Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 8th June 2011, 17:34   #8141  |  Link
SamuriHL

No, remember we set the Cyberlink Video Decoder in your external filters list yesterday? And then you set it to use HAM mode. That's your decoder.
Old 8th June 2011, 17:35   #8142  |  Link
noee

Why don't you guys just try ffmpeg-mt to see what happens, at least rule it out.
noee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 17:49   #8143  |  Link
pacemaker1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
No, remember we set the Cyberlink Video Decoder in your external filters list yesterday? And then you set it to use HAM mode. That's your decoder.
cant get it to stick in HAM mode. whenevr i check it always goes back to SW

Also when PDVD decoder is used i get a very blocky picture on mkv file using mpeg4
pacemaker1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 17:52   #8144  |  Link
janos666

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Sounds like a driver problem to me. madVR's refresh rate detection is usually very reliable.
Yes, I reinstalled the VGA driver and it works now.
janos666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 17:52   #8145  |  Link
Qaq
AV heretic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
Have you checked it?
For any case it's good to set Catalyst to best perfomance and disable New Rendering Path options in madVR. And I hope OS is Win7?
Qaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 17:54   #8146  |  Link
Qaq
AV heretic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacemaker1000 View Post
cant get it to stick in HAM mode. whenevr i check it always goes back to SW
Seems like you're under XP.
Old 8th June 2011, 18:17   #8147  |  Link
pacemaker1000

Thanks Guys

Qaq
Yes i am using Win7

i just uninstalled LAVSplitter and it makes no difference which i would think proves HAM mode is not working?

also proved that PDVD decoder is the cause of the blocky problem with my mkv file by turning that off

any other decoder i can try to set as preffered in mpc. can i use one from my TMT5?
or

any work around for the HAM problem?
Old 8th June 2011, 19:19   #8148  |  Link
mindbomb

you have to change it to HAM mode while the filter is loaded, aka, while a video is actually playing.

Also, I gave up on using HAM, never got good performance out of it.
mindbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 19:40   #8149  |  Link
pacemaker1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindbomb View Post
you have to change it to HAM mode while the filter is loaded, aka, while a video is actually playing.

thanks, tried that

so what decoder do people use for m2ts playback that fully supports MadVR?
Old 8th June 2011, 19:48   #8150  |  Link
noee

Uhhh, how about ffdshow (ffmpeg-mt).
noee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 20:55   #8151  |  Link
buletti

Madshi I just stumbled over your recent discussion in the non-ringing Lanczos scaling thread. In the begining of this thread (some time ago) you mentioned that you got a prototype of this Lanczos variant in Delphi.
I'm wondering now, if the non-ringing Lanczos implementation found its way into MadVR's shaders.
buletti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 21:12   #8152  |  Link
Andy o

I get sporadic error messages (not crashes though, can just continue watching) with ffdshow-mt when skipping to the next file with MPC-HC. I'm not sure if it only happens with exclusive mode. livab is fine though, also CoreAVC.
Andy o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 21:39   #8153  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by buletti View Post
I'm wondering now, if the non-ringing Lanczos implementation found its way into MadVR's shaders.
No, not yet. Maybe in a future version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy o View Post
I get sporadic error messages (not crashes though, can just continue watching) with ffdshow-mt when skipping to the next file with MPC-HC.
What kind of error message is? A Windows crash box? A text appearing in the madVR rendering area? Something else? What does the error message say?
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 21:45   #8154  |  Link
Qaq
AV heretic

Quote:
Not really. Changing by clicking in External filters is also works (for me at least).
Quote:
I found performance as good. HAM+madVR is not good combo for interlaced video (no VA support), but for progressive content it's great. For most users at least.
Quote:
i just uninstalled LAVSplitter and it makes no difference which i would think proves HAM mode is not working?
Check Cyberlink properties while playing: Filters - Cyberlink by click+Ctrl. This way you'll see extended properties window. If you'll see there HAM and Bitstream - you have good perfomance with hardware acceleration. HAM and SW means that something is wrong and hardware acceleration isn't working. I've no idea why. Maybe something is wrong with driver or DirectX (most likely). And you didn't set Catalyst to Best Perfomance, right?
Quote:
also proved that PDVD decoder is the cause of the blocky problem with my mkv file by turning that off
This proves that your mkvs are bad encoded (values of level or ref. frames are too high). Some people found that Cyberlink 10 works a bit stable here.
Quote:
any other decoder i can try to set as preffered in mpc. can i use one from my TMT5?
Arcsoft one won't give you hardware acceleration with madVR, the only chance here is Cyberlink HAM. You can try ffdshow decoder, but I'm not sure it will fix your problems with queues. So better try to *fix* HAM
Old 8th June 2011, 22:44   #8155  |  Link
pacemaker1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaq View Post
Not really. Changing by clicking in External filters is also works (for me at least).I found performance as good. HAM+madVR is not good combo for interlaced video (no VA support), but for progressive content it's great. For most users at least.
Check Cyberlink properties while playing: Filters - Cyberlink by click+Ctrl. This way you'll see extended properties window. If you'll see there HAM and Bitstream - you have good perfomance with hardware acceleration. HAM and SW means that something is wrong and hardware acceleration isn't working. I've no idea why. Maybe something is wrong with driver or DirectX (most likely). And you didn't set Catalyst to Best Perfomance, right?
This proves that your mkvs are bad encoded (values of level or ref. frames are too high). Some people found that Cyberlink 10 works a bit stable here.Arcsoft one won't give you hardware acceleration with madVR, the only chance here is Cyberlink HAM. You can try ffdshow decoder, but I'm not sure it will fix your problems with queues. So better try to *fix* HAM
thanks i will try some more tomorrow
already tried ffdshow and found it no better
can you explain again how to run cyberlink stats to prove whether HAM is wirking?
Old 8th June 2011, 22:54   #8156  |  Link
SamuriHL

Quote:
thanks i will try some more tomorrow
already tried ffdshow and found it no better
can you explain again how to run cyberlink stats to prove whether HAM is wirking?
Right click while playing a video, go to filters, hold ctrl while clicking on the Cyberlink Video Decoder. Sorry I've not been around much today. I'm really sick at the moment and have been sleeping as much as I can.
Old 8th June 2011, 23:03   #8157  |  Link
WontonNoodle

so.... how do i use Ycms now??? completely lost
WontonNoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 23:08   #8158  |  Link
someone`

@pacemaker1000 change back to 10.6 .
someone` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 23:20   #8159  |  Link
xv

madVR does not accept my 3dlut file, it says "This 3dlut file does not match the output format required by madVR".
Settings that were used to create the file:
Code:
Input_Format   yRGB  RGB_Video    8
Output_Primaries 0.680674 0.308849 0.228869 0.681504 0.151103 0.0521233 0.310731 0.32788
Output_Transfer_Function 5
Output_Matrix_Coefficients 0
Output_Range  0 255
Output_Bit_Depth 16
What´s wrong with it? It worked great before (with different input format) and should be fine, because it is what madVR expects (according to madshi): "16bit int R'G'B', display primaries, display corrected gamma"
xv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 23:28   #8160  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

maybe you need to define output_format as well

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling