Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 6th October 2005, 00:26   #21  |  Link
dirio49
JuSt a PoWer uSEr

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ
The trace dump is only able to dump what it has reached, not what it has not played. This is due to the way it works. Sorry.
thank for the quick reply
Old 6th October 2005, 00:46   #22  |  Link
radius

hi
i tested the remap vts / delete last, i actually got an error after the deleting, when pgcedit autoreloaded the dvd it asked me for the deleted vob (vts3) :/, so i had to open video_ts in ifoedit and make a getvtssector, after that when loading the "fixed" ifos pgcedit blocked at the loading of the last ifo (vts2), i fixed this by manually removing the vts3 and associated title in ifoedit (strangely they were still inside),
btw i've a question about LU menus, is it possible to change the language or something somewhere in pgcedit (i was not able to find it ) ?
Nice job ,
Regards
Old 6th October 2005, 11:07   #23  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by radius
hi
i tested the remap vts / delete last, i actually got an error after the deleting, when pgcedit autoreloaded the dvd it asked me for the deleted vob (vts3) :/, so i had to open video_ts in ifoedit and make a getvtssector, after that when loading the "fixed" ifos pgcedit blocked at the loading of the last ifo (vts2), i fixed this by manually removing the vts3 and associated title in ifoedit (strangely they were still inside)
The Delete Last VTS in Domain function do not save the DVD automatically. You have to do it after using the function, and before reloading the DVD, or the references to the removed domain will still be present in the IFOs.
I have done that this way to let the user remove several titlesets in sequence. But maybe I have to add an automatic save, to avoid this problem.

Quote:
btw i've a question about LU menus, is it possible to change the language or something somewhere in pgcedit (i was not able to find it ) ?
No, I see no reason to change the language code of a LU. If your original DVD has several LUs, the correct language codes must be already defined. If it has only one LU, the language code is useless because that LU will be used anyway.
Why do you want to change the language code? If you have a good reason, I may add a function or a plugin to do it.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2005, 12:30   #24  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

LU Plugin

Changed my mind. There is one reason to change the LU: when you have entered a wrong code in an authoring program, you may want to change it without having to recompile the DVD.
And it was so easy to do... So, here it is.

Download: lu_plugin_v10.zip
As usual, you have to put it in the "plugins" folder. See my homepage for details.
This plugin requires PgcEdit v0.6.1 or more.

Last edited by r0lZ; 6th October 2005 at 12:43.
Old 6th October 2005, 12:40   #25  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Auto-Comment plugin

I have also created a new "Auto-Comment" plugin. It adds a <void> comment to all PGCs without pre/post/cell commands. Though this plugin is of little use, it may be useful in some cases. See here for details.

Download: auto_comment_plugin_v10.zip

Consider these two plugins as beta versions. I will add links to them on my homepage later...

Last edited by r0lZ; 6th October 2005 at 12:42.
Old 6th October 2005, 14:10   #26  |  Link
radius

Quote:
Changed my mind. There is one reason to change the LU: when you have entered a wrong code in an authoring program, you may want to change it without having to recompile the DVD.
And it was so easy to do... So, here it is.

Download: lu_plugin_v10.zip
As usual, you have to put it in the "plugins" folder. See my homepage for details.
This plugin requires PgcEdit v0.6.1 or more.
ahah i had no good reason ^^
i removed one of 2 LU so it was using the other as default as you said, just wanted this one to be "unspecified" or something, but correcting an authoring error is a good reason , i'll retest the remap / delete thing, thanks

Last edited by radius; 6th October 2005 at 14:17.
Old 6th October 2005, 14:38   #27  |  Link
CirTap

first things first: great update!
I'm glad radius asked for the LU switcher , so there's another nice Plug-In
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lz
There is one reason to change the LU: when you have entered a wrong code in an authoring program, you may want to change it without having to recompile the DVD.
there's another: in DVD-lab for instance one cannot set the language code (or I wasn't able to figure it out), they all default to "en". That's probably true for many/all "consumer level" authoring tools.
I'm still puzzled on how to add a new LU at all; IfoEdit, Add PGC to VTSM_PGCI_UT did "something", but of course it didn't work Guess I need to do some more research on that subject.
It'd be great to simply author the full set of menus, clone/duplicate that LU, assign another lang code, and then replace what needs localization with VobBlanker or whatever (... just thinking)

Have fun,
CirTap

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
CirTap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2005, 16:39   #28  |  Link
dirio49
JuSt a PoWer uSEr

Quote:
The trace dump is only able to dump what it has reached, not what it has not played. This is due to the way it works. Sorry.
What about if it prints out the used cell for the Pgc in the vts that are used in an easier to read format without showing all the commands. Not necceseraly in the trace dumb log but taking information form there and creating a file as alist.
if it can be done. (for people who cannot easily read the trace dump output)
thanks

Last edited by dirio49; 6th October 2005 at 16:43.
dirio49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2005, 17:02   #29  |  Link
zacoz

Excuse my possible ignorance dirio49, but to what purpose ?

A list of played cells would only relate to the specific command flow and menu selections made to that point, but not other cells possibly played via similar but slightly different route. Can get very complex to trace all possible routes.
Old 6th October 2005, 17:15   #30  |  Link
dirio49
JuSt a PoWer uSEr

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacoz
Excuse my possible ignorance dirio49, but to what purpose ?

A list of played cells would only relate to the specific command flow and menu selections made to that point, but not other cells possibly played via similar but slightly different route. Can get very complex to trace all possible routes.
To find cell that are 'fake'
this would be only done when you would use the trace function and all the times
or it could be as a plugin
Old 6th October 2005, 17:24   #31  |  Link
ron spencer
DVD Magistrate

@CirTrap

DVDLab can set language code....but only after you compile your project....goto Tools-->IFO Editor - Audio

see

http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/Helppro/tools.htm

and scroll down
ron spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2005, 23:26   #32  |  Link
CirTap

@ron: yes, thanx, I know, but the feature you're refering to applies to audio tracks in "regular" DVD-lab (hence "IFO Editor - Audio"). DVD-lab PRO has *that* kind of (audio) language setting built-in w/o IFO hacking.
The LUs handled by r0lz' plug-in belong to "localized" DVD menus, DVD-lab does not handle -- yet.

CirTap

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
CirTap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2005, 10:59   #33  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

I haven't been on much, so let me add my voice to all others to congratulate r0lZ on his fine work.

The best just got better!

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2005, 16:30   #34  |  Link
radius

Hi,
there's actually a small issue using the "input value" button in the "prohibited user operation menu", when you validate or cancel the "input value" the "prohibited user ..." menu doesn't stay on top so we can't close it and continue, it does the same if you are in the "prohibited user ..." menu and you leave / refocus the pgcedit window, maybe it's something with gtk ?
btw is it possible to get the windows maximized when setting it's set in the shortcut too ^^ ?
thanks
Old 8th October 2005, 17:07   #35  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Hi,
there's actually a small issue using the "input value" button in the "prohibited user operation menu", when you validate or cancel the "input value" the "prohibited user ..." menu doesn't stay on top so we can't close it and continue, it does the same if you are in the "prohibited user ..." menu and you leave / refocus the pgcedit window, maybe it's something with gtk ?
Oh, yes, this problem is present when you use the PUOs editor fo filter the PUOs (main menu.) Will fix it. Thanks.
Quote:
btw is it possible to get the windows maximized when setting it's set in the shortcut too ^^ ?
thanks
What do you mean? You want a shortcut to maximize the main window? Unfortunately, it's not possible. The maximization of a window is M$ specific, and is therefore not supported by Tk. But there should be a Windows shortcut to do that on any active window.
Old 8th October 2005, 17:18   #36  |  Link
mpucoder

Quote:
But there should be a Windows shortcut to do that on any active window.
For those desperately seeking the shortcut - Alt space (opens the system menu normally opened by right clicking the title bar) followed by x
mpucoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2005, 17:51   #37  |  Link
Wheelie4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpucoder
For those desperately seeking the shortcut - Alt space (opens the system menu normally opened by right clicking the title bar) followed by x
Yet that works great. That's the only way I ever maximize and restore application windows.
Wheelie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2005, 18:50   #38  |  Link
radius

Quote:
What do you mean? You want a shortcut to maximize the main window? Unfortunately, it's not possible. The maximization of a window is M$ specific, and is therefore not supported by Tk. But there should be a Windows shortcut to do that on any active window.
yeah i actually run it thru a shortcut (u can set on the shortcut properties if you want to run the thing normal / minimized / maximized) but it's no big deal
another thing, could it be possible choosing to not "create a new vob id / edit vob" when creating a new blank cell, as sometimes we may use existing stuff ?
thanks

Last edited by radius; 8th October 2005 at 19:05.
Old 8th October 2005, 19:16   #39  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
yeah i actually run it thru a shortcut (u can set on the shortcut properties if you want to run the thing normal / minimized / maximized) but it's no big deal
Ah, it's a shortcut to a file! (Wnodows has such words!)
I don't understand why it doesn't work with Tcl/Tk. I have tried some time ago to make it work, without success.
Quote:
another thing, could it be possible choosing to not "create a new vob id / edit vob" when creating a new blank cell, as sometimes we may use existing stuff ?
thanks
I want also that option, but I have too many things to do! I will do it as soon as possible...
Old 9th October 2005, 01:46   #40  |  Link
voo_doo99

Create ISO image

In my DVD backup directory, I usually have sub-directories like BAKUP, STRIPPED, ... besides VIDEO_TS and of course PgcEditBackup. When creating ISO image, PgcEdit knew to ask if I wanted to include the other sub-dirs but would not go forward if I clicked No i.e did not allow me to create ISO image with just the VIDEO_TS, excluding the others sub-dirs though it knew not to ask about the PgcEditBackup sub-dir.

Can you add this exclude option for creating ISO image, save me from having to move other stuffs out each time. Thanks.
voo_doo99 is offline   Reply With Quote