Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 13th January 2003, 02:12   #1  |  Link
Faenzamov

Gone in 60 Seconds Probelm (Removing Previews)

I recently ripped Gone in 60 seconds, to dvdr. The movie was origninally DVD9. To get it to fit i needed to rip the previews from the begining. To do this i looked all over for guides on how to do o, but none of them worked with my dvd. The previews were contained in there own VTS (vts_03). I looked all over trying to figure out what I need and I ran into a post on this forum about JUmp commands. I roignally tried to change around the first play pgc, to change form the previews to to hte dvd menu. It did exactly that, but I wanted to include the minute or so video that leads into the main menu. I browsed around ofr more jump commands and found some in the VMGM_PGCI_UT under pgc_menu 5. Whati changed is illustrated by the picture below. I then did everything as normal but when i played my dvd in my stand alone, I tried to go the extras (intact) and play them it gave me C 13:00 Disc Dirty. My question is if modifying this jump command did this?

Programs used
Ifo Edit 0.94
Ifoupdate 1.27
Sonic Scenarist
CCE 2.50

Here is the image I refered to above:

Last edited by Faenzamov; 13th January 2003 at 02:15.
Faenzamov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2003, 04:36   #2  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

Disabling a Main Menu Button Guide

Note: This guide ASSUMES that your movie's IFO is VTS_01_0.IFO. Normally, your menus reside in the same titleset as your movie but there are some DVDs that have it in another VTS. Substitute "VTS_01_0.IFO" in this guide with your movie's IFO if it is different.

In this guide, we will disable our Bonus Materials Button as a common example. It should work for your other main menu buttons except Play.
1. As a good habit, backup all your .IFOs and .BUPs files to a separate folder in case you mess up in editing. You can always copy these good original files over your bad one and then Get VTS Sectors to start re-editing again. Kinda like a manual "UNDO" procedure.
2. In your DVD's main menu, you have a Bonus Materials or Special Features button. What will you see next if you were to click on this button? It's important that you know. Go ahead and select it and try to remember what your next page looks like. It may be a pre-transition video clip to your Bonus Materials menu or maybe only your Bonus Materials menu just comes next. Whatever the case, you need to really remember and visualize what plays next after you press your Bonus Materials Button. You'll be searching for it in your VTS VOB-Ids.

So, in your VTS_01_0.IFO / VMG Overview / Menu Language Unit section, view ONLY your menus that contain (uses VOB-Ids: #) on the same line. You can do that by double-left clicking on the menu line and your VOB Preview window will hopefully present you with what that VOB-ID contains.

Most of the time, viewing with IFOedit works. If you find that you may not be able to view the VOB-ID, there are two alternatives for viewing. One is DVD2AVI and the other is Vobrator. These freewares are available on Doom9’s download section. By preference, DVD2AVI is my next choice.

When you definitely found your menu, write down the PGC Menu # that resides on the same line to the left. We'll need it for the next step.

Note: You'll find all your Video Title Set (VTS) PGC-menu commands in VTS_*_0.IFO / VTSM_PGCI_UT / PGC-Menu_# s.

Right-click and highlight pre-command #1 and you will be presented with a pop-up menu with these six options:

Edit Command
Insert Command
Delete Command
Add PreCommand
Add PostCommand
Add CellCommand
6. You will see three drop-down menus to input values. Remember your note?( highlighted in blue above). If you were viewing your menu in VTS_01_0.IFO, then in your TitleSet Nr: field, it should be a “1”. If you were viewing it in VTS_05_0.IFO, then your TitleSet Nr: will be “5”. Now, left-click on down arrows on each drop-down menus and input as follows if you were doing Titleset Number 1.

Title Nr: 1 TitleSet Nr: 1 Menu: root

Now, when you click on your Bonus Materials’ button after you save, it should be disabled and you will remain in your main menu.

Last edited by 2COOL; 6th September 2003 at 07:59.
2COOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2003, 06:11   #3  |  Link
2COOL

Re: Gone in 60 Seconds Probelm (Removing Previews)

Quote:
Originally posted by Faenzamov
I then did everything as normal but when i played my dvd in my stand alone, I tried to go the extras (intact) and play them it gave me C 13:00 Disc Dirty. My question is if modifying this jump command did this?
My first guess is bad/defective media.
Old 13th January 2003, 13:28   #4  |  Link
Faenzamov

Yeah that disabled selecting the sneek peek menu (sneek peeks ripped) and everything works fine. Everything play when it should in the begining. The only probelm is the darn extras. They don't play when bonus materials is selected. Instead I Just get C13:00 Dirty Disc. DVD-R is TDK Systems DVD-r 2x Burnt with my pioneer AO5 and Prassi 2.0

Think it could be bad sectors? In ifoupdate I have it autocorrect VTS sectors. Then in ifoedit after I have made all the changes I need to to my ifo files, I load all ifos and do get vts sectors again. However normally ifoedit doesn't find any.

Last edited by Faenzamov; 13th January 2003 at 13:32.
Old 13th January 2003, 19:59   #5  |  Link
2COOL

Re: Gone in 60 Seconds Probelm (Removing Previews)

Quote:
I recently ripped Gone in 60 seconds, to dvdr. The movie was origninally DVD9. To get it to fit i needed to rip the previews from the begining.
If you said by just taking out the preview vobs and it fits nicely on a DVD5, then you didn't need to IFOupdate. You use IFOupdate when you authored your movie or after you create new IFOs using IfoEdit. These methods change the new IFOs back to what the original is.

In my understanding and visualizing,your DVD has buttons for Sneak Peeks and Bonus Materials. We now disabled the Sneak Peeks button and preview vobs has been removed. WE don't need to disable Bonus Materials as we can fit those on DVD. So the next step should've burning.

How many times have you burnt your DVD?
Old 13th January 2003, 20:09   #6  |  Link
Faenzamov

Im sorry, I misled you, I rencoded the main VTS to rip the audio tracks that were uneeded. I also ripped the previews. I needed to use Ifoupdate becuase I encoded the main VTS. I have burnt the dvd 2 times. The second was a little closer ot fixing the probelm. The first time before I had disabled the sneek peeks button, if you sleected it you would get C13:00. This was weird because the submenu was intact. The second time I burned, I disabled the sneek peeks and when you clicked on the button in the second dvd it just wouldn't do anything. However in both dvds, The bonus materials (untouched) will not play. My question is Why?
Old 13th January 2003, 20:12   #7  |  Link
Faenzamov

When I atuhor and use Ifoupdate the ifo that gets used is the original, It is hte one modified not the one scenarist gave. On my project I burned the original after Ifoupdate was run on it.
Old 13th January 2003, 20:38   #8  |  Link
2COOL

Stupid question but your Bonus Materials plays on your original DVD? I'm assuming it does.

Have you tried viewing it with PowerDVD instead of your standalone? Have you tried it on another standalone?

If your standalone can accept DVD RWs, try burning that and if it you still get C:13:00, you can always erase.

You have a Sony player, am I right?
Old 13th January 2003, 23:16   #9  |  Link
Faenzamov

When I atuhor and use Ifoupdate the ifo that gets used is the original, It is hte one modified not the one scenarist gave. On my project I burned the original after Ifoupdate was run on it.

Please Respond to that question.

Yes I have a sony DVD Player. DVD Plays fine in WinDVD. I guess I colud try in another standalone. Ill let a freind borrow it.
Old 14th January 2003, 01:26   #10  |  Link
2COOL

Quote:
There's a slight confusion here. Your definition of "original" is not really the original. You defined your "original" as the "modified", IFOUpdated IFO.

To be on the same page, let's just say the untouched and unencoded IFO is your "original". The one that Scenarist gave you after authoring is your "authored" IFO. The IFO you got when you used IFOUpdate will be called your "modified IFO".

You suppose to update the authored IFO using the original IFO.

In IFOupdate, the settings should be like this example.

Original IFO Path: C:\DVD\Vts_01_0.ifo
Authored IFO Path: C:\DVD\Scenarist\Vts_01_0.ifo
Backup IFO Path: C:\DVD\Scenarist\Vts_01_0.IFO.BAK

Unfortunately, I haven't mastered the art re-encoding and authoring as I live in NTSC country. So I haven't done an IFOupdate with an authored one. I've done it mainly after I created new IFOs with movie-only.

Last edited by 2COOL; 14th January 2003 at 01:32.
Old 14th January 2003, 03:34   #11  |  Link
Faenzamov

So which ifoupdated one should be used in the burned version? The scenarist one or the original, Whhich one is modified by Ifoupdate? I too live in NTSC country but there are some ntsc movie i have needed to reencode. Such as this one.

I really have no idea why I am having this probelm. I do autocorrect vts sectors with ifoupdate and in ifoedit I do get vts sectors.
Old 14th January 2003, 20:40   #12  |  Link
2COOL

Quote:
So which ifoupdated one should be used in the burned version? The scenarist one or the original, Whhich one is modified by Ifoupdate?
Your final IFO is actually your corrected Scenarist IFO. Your Scenarist IFO has been wrote over for corrections. Out of habit, I wouldv'e backed that up into another folder before it's overwritten, even though IFOupdate gave you a backup file.
Just in case I would work on that again if something goes wrong. Test before burn.

Last edited by 2COOL; 14th January 2003 at 20:42.
Old 14th January 2003, 23:14   #13  |  Link
Faenzamov

The original DVD ifo is not touched by ifoupdate? Only the once scenarist made? It seems that theo riginal has been modified too.
I need to know which one should be burned to my final project the scenarist one or the original.
Old 22nd February 2003, 16:13   #14  |  Link
roach76

You forgot to mention that this will button disabling guide only works on some DVDs, probably most. Where you have said to put your jump command could create problems. If a DVD extensively uses the GPRegisters you could be skipping some of those commands which are needed. Sometimes it is a good idea to move all your post-commands to the end of your pre-commands as pre-commands and disable all jumps/calls etc. and then have the last command as the jump that you want. Even then it could jump around a few PGC-Menus without displaying a VOB-ID. So the jump command might have to be in a different PGC-Menu all together.

Last edited by roach76; 22nd February 2003 at 16:17.
roach76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2003, 23:54   #15  |  Link
Fmazzanti

Hey 2COOL,
I've tried your guide and I can tell that it worked! Nice trick...
However I want to disable also other buttons that do not link to other menus (as the extras case) but to audios and subtitles. Could you please tell me how can I disable such buttons? For example, if I have a button that sets the audio track to french, could I simply disable it or make it defaul to english?
Thanks...
Fmazzanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2004, 06:19   #16  |  Link
J-Wo

2Cool: This guide worked great for removing a button from the main menu. But how can I use this to remove a buttom from the BONUS menu? Inside the bonus menu I have maybe 10 bonus links, but I've only deleted one of them which is TV Spots. The TV Spots button links to its own menu of 5 different trailers, all of which I've removed with VobBlanker. Using this guide, pressing the TV Spots button brings me back to the main menu, but what I want is it to return to the Bonus Menu. The TV Spots menu is PGC #11 and the Bonus Menu is #7, both in VTS_01. Can you help me?
J-Wo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2004, 07:35   #17  |  Link
jeanl

@J-Wo
I think the command you should use is this one:
[20 04 00 00 00 00 00 07] 1 LinkPGCN PGC 7

which links to PGC#7 in the same VTSM, instead of
“(JumpSS_VTSM) Jump to Titleset Menu”

You should be doing that in pgcedit, it's much easier for this kind of stuff...
Jeanl
jeanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2004, 07:50   #18  |  Link
jeanl

@Fmazzanti
The easiest way is to get MenuEdit (registered) which I think isn't expensive at all, and allows you to change what the buttons do at will. It will also display the menu buttons, so that makes everything much easier.
You can also try to use Pgcedit, but this might be trickier because pgcedit does not (yet) allow you to change button commands. However, it will show you the command that the button you want to disable executes.
If you're lucky, all the button does is set a gprm, and link to the tail (i.e. jump to the postcommand section of the pgc). In that case, it's easy to alter the postcommands so no action is taken when that button is pressed. Other times, the postcommands simply look at sprm(8) (highlighted button) to determine which button was pressed and act accordingly. This should also be easy to modify. In some other cases, the menu button links to another pgc, which you'll need to modify. Finally, the button might also directly set the audio/subtitles (SetSTN command), and that would be more difficult to change (you would have to do that in the PGC where it jumps after the SetSTN command, for example to reset the audio to the value you want).
As you see, definitely not as easy as using menuedit!
Jeanl
jeanl is offline   Reply With Quote