
BDLAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2007, 18:27   #655  |  Link
Creator1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDLAB View Post
This is exactly the problem. The Bluray Player Firmware is different in the PAL version and supports 1080i/1088i with 50 Fields. The NTSC version scales down to 480p60.

The XMB player is identical in the PAL and NTSC version, adding a pulldown when 50 Hz clips are played.
Ah damn. Ok thanks for the answer. I wonder why it worked for the AVCHD with Nero Vision 4? Hmmm, I think I chose NTSC though when I did the AVCHD with Nero... maybe Nero transcoded the clip in 60 frames and that's why all was fine after that. I will check this out in more details tonight.

It seems like my only workaround for this problem of mine will be transcoding to 60 fps if I want BDMV or else I'll need to listen to the clip in the dash with stereo sound if I can get the clip to work in full res but it seems I'll be able to that way from what you said.

Old 16th August 2007, 14:32   #656  |  Link
Creator1

I did some more tests yesterday night with H264 TS to blu-ray using TSRemux (no re-encode) and it seems you were right BDLAB.

I changed the header of my 25 FPS H264 TS source to 23.976 or 29.97 before passing it in TSRemux using h264info. The result was that the clip finally played in high res but the PS3 was not deinterlacing anymore so it wasn't pretty in 1080i output mode.

The best method so far is to use Nero Vision 4. It will re-encode the stream and all works fine BUT it seems that he leaves the framerate to 25FPS and it still plays to full res on my PS3? Something is weird in all this. Maybe the creator of TSRemux can do a patch for NTSC machines when using a 25 fps h264 source since the 25 fps Nero Vision 4 clip played perfectly on my PS3 in BDMV? I am just wondering what did Nero do to make the clip to play correctly on my PS3 since the fps stayed at 25 according to Premiere Pro CS3 at least?
Old 17th August 2007, 07:30   #657  |  Link
mic64

How do you change the header from 25 fps to 23.976 in h264 TS ?
mic64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2007, 13:54   #658  |  Link
Has123

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic64 View Post
Use h264info after you demux the stream. http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=123392
Old 17th August 2007, 14:47   #659  |  Link
Creator1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic64 View Post
Demux the stream and use h264info on the H264 elementary stream. Then you need to fill all the boxes with the value you want to put in the header. Typically put the framerate, 1 for the second thing, then put 4.1 for the level and 1920x1088 or 1920x1080.

Anybody else has that choppy playback if they don't cut the start of the stream after passing it in tsremux? I find that weird.
Old 17th August 2007, 22:28   #660  |  Link
mic64

aah ok this way.
But this is not good idea.
H264info destroys sometimes the stream.
After running 100% perfect files through it, some came out with errors.
mic64 is offline   Reply With Quote