Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 22nd December 2009, 20:55   #41  |  Link
pio011

Thanks. But what do you think about the changes in the mpls files? I think this is the reason for the missing pop-up.
pio011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 21:24   #42  |  Link
crl2007

No, the pop-up menu is not included in the same mpls or in the same m2ts as the movie, but it's linked to it.

Last edited by crl2007; 22nd December 2009 at 21:34.
crl2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 23:21   #43  |  Link
pio011

Quote:
Originally Posted by crl2007 View Post
No, the pop-up menu is not included in the same mpls or in the same m2ts as the movie, but it's linked to it.
Yes it is! It's linked within the same mpls! Or at least, I am quite sure. Take a look here to the "White paper Blu-ray Disc Format", found here:

http://www.blu-raydisc.com/Assets/Do...2955-15269.pdf

On Page 13 it says:

Quote:
2.2 Mechanism to realize “Browsable Slideshow”, “Pop-up Menu” and “Text subtitle” applications
BD-ROM provides a framework to realize “Browsable Slideshow”, “Pop-up Menu” and “Text subtitle” applications by providing a mechanism called “sub-path”.
The sub-path is a structure that enables the author to easily add a separate (out-of-mux) stream to the main Clip on the main-path.
Figure 2-5 shows the relation between the main-path and the sub-path in case of Text subtitle application. As shown in the figure, a SubPlayItem is logically added to the PlayItem in the PlayList to associate a separate Clip (SubPath) to the PlayItem on the Main path. The text subtitle presentation path using the SubPlayItem is synchronized with the main path using PlayItems in the PlayList.
The question is now: How to edit the .mpls and re-link the subpath to the m2ts/pop up menu? BDedit only gives very limited access...

Last edited by pio011; 22nd December 2009 at 23:24.
Old 23rd December 2009, 09:58   #44  |  Link
crl2007

I've showed you that you can have the pop-up menu if you edit the disc correctly. If you don't replace the original mpls and the original clpi, then you should have a fully working menu. Maybe with the clpi file there can be exceptions, cases in which you can replace them, but the mpls must remain the same. As I said to you, these kind of menus are linked to the main movie, so, implicitly, they are linked to the original mpls. As you can see in your main movie playlist that you posted here, you don't have a second video stream assigned to it. Now I'm gonna ask you to try on your ps3 the same disc, but the original one. To see if you have pop-up menu on the original one. It's impossible to have main menu and not pop-up, because it is the same principle when it comes to IGS menus. The informations are stored in the same place.
Old 23rd December 2009, 20:12   #45  |  Link
pio011

The original disc has a pop-up, and it works! If I leave the original mpls, the disc starts and the main menu works also, but the main movie does not start at all (only the time counter shows, as if the movie is playing). Maybe its because I am also replacing an audio-track with a different coding (new: ac3 / old: lpcm)? But then again, I have edited the orignal mpls of the main movie in BDedit and changed the (expected) audio tracks in it to make it fit to the new audio in the new m2ts. Still, nothing plays...
Old 23rd December 2009, 20:46   #46  |  Link
crl2007

It has nothing to do with this. You have to keep the original mpls, so it's impossible for the movie not to start. The errors would be from chapters, if they were any. There is no way that the video won't start, unless you are doing something wrong with the names of original and edited disc. Every single BD worked, only you have this problem from all the forums where I've posted my guide. People replaced subtitle streams, audio streams, removed streams, everything.
Old 24th December 2009, 14:25   #47  |  Link
pio011

Hmmmm...strange: I have analyzed the discs: The Chapters differ from each other - allthough I have copied the chapters from BDedit. The new start from 10 minutes later?!? In tsMuxer the chapters were exactly the same as in the original. After muxing...10 minutes later. But only in the "new" mpls...or are the chapters in the m2ts also wrong???

Thank you for you patience
and merry x-mas,
pio
Old 24th December 2009, 15:30   #48  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

It happens because tsMuxeR uses different base IN_TIME (00:00:11.650 or something like this, I can't remember). Chapters set in mpls files and fine/coarse tables in clpi files are based on it... in other words, all packets in the remuxed m2ts carry different PTS stamps compared to the original m2ts file... That's why I find it strange that it even works if one keeps the original clpi+mpls files.
Old 24th December 2009, 16:09   #49  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

I wonder if it's possible to ID the specific offset, then use BDEdit to adjust the times. Probably a lot of work!?

I've been using the basic technique of substituting tsMuxeR .clpi and .mpls (and .m2ts) files into a menu structure made by MovieFactory, and while they work-and-play from MF's main menu, and the chapters seem to be alright, they don't return to the main menu properly following an episode.

Been meaning to try multiAVCHD instead for this but have found it intimidating and just haven't gotten 'round to it yet (is very easy w/MF to make such a disc).
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2009, 16:36   #50  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserfan View Post
Been meaning to try multiAVCHD instead for this but have found it intimidating and just haven't gotten 'round to it yet (is very easy w/MF to make such a disc).
MultiAVCHD is really pretty simple and straight forward once you try it a few times. I think you should give it a shot, and then give some feedback on your experience laserfan.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2009, 17:14   #51  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserfan View Post
I wonder if it's possible to ID the specific offset, then use BDEdit to adjust the times. Probably a lot of work!?
You can see the IN TIME in BDEdit, and you can change it via HEX editor. I posted about this some time ago here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
MultiAVCHD is really pretty simple and straight forward once you try it a few times.
It became a bit tough to use, but usually works with all set to default
Old 24th December 2009, 18:25   #52  |  Link
crl2007

@deank It's a surprise for me too that it works with the original clpi and mpls, but that's the only way to keep the pop-up menu on this discs.

As I said, he should have had problems with chapters, IN-END Time, but not with the pop-up in this style.

Yeah, multiavchd is very useful, but it does not keep the menu. Maybe deank will do a miracle and puts together a remuxer for IGS components.

Or you can leave it w/o menu, and zapp through chapters directly from your player's remote control.
Old 24th December 2009, 19:09   #53  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Yeah, multiavchd is very useful, but it does not keep the menu. Maybe deank will do a miracle and puts together a remuxer for IGS components.
Extending multiAVCHD's options is limitless, so it is a task for 2010... A lot of things are to come with the next major version, it is that it takes a bit more for a one-man-team like mine.
Old 24th December 2009, 19:36   #54  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
You can see the IN TIME in BDEdit, and you can change it via HEX editor. I posted about this some time ago here.
Quote:
In this picture the marker is at the start of the in-point and the out-point is in red (019BFCC0 - 01C5D266) = 60.926 seconds. Blanking it from 60sec to 1sec would require to add 0xAFC8 (which is 1000ms or 45kHz clicks/s) to 0x019BFCC0 (which is the in_point), resulting in out_point= 019CAC88
Thanks, I remember that thread, and I'm afraid your comments are at least several meters over my head!

I'm gonna look real hard at multiAVCHD over the holidays...
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2009, 16:05   #55  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
@deank It's a surprise for me too that it works with the original clpi and mpls, but that's the only way to keep the pop-up menu on this discs.

As I said, he should have had problems with chapters, IN-END Time, but not with the pop-up in this style.
I was really mistaken about tsMuxeR IN_TIME.. it is 10minutes, not 11.650 seconds... I don't know what confused me earlier... Like in the quote above:

0x019BFCC0 / 0xAFC8 = 600 seconds = 10 minutes.

Most commercial discs have IN-TIME of 00:00:11.650 (0x07FFFF), that's why the guide doesn't really work with all discs without HEX editing.

I ripped my first Blu-ray disc today (Ghost Rider), using my Playstation3's Yellow Dog Linux and decrypted it with the trial of AnyDVDHD...

The disc is purely HDMV authored (no Java) and by using the 'transcode' in multiAVCHD I got the movie only AVCHD version in just 2 hours in 1280x720 ~ 4.4GB to play it in my PS3 with the external HDD, without the need of the blu-ray disc. Although it is a function of multiAVCHD for almost an year - it was the 1st time I tried it

Then with some playlist tweaks I got the original POP-UP/MAIN menu working in my FAT32 AVCHD compilation It is not really easy to automate the process in multiAVCHD when multiple titles are used, but for one-title-compilation it may be much easier.

Here is what happened (you can see that the ripped disc is now converted to 1280x720 ):

Old 28th December 2009, 01:10   #56  |  Link
Capsbackup

Very nice deank, this looks encouraging!
Is there a procedure/tutorial you can share as to how to go about this?
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2009, 12:57   #57  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Basically it is down to using the original blu-ray disc files and replacing the main movie with the reencoded one, editing the original .mpls file to set new in/out times and chapter points. Of course this works when the menu is in a separate m2ts file and the main movie is in one m2ts file.

Sadly, pop-up menu doesn't work in AVCHD mode (tested in Playstation3). It works in TMT and Nero, but not in PS3. The original main menu works just fine.

Now the cool part... as a by-product of my attempts I successfully created MOTION MENU + AUDIO in multiAVCHD!
Old 28th December 2009, 20:53   #58  |  Link
crl2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank
Basically it is down to using the original blu-ray disc files and replacing the main movie with the reencoded one, editing the original .mpls file to set new in/out times and chapter points. Of course this works when the menu is in a separate m2ts file and the main movie is in one m2ts file.
Just as I said in my guide, but I am for keeping the original ones with IGS and replacing them with java based menus. It is much easier to replace than hex edit, especially if you don't know jack about hex. The functionality remains the same I see. In AVCHD mode the pop-up doesn't work either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank
Sadly, pop-up menu doesn't work in AVCHD mode (tested in Playstation3). It works in TMT and Nero, but not in PS3. The original main menu works just fine.
So this was pio's problem all along.

Now, I have an idea, if it's possible of course:

To implement something like this in multiavchd. Open bdmv folder - goes to streams ( video + audio + subtitles ) - replace whatever you want, the chapters to be read directly from bdedit, all the replacing to be done automatically and in the end to have a fully functional BD with a fully functional menu.
Old 29th December 2009, 02:47   #59  |  Link
Blinky7

Hi there. I am pretty much testing the same stuff as you. I wanted to replace some useless (to me) subs with Greek ones while keeping the menus, and I started with the simple idea to ask TSmuxer to give an m2ts file as an export file, and get that file to replace the original movie file in the BD folder. Very simploe and it actually worked for a movie. But failed the next 3 I tried..... so I understood that the CLPI and MPLS files are linked with the M2TS file and are important too, and while searching I gound your guide.

Well, my own testing has given me these results :
If the movie has Java popup menu (my test movie was Dodgeball) then you can replace all 3 files (m2ts-clpi-mpls) and you are fine. If the popup is not Java, then replacing only the m2ts file didnt work for either of my 2 test movies (Wedding Crashers and Notebook). After trial and error I found out you need to keep the original mpls file, but replace both the m2ts and the clpi file for it to work. This way it worked for both. Because I want to find a universal method that workes for both BDjava menu movies and the rest, I then tried Dodgeball again, this time keeping hte original mpls file (to see if changing the clpi and m2ts is enough for ALL movies to work OK and then this could be considered a universal approachm, something good for a guide, even if a step is unnecessary for some movies).
Well, it worked, but I noticed the chapters were not working correctly. I initially thought about the advice you gave to Mamaki earlier in this thread, about TSmuxer reading the chapter times incorrectly. But that was not the case. Then I thought it could be a problem with BD-java movies because before I replaced the clpi file they worked great, but going to check Wedding crashers and Notebook, I saw the same problem existed there too. So it didnt have to do with the type of movie, it was just introduced when changing the CLPI file, something that was necessary for non-java movies.

What is the problem you ask? Well, whenever you go to a point in the movie between 0 and 10mins, it always starts the movie from the begining. The chapter info is correct, but simply going to the first 2 chapters (which are typically below 10mins) you get the movie begining. Even if I press with my mouse on the bar of powerdvd at any point below the 10min mark I see the movie from the begining. The timing on powerdvd is not affected mind you....for example if I press on the 7th minute, the timing will go to 00:07:00/01:34:42 and move up from there on, but the video being played will be the start of the movie.

By the above trial and error procedure, it's clear that it has to do with the CLPI file and that there is this magical limit of 10mins up to which it does not work correctly....

Does this happen to you? Any ideas?
Blinky7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2009, 10:34   #60  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
In AVCHD mode the pop-up doesn't work either way.

So this was pio's problem all along.

Now, I have an idea, if it's possible of course:
I wanted to say that it doesn't work in AVCHD played from USB drive. It is possible that it will work if burned to a DVD disc, but I'll test it later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinky7 View Post
Hi there. I am pretty much testing the same stuff as you. ... What is the problem you ask? Well, whenever you go to a point in the movie between 0 and 10mins, it always starts the movie from the begining. The chapter info is correct, but simply going to the first 2 chapters (which are typically below 10mins) you get the movie begining.

Does this happen to you? Any ideas?
It is caused by the default IN_TIME which tsMuxeR uses (00:10:00.000) and it is different than the one from the original blu-ray disc. To get it working correctly, you need to change the values in the .mpls file.