Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > HDTV / DVB / TiVo

Old 10th July 2003, 19:25   #1  |  Link
hijacker

TS to DVD?

I am a n00b in this so please be gentle if I what I write makes no sense.

I've recently bought a Dreambox Digital SatTV receiver wich I find working very well. I can record signal directly to a hard disk I've put inside the component and the image is perfect.

So I went and recorded a concert that was broadcasted on VIVA and now I want to burn it on DVD so that I could watch it anytime on my DVD player. The format I get is TS. I can play it on Dreambox or copy it to my local computer and use ElegMpeg codec to play it on my PC.

Here is what I know so far. I need to use program called PVAStrumento and extract MPEG2 movie out of the TS file. I can do that in two way. To get a direct MPG sufix file or demux it as MPV and MPA.

Now how do I edit this files, like crop out the comercials, and make a DVD VOB files out of it? Any tips on how to start?
Old 10th July 2003, 23:23   #2  |  Link
chadamir

If you get elecard mpeg2 decoder from there http://www.elecard.com/download/ and tmpegenc plus, you can load ts files into it and convert straight to dvd. You can alsoo get tmpegenc regular but that has a 30 day limit. That should do it. Also under other options in tmpeg under advance, change video arrange method to full screen keep aspect ratio 1 for widescreen and 2 for full screen. Good luck.

-chad
chadamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2003, 06:06   #3  |  Link
hijacker

Great! I am gonna try this as soon as I get home from work. Any tip on how to edit the MPEG file? Like remove out the comercials? I know I can't use VirtualDub on MPEG2 file, so is there another software that can do that?
Old 11th July 2003, 14:44   #4  |  Link
chadamir

you can use virtualdubmpeg2, which does support mpeg2. Or you can probably use the cut tools in tmpeg but id worry about syncing with those.
chadamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2003, 18:52   #5  |  Link
bb

Why do you re-encode?

I use PVACut 3.50 / PVAView to cut at GOPs, then PVAstrumento to convert the transport stream into a program stream (you can use the Java program ds.jar, too).

By the way: if you don't have a PVA file to begin with: no problem. Use PVAstrumento to get it from your MPEG-2 TS.

No re-encoding this way, and much faster than the TMPGEnc way.

bb
bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2003, 08:33   #6  |  Link
FreQi

You should check the sticky on DTV Tools. I never finished writing how to do the audio, but it'll get you started on processing the transport streams at least.
FreQi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2003, 09:05   #7  |  Link
Herske

>You should check the sticky on DTV Tools

Nope, some of these tools are useless for European users.

Im using ds.jar in order to convert/demux the stream, it is *very* forgiving of stream errors, and it doesn't drop GOPS as PVAstrumento does. I'm using mpeg2cut (fast mpeg2 splitter/cutter based on DVD2AVI) for basic editing. I demux the stream and the I use DVDPatcher in order to patch the headers to make it "dvd compliant".
Herske is offline   Reply With Quote