Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 20th September 2006, 20:31   #421  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
Honestly, I have nothing to say for my defense!
It was a joke, Sir! I just wanted to say that that plugin is a gadget, and I don't want to assume any responsibility. "Use it at your own risk!" is really the only thing I have to say. The criticism about the vobu plugin comes from myself.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2006, 10:30   #422  |  Link
jinjin_jp

Quote:
Originally Posted by blutach View Post
I didn't think so and suspected VobBlanker would give that cell table mismatch error and use the VTS_C_ADT table entry.

Probably DVD Remake Pro can eliminate this for good.
I tried DvdReMakePro. The result was same as VobBlanker. It corrects VTS_PGCITI according to VTS_C_ADT.

Regards.
jinjin_jp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2006, 12:14   #423  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

@jinjin_jp - your research, as always, is terrific!

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2006, 15:55   #424  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

What (else) can cause Elapsed Time to reset at chapter (cell) changes?

See title--now that I'm using my old Sony DVP-S7000 again, having learned how to burn DVD+R discs that it will play, I have one little problem that has always existed and if I can I'd like to fix it: any homemade disc that I make will not display the running time of a movie thru a new chapter/cell location. So I can't tell how far I am into a movie--only the time since this chapter was entered. It resets to zero whether just playing-thru the cell change normally, or searching to the next/previous chapter.

The ripping & backup process do not to my knowledge change anything about the commands on a disc--at least, if the cells were 8s before (seamless playback joint) they are 8s after, so I don't know what my Sony doesn't like about these discs.

Can any of the smart people here suggest another reason for this? The burning software that I use is RecordNow 7.3--as I type this it occurs to me to try ImgBurn and see if it makes any difference. Other ideas?

Hope no one is offended that I would ask within this thread--but my Searching suggests that all of the discussion of elapsed time & time maps has been taking place here!
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2006, 16:20   #425  |  Link
Sir Didymus

Mhhh, well, the cell flags, that you may easily check with PgcEdit [he, he, this way we stay more or less in topic... ] should have their values unchanged respect to the original.

Apart this, on what I know, just SCR (that should not reset to 0) and PTS (that should be continuous across seamless played cells) may affect the display time...

Also sri_fwd and sri_bwd tables, in the nav packs near to the cell borders should have no glitches... But I am not really sure this last one can be a factor...

Out of curiosity, what authoring tool are you using (if any...) in the process ?

Cheers,
SD
Sir Didymus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2006, 16:53   #426  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Thanks SD, it turns out we have a rather serious PEBCAK error here. After burning w/ImgBurn and checking again in-depth, this player apparently DEFAULTS to "Time by Chapter" mode! I only needed to change to "Time by Title" and it's good...

I only found it after I double-checked with the original DVD, and then got one of my old discs from 1997, and the player still reset by chapter. Suprised it defaults to this--the player has been removed from power many times (and for long periods) recently.

Sorry for the distraction; I think that's my second bonehead post in this thread this week alone! Giving myself a "strike" and slinking away now...

I did learn ImgBurn beats the heck out of my RecordNow 7.3!
Old 21st September 2006, 17:35   #427  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserfan View Post
Thanks SD, it turns out we have a rather serious PEBCAK error here. After burning w/ImgBurn and checking again in-depth, this player apparently DEFAULTS to "Time by Chapter" mode! I only needed to change to "Time by Title" and it's good...
So does my Sony DVD-S725D too. Seems it's a signature of the Sony players.
BTW, my player can also display the remaining time of the current chapter or of the whole movie. Great feature, not available on many players! However, the recent Sony models are very poor. You can display only the elapsed time of the whole PGC. Dot. Pity! And not to mention the other missing features...
Old 21st September 2006, 21:32   #428  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
Seems it's a signature of the Sony players.
Not my 2. Must be fakes

But they display time by title, chapter and as r0lZ says, remaining times which is quite cool too (although I must confess to watching the movie rather than the counter)

Regards

Old 21st September 2006, 22:09   #429  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by blutach View Post
...I must confess to watching the movie rather than the counter...
You probably have a much younger bladder than I do! I sometimes sneak a peek to see if I should stop the movie or if it will be over soon!

Thank you guys for giving me a pass on this blunder!
Old 29th October 2006, 03:42   #430  |  Link
HKT3020_1

I'm pretty sure this question gets asked time and time again but I just want to clarify. What is the correct way to remove the layer break with PgcEdit. Reason I ask is because my brother got his hands on MI:3 today and well on the layer break there is a half a second pause. On the DVD5 version I'm about to create with DVD-RB, I want seamless playback. Thanks for any help.
HKT3020_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2006, 04:46   #431  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

See the guide on the PgcEdit site. You need to tick seamless layer break.

http://www.digital-digest.com/~bluta...pgcedit_v2.htm

Regards

Old 29th October 2006, 09:41   #432  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Anyway, the ripping programs removes the layer break automatically in most cases, unless you have disabled this option.

See also this post for a complete explanation.
Old 29th October 2006, 10:53   #433  |  Link
kumi
Straight to video

Just a minor question about time maps:

Let's say I run 'rebuild time map of current PGC' on my main movie PGC, and I get a PGC Playback Time of 01:34:19.01 (at 30fps).

If I then 'Edit PGC', I get a warning:

Code:
WARNING: The PGC Playback Time (01:34:19.01 (at 30fps)) doesn't match the total of the cells times (01:34:18.26 (at 30fps)).

Fix it?
If I click Yes, the next time I rebuild the time map I get:

Code:
Some times have been fixed in VTS_TMAPTI of VTS 1:

VTS 1, PGC 2 playback time: 01:34:18.26 -> 01:34:19.01
So which one is right? 'Edit PGC' or 'Rebuild time map' ?

By the way thank you so much for continuing to improve PgcEdit, it's become an indispensable tool. And fun to use
kumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2006, 11:10   #434  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Rebuild Time Map is probably right, as it looks in the VOBs for the correct values.
Edit PGC does only a simple check: the sumn of the cells is supposed to be exactly identical to the total time. If it's not the case after Rebuild Time Map, it's a good indication that there is something wrong in the cells table. It's often (always?) the case with ARccOS/RipGuard protected DVDs.
Anyway, the best method to re-synchronize all timings is to process the title with FixVTS. It will fix the cell times and the total time of the PGC.
Old 29th October 2006, 20:55   #435  |  Link
kumi
Straight to video

Great tip, thanks.
kumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2006, 10:55   #436  |  Link
frank
Banned

Direct burning with ImgBurn 2.1.0.0

Hello r0lZ,

ImgBurn now can burn DVD folders directly.
Can you implement that for single DVD+R/DVD-R?
Burning without ISO is much simpler and faster.

For Double Layer disks I would stay on ISO creation because of the world best control over the LB.
frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2006, 11:41   #437  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Well, I don't see the advantage of adding that in PgcEdit.

As you know, the current PgcEdit method use a rather complex method to determine the layer break position, and to offset the files to align it properly on an ECC block. But, as far as I know, ImgBurn v2 does exactly the same thing. If you like the PgcEdit method, you should like the ImgBurn method as well.
Currently, ImgBurn has no preview, but I've heard that it will use the PgcEdit preview in the next release! So, there is no reason to duplicate LUK's excellent work in PgcEdit.
Anyway, ImgBurn (in Build mode) recomputes the VTS sectors anyway, so it is useless to modify them with PgcEdit before the burn.

But I like to launch ImgBurn in build mode, ready with the right parameters, from PgcEdit. It's easy: you have just to create a new entry in the Tools menu. Here are the parameters I use:

Label: Build with ImgBurn
Application: C:\Program Files\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.exe
Arguments: /MODE ISOBUILD /BUILDMODE DEVICE /FILESYSTEM "ISO9660 + UDF" /SRC "%d" /VOLUMELABEL "%l" /IBG "D:\%l.ibg"
Working folder: %d (2nd. option in the dialog)
The Save DVD before and Run in background options are ticked.

Note that the IBG file for DVDInfoPro is automatically created in the root folder of D:\
The same disc label than in PgcEdit is used by default.
Of course, you can change the arguments line to suit your needs.
Old 31st October 2006, 13:04   #438  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

You can also turn on automatic creation of IBG files in ImgBurn's settings (under Graph Data).

If you prefer to build to ISO, change the /BUILDMODE argument to IMAGEFILE

Also, ImgBurn will automatically pick up the label in the TXT-DATA field, if one is present. If not, it will pick up the parent folder of VIDEO_TS's name. So, there is no need to specify this field.

Regards

Old 1st November 2006, 17:17   #439  |  Link
frank
Banned

Good idee! I will test it.

I have burnt a Double Layer dvd in build mode with all the new features (32k space, seamless LB) and ImgBurn worked perfectly.
The LB address had a difference of 2 bytes but the cause is probably another UDF header.

If we could set the used features via cmd line then PgcEdit would have no problem to control the burning.
frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2006, 04:41   #440  |  Link
J-Wo

I'm encountering an error with PgcEdit 7.4 when in trace mode. I have the program set up to automatically display the preview window and start playing the current cell when in trace mode. The problem is that most times, instead of the preview window I get an error message (see attachment). I then get a blank PgcEditPreview window, which I can either close or leave open. Doesn't matter which because when I trace the next cell, the error message reoccurs. Only closing PgcEdit and re-openning solves the problem, but then the message always comes back. I've noticed this for the last several versions. Do I have something wrong in my program setup?
Attached Images

J-Wo is offline   Reply With Quote