Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > Advanced authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 7th November 2002, 06:36   #1  |  Link
mrsam

HOw do I access second audio stream for commentaries?

I am backing up the first season of Farscape. The Extras menu has a button for a commentary showing of both of the episodes on the DVD. They use the full video of the episode with the commentary audio running instead of the the main audio stream. Question is-How do I author this in Maestro so the second audio stream is selected when the commentary button is hit?
mrsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2002, 13:49   #2  |  Link
auenf

one of two ways:

- create a playlist that forces inital audio stream to #2

- create a command sequence that sets the audio stream to #2

Enf...
Old 8th November 2002, 07:56   #3  |  Link
mrsam

Thanks Enf. Is there a Tut somewhere that I can use to learn about writing command sequences? I'm still new to this and am slowly learning how all of this works.

Thanks again
Old 8th November 2002, 13:49   #4  |  Link
auenf

creating command sequences in maestro is actually quite simple, its working out what commands you want is the problem

when you open up your command sequence, the first thing you do is add a new command, (Add on the right)., then pick the 'Command Type' from the top, which would be 'Set System Stream' in your case, then in the 'System Parameters' change what you need. then you'll probably want to add another command, and jump to somewhere (see if you can follow the similar steps to create the 2nd line, then you should know the basics of command sequences.)

Enf...
Old 8th November 2002, 23:33   #5  |  Link
mrsam

Thanks

I'll try it tonight and let you know how it works
Old 13th November 2002, 04:17   #6  |  Link
SurfDrifter
Mind Over Matter

Why do I think that this is easier than creating playlists/command sequences? Maybe I didn't understand the question correctly...

So for me is better to do this...
Create the button in the Menu Editor and then at "Button" tab, go to where it says "Stream Preselection" and "Set Audio-Stream to X" (check-box should be on also) where X is the audio track where you have imported the audio commentary file...
Then, point as a target for the button, the same button itself( i personally do that) or send it to the main menu or wherever you want...
Old 13th November 2002, 11:26   #7  |  Link
auenf

Quote:
Originally posted by SurfDrifter
Why do I think that this is easier than creating playlists/command sequences? Maybe I didn't understand the question correctly...

So for me is better to do this...
Create the button in the Menu Editor and then at "Button" tab, go to where it says "Stream Preselection" and "Set Audio-Stream to X" (check-box should be on also) where X is the audio track where you have imported the audio commentary file...
Then, point as a target for the button, the same button itself( i personally do that) or send it to the main menu or wherever you want...
doh, forgot about that part...

Enf...
Old 24th November 2002, 11:20   #8  |  Link
SlaRty

My question regarding this is that when I make a menu for the commentry on a film I set the audio in the buttons tab and have a resume film button on the menu so that I can stop the film anywhere in the and change to commentry audio by simply going to the commentry menu and selecting the audio track and then reume film.

But when starting the film from the begining if I go to the commentry menu and select the commentry audio track and then go back to the main menu to start the fim it starts with the wrong audio track because I have to set the play button to a video track and by default the video seems to play with audio track 1 and the commentry is track 2. I know I can just hit the resume button in the commentry menu but I am trying to emulate the origional disc, I haven't yet played with command sequences because I haven't had a need to yet, do I have to start now?

Sorry if I sound stupid
Thanx in advance