Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 14th August 2006, 13:35   #41  |  Link
LAIN
RealAnime dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eretria-chan
Sigh...
Sorry to hear you were offended. My words were not meant to offend. Sorry, sorry...
Ok, sorry for acting like this, but the way that you tell it was very confusing and it's even worse when you wake up and you read this kind of stuff!!!
Old 14th August 2006, 13:36   #42  |  Link
Eretria-chan

Why do I use C++? Is it the speed? No. It's the power is brings. This is what makes me love the language. I don't like C#. It's too overly simplistic. And it's turning into another VB.
I like control - and control is what you loose when using C#. Everything is done behind the scenes - just like VB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAIN
Ok, sorry for acting like this, but the way that you tell it was very confusing and it's even worse when you wake up and you read this kind of stuff!!!
I understand. Again, truly sorry.
Eretria-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2006, 14:40   #43  |  Link
Eretria-chan

Updating to alpha 2. New error checking is in place as well as a overhaul of most of the code.
It will now store all encoded files in C:\Output with the original name, but with a mkv extension. So it is possible to do batch-encoding now. I hope.
Let's see what we can do about compability now...

Last edited by Eretria-chan; 14th August 2006 at 14:56.
Old 14th August 2006, 18:40   #44  |  Link
ChronoCross
Does it really matter?

Quote:
Let's face it: MeGUI is *advanced*. I don't want advanced software because I don't know enough to make use of it. RealAnime on the other hand is basically... drag & drop files. Click start. Leave and don't look back. What could be easier? THAT is how I want it.
But also remember that I am willing to look beyond areas where Sirber will not look with RealAnime. And since this is written in C++, I can contribute as much as I want, unlike Delphi.
for someone who likes functionality of C++ you don't seem to be able to handle anything other than drag and drop.

As for me not seeing behind the scenes.....I just know what I've seen from your first alpha.....which is basically a bat file maker....cause that's all it does. Really detrimental to the encoding community. You should have considered waiting until you had more than 1 feature to release anything. It would be like releasing windows vista with only the boot screen.
ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2006, 18:43   #45  |  Link
Eretria-chan

I wanted to know the opinion on the GUI, actually. There is yet a lot to be done. This wasn't much about features, but style.
Old 14th August 2006, 18:57   #46  |  Link
Sirber
retired developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eretria-chan
This wasn't much about features, but style.
If by style you mean empty and dull...
Old 14th August 2006, 19:03   #47  |  Link
Eretria-chan

That's the kinda input I was looking for Okay, seriously, I messed something up. It isn't showing the picture properly (but noone bothered to complain about anything).
I want to add compability, but I can't get the cursed avs2wav.exe to WORK, damn you!

Last edited by Eretria-chan; 14th August 2006 at 19:06.
Old 14th August 2006, 21:34   #48  |  Link
Eretria-chan

Alright, alpha 3 is ready. Compability is vastly improved. Anything that is supported by mkvmerge is supposed, basically. Audio encoding is improved as well, now it won't fail on some types of audio. Fixed the GUI, now the picture shows properly.
Good riddance. Now I need a break.
Some things are still not working, of course, but it will come in time.
Old 14th August 2006, 21:36   #49  |  Link
Sirber
retired developer

so betas are tomorrow, rcs in 2 days and final in 3 days?
or you are aiming for alpha 60?
Old 14th August 2006, 21:50   #50  |  Link
Eretria-chan

Dunno. Got a lot of time on my hands and I've simply written the basic parts.
Of course, that will be all there is unless there are lots of feature requests. And that doesn't seem too likely now.
Old 14th August 2006, 21:54   #51  |  Link
Sirber
retired developer

downlaoded the 7z, ran it, then got that.
Old 14th August 2006, 21:56   #52  |  Link
Eretria-chan

EDIT: It seems to be an error with the application. I'll look into it.
EDIT2: New archive uploaded. This one runs fine for me.

Last edited by Eretria-chan; 14th August 2006 at 22:02.
Old 14th August 2006, 22:00   #53  |  Link
karl_lillevold

Also a runtime problem? I have MSVC .NET 2003, not 2005
Old 14th August 2006, 22:01   #54  |  Link
Eretria-chan

That looks like a runtime problem. Runtime is available in the first post. After installing it, the application should start.
Old 14th August 2006, 22:29   #55  |  Link
Eretria-chan

Uploading another version with some small additions. The stop encode button hopefully works now. You can still click the X on the progress dialog to cancel, though.
Added a remove button.
Added missing error code for some audio and video errors.
Old 15th August 2006, 00:59   #56  |  Link
bratao

I like it,

BTW, you should find space creating a mencoder Gui.
With this , you only need to distribuite one program, and have a lot of good opitions.
No more editing a .Avs script only to use a subtitle, and you only need to make command line to encode even the sound.
And have the funtion that i REALLY love, the oac copy .
It copy the original audio to the encoded one, without no sych error, without ocupating space in disk, witout so much work.

If you can , i like to see the source
bratao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2006, 01:01   #57  |  Link
Eretria-chan

Mencoder does not accept avisynth and does not have the same capabilities that avisynth has.
You want to look at the source? Why?
Old 15th August 2006, 02:38   #58  |  Link
bratao

Sure, mencoder can accept avs
http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer-win32.php

I wanna see the source, because i know c++, and maybe i can help you in my free time
bratao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2006, 09:41   #59  |  Link
Shinobu
Satsuki'S Softs Maker

@Eretria-chan
"I don't like C#. I don't care if it's better than C++. C# is like Visual Basic. You trade power for easiness. And I don't like that."
isn't it exactly what you did when you use realanime instead of megui ?

"and control is what you loose when using C#. Everything is done behind the scenes - just like VB."
exactly like like in simples guis, all is done behind ^^.

don't get the bad idea, i love simplified gui i've make a lot of it (released on my website or for my eyes only if it's too specific).
i just don't like your programming language arguments... i do all my guis in vb6 and it's more than enough for that, i'm not a programmer and will nether be one, so the vb give me the opportunity to send my time on the software devel and not on the learning of the language.
You may understand that before you critisise all easy to use programming language and by the way, the programmer who use them ....
Shinobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2006, 10:44   #60  |  Link
Robutix
Registered Pusher

Yup, C++ is next to C in the bottom of programming languages. It's language is very basic yet powerful enough for object-oriented programming. I think that's why Eretria is not much open in learning new languages higher than C++. But it needs a lot of implementations to self-construct to comply with many functions of GUIs today. Maybe that's why a lot of d9 devs are using higher-level languages. IMO.

And about the initial RA thread that was closed? I was there! And I know who brought up those selfish issues into Sirber's nerves making him request for that thread closed.

@Eretria
Better make a heavy test for bugs first before releasing an alpha everyday. Since no-one will find your alpha useful if they will encounter bugs instantly right after starting your program.

PS: The word "Anime" also appearing in your program's name only proves its existence as a clone. Not codewise but in terms of its purpose. (Same purpose intended by RA but with different features you personally preferred.) I thought you want it to be more than just encoding Anime videos? Like non-anime profiles? Then the current name would be inappropriate (and obviously derived from RA). Just a suggestion if you don't mind...

Last edited by Robutix; 15th August 2006 at 11:01.
Robutix is offline   Reply With Quote