Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 23rd December 2018, 18:35   #1  |  Link
NoMention

Multi-Title with HD Audio (BDEdit help maybe?)

I use the TMPGENC AuthorWorks 6 simply because I love the menu generation and the ease in which I can build motion menus and such. The problem with this application is that it cannot accept Dolby TrueHD nor DTS-MA as audio inputs, even if the goal is to simply take 2 videos and build a compilation disc, which is exactly what I am doing.

I record in 1080p video and 5.1 LPCM audio. From this I typically use the DTS Encoder suite to convert from LPCM to DTS-MA so that I can maximize the bitrate for video. Nothing really fancy here.

The problem is that I am having a really hard time with attempting to do this using the menu output from AuthorWorks. Here is what I am currently trying to do:

1. Use my AVC H264 video and my original LPCM audio
2. Create the multi-title menu in AuthorWorks and Export the BDMV structure
3. Use txMuxer to construct individual m2ts title files that are now H264 and DTS-MA
4. Rename and replace those into the BDMV folder that AuthorWorks created
5. ?????????

So step 5 is where I am falling apart. I suspect that I will need to make adjustments through BDEdit since the m2ts file sizes are no longer the same and I assume that the menu hooks are all based on byte offsets or something like that. I've tried using multiAVCHD 4.1 but the menu construction there is way more difficult to get it right. I've sent an inquiry to Pegasys about adding DTS-MA and Dolby TrueHD as supported inputs (but without any modification support) but they said that they do not have plans for this and it would require additional licensing to do it.

What I want in the end is my BD Menu from AuthorWorks that has my layout and navigation but when I click on the corresponding title it plays my H264 + DTS-MA title.

Hopefully I've given enough detail to explain what it is I am attempting to do here.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me. I am sure it is something easy however I am far from knowledgeable about the internals of the BD format and when I look at BDEdit I am way over my head....

Last edited by NoMention; 23rd December 2018 at 20:36.
NoMention is offline   Reply With Quote